Do you have any make or break things when it comes to dating ?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
When it comes to dating do you have any things about the person in general that will 'make or break' the potential to be with someone ? This excludes fat people, because we all know no one likes obese people and that they are evil so this is a given.

Some things in general for me are:

1. Red hair
2. Lots of freckles
3. Smoking
4. Extremely into politics

p.s. Or dirty women. I would assume this is as given as well

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive been wanting a red head for a while now.
I dont like:

psychos
compulsive liars
nasty feet
dirty chicks in general
cant handle the D
oh and probably number 1 on my list.....messed up grills, looking like cheetos or just dagger like.....like it would be mad dangerous to explore.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
piston-

A lot of that stuff is kinda a given, esp dirty women. I'm not saying that there are not men who don't 'prefer' dirty women, but I think this is a given.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
1. Smoking........unless its the blue vein cigar
2. Don't really like red heads.
3. Poor sense of humour. If a girl just straight up doesnt laugh at say 50% of my jokes then things wont work out in the long run. Actually its probably one of the most important things for me because i honestly think it says a lot about a person. If she sits there watching Superbad and doesn't laugh then see ya later.
4. No interest in fitness what so ever.
5. Recent ex bf's that are still on the scene.
6. Doesn't eat cos she thinks i'll think she is fat.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah i guess youre right reaper.

if i cant make her laugh then its not happening.
doesnt enjoy eating

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Actually, I completely forgot about 'not opening up and holding back.'

That's a big one.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
1.) Awkwardness
Never thought of that Gixx but your right. I think if you don't just hit the ground running with conversation then it probably wont work.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i hate when a chick is too easy. believe it or not.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
1) Smoking - I'll never make out with an ashtray again
2) Awkwardness/lack of personality
3) Too easy - if she sleeps with me on the 1st or 2nd date, I won't call her back. I lose all respect for her as a dating object.
4) Heavy drinker - I dated one of those and it leads to more problems than its worth.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1. Smoking
2. Intentionally unhealthy
3. Heavy drinker
4. Bad credit/big spender
5. No ability to have an in depth conversation
6. Falls too quickly, too hard.
7. Too jealous (a little is good)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow. Personally, freckles are a HUGE turn on for me. I actually don't like it when a lot of girls put on concealer (makeup) because it covers their freckles up. Perhaps, I'm just weird (is that a surprise?). My theory is, just like the "beauty mark" you see on Marilyn Monroe and Cindy Crawford, they give a slight imperfection to the face which helps guage how hawt the rest of it is.

To add to your list, High Maintenance Girls. If she's already my girl, looks have gotten her prettymuch all they can do, and now I want to go out to the damn park (or other destination). What can she possibly be doing for 45 minutes to get ready? Who's she trying to impress? I've already seen what she looks like at 5:00 in the morning, and I'm still here, aren't I?

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Wow. Personally, freckles are a HUGE turn on for me. I actually don't like it when a lot of girls put on concealer (makeup) because it covers their freckles up. Perhaps, I'm just weird (is that a surprise?). My theory is, just like the "beauty mark" you see on Marilyn Monroe and Cindy Crawford, they give a slight imperfection to the face which helps guage how hawt the rest of it is.

To add to your list, High Maintenance Girls. If she's already my girl, looks have gotten her prettymuch all they can do, and now I want to go out to the damn park (or other destination). What can she possibly be doing for 45 minutes to get ready? Who's she trying to impress? I've already seen what she looks like at 5:00 in the morning, and I'm still here, aren't I?

IMHO high maintenance/jealous girls are never EVER worth the trouble they will cause you.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
1. Smoking
2. Excessive drinking
3. Drug use
4. Slutty
5. Stupid
6. Liar
7. Has cheated in the past
8. Lazy
9. Bad credit

I believe that previous action is the best predictor of future action.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
She isn't just sleeping with you, you are sleeping with her too. You know that right? So in reality, you're being easy too.
LMFAO

My dad has a cousin that was over at our house when I was a kid, and he was going on about this girl he thought was a total slut. Apparently she sucked him off on their 1st-5th dates, and he didn't think he wanted to be with a girl like that. He wanted a girl with morals.

Even at 8 years old I had this WTF look on my face.:lol:

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
1. No Sense Of Humor
2. Dumb(i Like Inteligent Conversation)
3.i Agree With Gixx If Its Too Easy It Definitly Kills The Desire To Persue.
4.feet- I Dont Really Notice This But A Couple Times It Has Creeped Me Out
5.hairy Arms
6.girls That Are Caught Up In The Scene (l.a./o.c Types)
7.to Much Make Up.
8.ex Boyfriend Problems- Been There Done That And Never Again
9.sneaky Girls
10.someone Who Has Dated Any Of Your Friends...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Smoking definitely
Gossipy/too judgmental
Lacks confidence
Too jealous
Compulsive Liar or Spender
Anti-violent hippie

Maybe I am just too picky...

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Racist/Homophobic/Over-Judgemental
If she saw a post of ReaperX and thought he had a sense of humour.

Those are the only two deal breakers for me. The first one is obvious. I'm pretty accepting of others and my gf must be as well. And the second one just because that dude has the worst sense of humor on here, and if a girl had the same kind I'd be out.

Everything else is judged pretty much on an ad hoc basis.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Racist/Homophobic/Over-Judgemental
If she saw a post of ReaperX and thought he had a sense of humour.

Those are the only two deal breakers for me. The first one is obvious. I'm pretty accepting of others and my gf must be as well. And the second one just because that dude has the worst sense of humor on here, and if a girl had the same kind I'd be out.

Everything else is judged pretty much on an ad hoc basis.
My humor is subjective and, I agree it is not for everyone. For example, a lot people think Will Ferrell acting like a 40 yr old with Down Syndrome on the big screen is funny, I do not happen to fall into this category.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
She isn't just sleeping with you, you are sleeping with her too. You know that right? So in reality, you're being easy too.
No I didn't even grasp that concept, in fact you've opened my eyes to a bright new world. :nutkick:

If a girl sleeps with me as easily as that I'm not going to date her. If I'm not dating anyone else however, I'll keep her around for that singular fact.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My humor is subjective and, I agree it is not for everyone. For example, a lot people think Will Ferrell acting like a 40 yr old with Down Syndrome on the big screen is funny, I do not happen to fall into this category.
Well I am sure in between rousing sessions of WOW and bible Monopoly your friends and yourself reminisce about your 'totally unique sense of humor that like, nobody gets'.

I mean, you had a weird picture of Britney as your avy, that's really novel and unique. Well, it's about as novel and unique as an MJ joke, but it was funny. Well, it wasn't so much funny as monotonous and overplayed. But, it was definitely unique though. Well, I had seen somebody on a different board with the same one, so it wasn't so much unique. It was definitely something though.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Well I am sure in between rousing sessions of WOW and bible Monopoly your friends and yourself reminisce about your 'totally unique sense of humor that like, nobody gets'.

I mean, you had a weird picture of Britney as your avy, that's really novel and unique. Well, it's about as novel and unique as an MJ joke, but it was funny. Well, it wasn't so much funny as monotonous and overplayed. But, it was definitely unique though. Well, I had seen somebody on a different board with the same one, so it wasn't so much unique. It was definitely something though.
Don't confuse humor with entertainment. They can 'indeed' be seperated.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't confuse humor with entertainment. They can 'indeed' be seperated.
I don't. I simply know what you do is neither.

:nono:

:D

Oh, and touching Jayhawkk. That's another one for me.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I don't. I simply know what you do is neither.

:D

Oh, and touching Jayhawkk. That's another one for me.
I was expecting another pseudo philosophical or some type of esoteric explanation instead, but I guess that works too.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Gary Coleman is BOTH humorous and entertaining. Argue that, fellows.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Smoking definitely
Gossipy/too judgmental
Lacks confidence
Too jealous
Compulsive Liar or Spender
Anti-violent hippie

Maybe I am just too picky...
OMG, that's a good one (bolded), and as you can see by the large amount of text following, it struck a nerve with me. The last girl I was with was really judgemental of people, I mean to the point where she tried to hold conversations with me about how other people were "inferior and ignorant" (comparing the flaws of others to her opinion of herself). Jeez, if it weren't for the fact that I was her man at the time, I woulda knocked that ass off cloud nine faster than [place dirty joke featuring Gixxer, Jomi822, a goat, and Tripdog's mother here].

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
the girl ive been with for a while is a heavy drinker and jealous.....no wonder we have been having so much problems....It always happens when she or i am drunk. Not to mention i have ALOT of girlfriends so im getting the clue that it isnt going to work so well (actually ive thought this for a while). Sometimes its hard to move on once you have been intimate with someone many times....at least for me it is.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
the girl ive been with for a while is a heavy drinker and jealous.....no wonder we have been having so much problems....It always happens when she or i am drunk. Not to mention i have ALOT of girlfriends so im getting the clue that it isnt going to work so well (actually ive thought this for a while). Sometimes its hard to move on once you have been intimate with someone many times....at least for me it is.
Jealousy is the worse man! I just got out of a year long relationship with a very jealous girl. It's horrible. They won't change and the problems you have now will still be around in 6-12-18 months time. I have plenty of female friends, purely just friends that i've know since highschool but i was accused of cheating countless times etc. My advise Piston is get out of there before it gets really messy which inevitably i think it will.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jealousy is the worse man! I just got out of a year long relationship with a very jealous girl. It's horrible. They won't change and the problems you have now will still be around in 6-12-18 months time. I have plenty of female friends, purely just friends that i've know since highschool but i was accused of cheating countless times etc. My advise Piston is get out of there before it gets really messy which inevitably i think it will.
thanks for the advice really apprieciate it. Whats ****ed up is she is planning on getting me a PS3 or XBOX360 like this weekend as a xmas gift and i kinda want it lol. We have broken up so many times but it never lasts that long before we are back together. I even have other options out there but this chick wants all of my free time. I dont know what to do, i love her but not as much as she loves me. Not sure what to do....i suck at relationships, seriously.

sorry for the OT discussion guys.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
1) Has a penis

:chick::aargh:

But, once this part has been screened,
I'm not expecting every woman I see the be dating material. So she can be a FB or MLtr

I find many times, you don't get the real girl right away anyways. So it takes at least 6 months, even if she's a fantastic woman, before I consider exclusiveness.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the advice really apprieciate it. Whats ****ed up is she is planning on getting me a PS3 or XBOX360 like this weekend as a xmas gift and i kinda want it lol. We have broken up so many times but it never lasts that long before we are back together. I even have other options out there but this chick wants all of my free time. I dont know what to do, i love her but not as much as she loves me. Not sure what to do....i suck at relationships, seriously.

Lol i here ya man, was in the same situation very recently. It always easier said then done. I knew i should have gotten out but something always kept me there. Now its all over and i can relax and have stress free wkends rather then 3am drunk fights with my gf.

Ps. if she gets you the Xbox dump her lol, i had one, it was great for the two weeks until it broke!!

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol i here ya man, was in the same situation very recently. It always easier said then done. I knew i should have gotten out but something always kept me there. Now its all over and i can relax and have stress free wkends rather then 3am drunk fights with my gf.

Ps. if she gets you the Xbox dump her lol, i had one, it was great for the two weeks until it broke!!
Lol. yeah last week i broke up with her, told her i was just tired of fighting. lasted like 3 days.

I think im pullin for the ps3. haha thanks.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established

PS3 or Xbox 360 eh ? You datin' some high rollin' women there eh piston ?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
PS3 or Xbox 360 eh ? You datin' some high rollin' women there eh piston ?
not really. she saved for it. i think she loves me but im still thinking i might be getting used as she always brags how good the sex is.

Just after i posted that last post that i posted. ...? We talked on the phone i told her that i wanted to buy my best friend (girl) a xmas gift 50-75$, she didnt say anything. Then she calls me back all jealous saying i spoil my friend. I said i just apprieciate her, she is my best friend..told her why is she so jealous....and i should write a soap opera. should i just wait for xmas get my ps3 buy her a digi cam and bail?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
eh, I've feel shltty, esp. if she saved up for it. I'd just bail now.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
not really. she saved for it. i think she loves me but im still thinking i might be getting used as she always brags how good the sex is.

Just after i posted that last post that i posted. ...? We talked on the phone i told her that i wanted to buy my best friend (girl) a xmas gift 50-75$, she didnt say anything. Then she calls me back all jealous saying i spoil my friend. I said i just apprieciate her, she is my best friend..told her why is she so jealous....and i should write a soap opera. should i just wait for xmas get my ps3 buy her a digi cam and bail?
I'd let the Xmas period die down then do it if you still feel the same way.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
eh, I've feel shltty, esp. if she saved up for it. I'd just bail now.
yeah and if i stay with her get the gift then we split a month later ill still probably feel sh1tty about keeping it. ill just tell her not to buy me anything.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah and if i stay with her get the gift then we split a month later ill still probably feel sh1tty about keeping it. ill just tell her not to buy me anything.
Break up with her now. Tell her that you can't continue like it has been. Tell her you think you BOTH should see other people.

In the meantime, do just that. But have her over maybe twice a week at MOST for some gool ol fassion lovin:afro:

Basicly, your downgrading the relationship. If she is really into you, she will still want to see you.
Let her know you have NO plans at the moment to get exclusive right now (she wont beleive this, but you do need to be more "busy" and less available over the phone in between your together time)

Chances are she will still hook ya up with the PS3...
Get a digital camera in case she does, so you have something to give her as well. If she doesn't, KEEP IT FOR YOURSELF.

-She'll know who it was intended for. You can choose to give it to her anyways. (I would I think), but EXPECT NOTHING IN RETURN.

I think you'll be VREY happy with the way this turns out :afro:

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Lol. yeah last week i broke up with her, told her i was just tired of fighting. lasted like 3 days.
You have to MEAN IT, bro, and yes, it's hard if the intimacy goes deep, but that's WHY you need to mean it. Things that don't work in the relationship won't improve, 90%+ of the time, even when you're strong and focused, even if changes are made. Trying to do it "the easy way" pretty much always results in a deteriorating situation; eventually, you'll HAVE TO break out...and so much for your "easy way" then.

W/ me & my GF, there's no one BIG thing - but there are a thousand medium-sized things, and they've grown to the point where they interfere with my ability to enjoy the parts that DO work well. After 18 months of trying to work out this stuff, I'm finally forced to accept that she will not change anything unless forced to, and it simply doesn't matter to her what I want unless it overlaps with what she wants.

Bottom line, I don't want to live like this; and even though she is hands-down the BEST sex partner I've ever had, and one of the best friends I've ever had, as long as I'm living with her, I will continue to live the way we have been - and I just won't do that. Therefore, she has togo - and going she is. I'm working toward a split that leaves a pleasant taste...but we WILL split, whatever the resulting flavor.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I think that's where communication is important. When the little things crop you, you address them as they occur which does not create an overwhelleming feeling of discourse.

When it gets to the point (as you stated BodyWizard), things pile up and it just all falls apart.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thing is i have old girlfriends calling me up and im meeting new girls. she has broken up with me like 3 or 4 times and always acts like it was just a drunken break up. This last weekend i broke it off with her. I told her i wasnt ready to be serious, that i didnt want to have to answer to someone. I told her im sick of fighting and that all those times she broke up with me just pushed me away. So now im back in the same position. I only see her about twice a week anyway and since we only sleep with each other once a week its not like we are always together. She must dig me because even tho we dont spend time together often she still wants me. Even after the last break up she admitted she was going to buy the ps3 for me anyway. Youre right she wont change and the sad thing is i was a bad alcoholic but i went thru counseling...i see she is worse than i am. She wont change no matter how many lessons i try to teach her. Its like we get no where in progressing.

xtraflossy are you saying that i should do it before xmas?

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
xtraflossy are you saying that i should do it before xmas?
If you continue to keep her around as a FB, she will get it for you ANYWAYS

Basicly, as a MAN, do the right thing. Which would be to either leave her alone, or take care of her (the way she want's to be ,NOT the way you think you have to) if she's worth it. And she just very well NOT make a great girlfriend, but you sound as if she's make an execelant FB, (even a Mltr)

Make sure you realize, that she is MAKING YOU TREAT HER JUST LIKE SHE WANTS/NEEDS TO BE TREATED.

I think the main point here for you, is that the TIMING should not be an issue. If something needs to be done, you , as the man need to do it. Also, as a man, if you know it would be apparently bettre for her to be using that money for something that she NEEDS, then break off all contact before she buy's it.

She might just be using it as leverage (probably) to keep you around.

You just don't know.

So don't rely on this, or her, for your decission.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Basicly, as a MAN, do the right thing. Which would be to either leave her alone, or take care of her (the way she want's to be ,NOT the way you think you have to) if she's worth it. And she just very well NOT make a great girlfriend, but you sound as if she's make an execelant FB, (even a Mltr)

Make sure you realize, that she is MAKING YOU TREAT HER JUST LIKE SHE WANTS/NEEDS TO BE TREATED.

I think the main point here for you, is that the TIMING should not be an issue. If something needs to be done, you , as the man need to do it. Also, as a man, if you know it would be apparently bettre for her to be using that money for something that she NEEDS, then break off all contact before she buy's it.

You just don't know.

Great post. Reps

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
what happened to chicks that don't pay their way? freeloading, expect everything for nothing cause i'm beautiful types? f*ck that sh*t!! lol

also ones that have their heads burried deep in their cell phones and have really loud obnoxious ring tones that everyone within half a mile can hear and then when they finally answer their phones they yell into them so everyone can hear how "important" they think they are.

stay away from smokers, they ALWAYS have problems, ALWAYS!!

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

You just don't know.

great post. what is a mltr btw?

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
great post. what is a mltr btw?
MLTR= multipule Long Term Realationships.

It's different from having a few FB's. Its litterally, having what the name implies. There's more value in it,other then just sex. Just like a girlfriend, lol, but more then one.
For those women that are LTR potentail (but it's not a competition per se, you have no intentions of exclusiveness with just one of them. It's another option, although, admitidly, it's not for everyone. Its kindy lonely doing that, despite having more then one girlfriend. hard to explain that last part :p