Wii Tennis Addicts Anonymous

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does anyone else play this game as religiously as myself?

I'm trying to figure out if they have more opponents you can play against. Right now I keep getting stuck playing Sarah (1900) and Elisa (2000) every time, and it's starting to get annoying.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm getting a Wii soon. I have played the boxing and love it. It is a great cardio workout. I actually had to go home and take a shower after playing the boxing. It really makes for a fun workout. Exercise + video games is a good thing, plus it keeps the real fat asses from getting any fater, well unless they don't like the Wii and just get a PS3 so they don't have to move as much....

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm getting a Wii soon. I have played the boxing and love it. It is a great cardio workout. I actually had to go home and take a shower after playing the boxing. It really makes for a fun workout. Exercise + video games is a good thing, plus it keeps the real fat asses from getting any fater, well unless they don't like the Wii and just get a PS3 so they don't have to move as much....
I like it because I can play video games without vegging on the couch, which makes it a lot more fun, IMO. Not to mention I can play 10 frames of bowling in about 10 minutes; that just kicks ass.

Boxing kinda got on my nerves as I got into it because it's hard to get good placement on your punches. I switched to tennis after yelling at my player for throwing punches going outside when I wanted inside, high when I wanted low, and eventually getting knocked out.

They definitely need more opponents/levels though . I'm sick of Sarah and Elisa.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
i actually like the tennis skill builder game thingys better than the actual tennis matches themselves. that could just be that i suck at matches though... :)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like it because I can play video games without vegging on the couch, which makes it a lot more fun, IMO. Not to mention I can play 10 frames of bowling in about 10 minutes; that just kicks ass.

Boxing kinda got on my nerves as I got into it because it's hard to get good placement on your punches. I switched to tennis after yelling at my player for throwing punches going outside when I wanted inside, high when I wanted low, and eventually getting knocked out.

They definitely need more opponents/levels though . I'm sick of Sarah and Elisa.
I've just played it a few times at other peoples houses. Love it though, can't wait to get my own. I did have trouble landing some punches and geting out of the way. Even with my hands up my character still got hit.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i actually like the tennis skill builder game thingys better than the actual tennis matches themselves. that could just be that i suck at matches though... :)
I think it's a strategy thing with the game. There's a few different plays you can set up in order to get the opponent to miss or hit the ball out of bounds.

Use your back guy to go corner to corner on his fronthand (my fronthand is the right, so I return it as far left as possible. This is a pretty easy shot to make, and with beginner/intermediate opponents, theres a good chance they won't be able to return it.).

When/if the other team returns, this will set up your front guy perfectly to "tap" it back over on his backhand towards the opposite corner of the court.

This will work about 70% of the time.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Man I used to be a wii tennis master, but now it just sits there :sad: Maybe one day I'll get into it again. However bowling was my fave! Pretty funny that I have a few decent games but still only played wii sports! On a side note, eXcite truck rules, tons of fun!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bowling is great. Bowling and Tennis are probably my two fave's.

I think what's so great about Wii Sports is that you can play a full game in a short period of time; whereas, other games are more of a project.

Like, I kinda hate Mario Party 8 because it's so time consuming. The gameplay is awesome, but it takes so long to play a short (10 round) game.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Bowling is great. Bowling and Tennis are probably my two fave's.

I think what's so great about Wii Sports is that you can play a full game in a short period of time; whereas, other games are more of a project.

Like, I kinda hate Mario Party 8 because it's so time consuming. The gameplay is awesome, but it takes so long to play a short (10 round) game.
Agreed with that. However I think Wii in general is a lil too active. I think that's a good thing for the lazy overweight folk out there but for the rest of us...Sometimes after a long day I just wanna kick back and play Wii but a lot of games require a bit of aggressiveness and I don't always feel like swinging the controller all over the place. Otherwise the Wii is great.

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
i enjoy bowling with actual people but i like the tennis exercises if i am playing by myself

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just found out, you can play all 4 players as yourself. It is really difficult to keep the ball in play.

billm311

billm311

Awards
  • Established
tennis is great! I need to get my ratings up on that though, but it is not my wii, so dont wanna creep into roommates room while he is not around.

powerbowling is fun. 91 pins on the last throw, the explosion is a thing of beauty

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
It's all about tennis and boxing. My lil brother shattered the screen of his 65" lcd playing bowling, slipped right outta his hand. Gotta love it.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Don't worry guys the fatties have figured out a way to make Wii Boxing and Tennis a non-workout. For boxing you can just sit there and flick your wrists, and same with tennis. Trust me, I played the boxing like everyone else and worked up a sweat until my lil brother's fat friend played me and just sat on the couch, flicking his wrists and whooped my a$$. Never underestimate the power of lazy.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
My stepdad just broke our fan/lights in the living room playing that d@mn wii tennis. I swear, you need insurance to own a wii, everybody breaks something while playing it.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just found out, you can play all 4 players as yourself. It is really difficult to keep the ball in play.
On a similar note...I have played twice. The second time I played on two player and had one controler in each hand...it was quite a close match, lol! My friends were surprised how long I could keep a volley going.