Tin Man

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have been seeing the previews on scifi when at my friends house but i dont get that channel at home so i didnt see it. Did you see it B?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think I saw part of a preview, skimming through the channels. It definitely looks interesting. Tonight at @ 9, huh? I'll have to turn it on.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is on late here at 10:00PM. I have been using my new Cox DVR.

I saw episode one yesterday morning after the gym. I will watch episode two this morning.

I'm not convinced it's 'good' yet, but it is interesting.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It has some good story elements but the acting is the usual SciFi sub-par...except for Dreyfuss.

Not sure if I will watch it regularly though.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Tin Man | SCIFI.COM
Tin Man | SCIFI.COM

Anyone get a chance to see episode one. It's a three part mini series. They have the episodes on the site that you can watch in their entirety. It is an interesting twist to the old tale of the OZ.
My family's been watching it, I've just walking through the living room and goggling the bad witch (kathleen robertson) whenever she's on... ummm

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Watching it right now. Eh, it's so-so. The Witch lady made flying monkeys come out from here.....rack? I wish I could do that.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn...I have been waiting for this to come on. Is there a rebroadcast of episode 1?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its on the site. They have the episodes available for viewing in their entirety after the initial broadcast.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its on the site. They have the episodes available for viewing in their entirety after the initial broadcast.
My laptop's sounds has been busted for 8 months now. :(

Only show I am really "into" besides HOUSE is Battlestar Galactica.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My laptop's sounds has been busted for 8 months now. :(

Only show I am really "into" besides HOUSE is Battlestar Galactica.
Are the speakers broken? Most lappy's have a headphone's jack. I always have my connected to the stereo with a Male-Male line into this jack. [let the filthy dsade replies come rolling in from the wording of that last sentence ;)]

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are the speakers broken? Most lappy's have a headphone's jack. I always have my connected to the stereo with a Male-Male line into this jack. [let the filthy dsade replies come rolling in from the wording of that last sentence ;)]
Yeah, the headphone jack words...I just like being able to hear around me. Headphones freak me out (long story).

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Episode 2 was interesting.

There is a lot of dramatic creative license in this show. But it has become quite a alternate historic interpretation on many different levels. Quite entertaining.

But as mentioned the acting is quite weak.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
\

But as mentioned the acting is quite weak.
Give them time to get used to the roles, I say. Sometimes you can develop quite good actors from a small series like this.

I can't help but think this is inspired by the success of "Wicked".

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not familiar with the title. But you are right they are strengthening...especially Glitch (aka: scarecrow)

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Who is the actress playing Giji (sp?)? She looks incredibly familiar, like I've seen her in another show/movie.
DG - Is played by Zooey Deschanel. Shes the girl from Elf, Failure to Launch, and the show "Weeds". Her sister is the chick from the show "Bones" Emily Deschanel. They both have incredible sexy voices IMO

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Just finished Part 3 about an hour ago.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, though very different from the Garland version. Very creatively and cleverly different - I really like the way they re-spun things, reinterpreted characters. Predictable, but gee, how many times have we heard this story? The unfamiliar flavor is very welcome.

Don't know if I'd call it "good" - "Dangerous Liaisons" is good, "Matrix" is good. Did I mention I enjoyed it?

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
:wtf: Eureka...hello?

Much Love,

Neoborn
yea eureka rox..so does BSG,as does ghost hunters..yes i am a scifi mark and love it..lol

the Tin MAN has me scratching my head because i have zero idea whay it was titled Tin Man????? the story was more driven by D.G and her super hot busty sister..i did actually enjoy it as i had to sit through it with my fiance as she just read wicked and mirror mirror

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
was having the same Q w/ my Gf last night - WHY is it called "Tin Man"?

Bottom line? THe original was called "The WIZARD of Oz", but HE was barely in it at all...so this isn't *that* weird.

Poor acting, yes - although the guy playing Tin Man is great (he was *terrific* in "Band of Brothers") and the Glitch/Ambrose character was really well-done (my favorite character by far).

I liked it much better than the Dune remake a few years ago - in fact, except for "Eureka" and "BSG", I'm not that impressed with them. I'd love it if they picked up "Crusade" and "Firefly", & took them beyond their existing 13 episodes - those were 2 shows with almost unlimited potential, dropped by their networks early for scant reason ("Crusade" was dumped because the network wanted more sex and violence - and less story-telling).

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Firefly was terrific, I agree. I'd love it if SciFi picked it up and let Joss Wedon retain total creative control. Of course Wedon went nihlistic in "Serenity" and killed off many of the key characters. It wouldn't be the same without Alan Tudyk.

Not really sure if SciFi does much more than finance BSG. Eureka is a great show with very good comedic acting.

This TinMan is like a lot of the made for and by SciFi movies that have really bad CG effects and mediocre acting..think "Mansquito". lol

They really should have just let Alan Cumming speak in his native Scotch accent. I don't like the phoney American accent.

Story elements however are pretty rich and if I were more into TV these days, I might watch it.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I think Whedon got bitter about having this brilliant beginning turn up in a dumpster with a bullet in its head - I don't think he would have killed Book or Wash for a long time, given a real series run - too much juice in 'em.

As for BSG, I don't care what their role is, they've got it on the schedule, and it's fantastic - the more I see of it, the better I like it...and this coming from someone who HATED the original, its shallow, Love-Boat quality, the "actors", and every stupid 70s cliche packed into it (note: Glen A. Larson = kiss-of-death).

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
BSG is owned by scifi or i should say licensed just like stargate is,nbc /universal owns scifi

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It was good, it was called "Tin Man" because the "Tin Man" who was a former cop/aka "tin man" was stuck in a suite for years that I am guessing was made of tin.

1slowcivic

Awards
It was pretty good. I've been waiting for a new twist on the Wizard of Oz ever since McFarlane toys came out with The Twisted Land of Oz series. Kinda hoped they woulda been the one's to produce it.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
My friend tripped on acid once and thought I was the tin man...

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Zooey was hot in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. You're right about the sexy voice.