Republicans: Which candidate do you like most right now?

Who do you like the most in the GOP right now?

• Rudy Giuliani

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Fred Thompson

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • John Cox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mike Huckabee

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Alan Keyes

• John McCain

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Ron Paul

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Tom Timcredo

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Duncan Hunter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Just curious to see which republican candidate had the strongest following right now. I have been watching the debates closely because I love this country and I want the best for it. We are in a critical time and there are a lot of strong candidates across the board.

You don't have to specify in the thread but at least vote in the poll. I have to say I have really liked what Fred Thompson has had to say lately, I like him more and more every time I hear him on the issues. A very no BS type of candidate.

On the other hand I think Ron Paul is too utopian. He seems to feel that we can get rid of taxes, get rid of this, get rid of that and everyone will just leave us alone. Good on paper but I doubt it would ever work out like that. He actually seems very liberal for a republican.

*NOTE: VOTING IS PRIVATE AND YOUR VOTE WILL NOT BE SHOWN TO RESPECT EVERYONE'S PRIVACY.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I'm still up in the air on it, but I've ruled out Rudy. Not because of the bad press he's gotten lately about his "relationships", but because I see him as a RINO. I think he's far too liberal to be a republican.

Mitt Romney is pretty interesting. Unfortunately I don't think most conservatives will vote for him because he's a Mormon.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Just curious to see which republican candidate had the strongest following right now. I have been watching the debates closely because I love this country and I want the best for it. We are in a critical time and there are a lot of strong candidates across the board.

You don't have to specify in the thread but at least vote in the poll. I have to say I have really liked what Fred Thompson has had to say lately, I like him more and more every time I hear him on the issues. A very no BS type of candidate.

On the other hand I think Ron Paul is too utopian. He seems to feel that we can get rid of taxes, get rid of this, get rid of that and everyone will just leave us alone. Good on paper but I doubt it would ever work out like that. He actually seems very liberal for a republican.

*NOTE: VOTING IS PRIVATE AND YOUR VOTE WILL NOT BE SHOWN TO RESPECT EVERYONE'S PRIVACY.
I have to agree with your current synopsis for the most part. The only disagreement is that I think Ron Paul is more Libertarian than Liberal. He gets my vote if he actually gets on the ballot, but I think we're likely going to see Guilliani get the nomination though.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I like Mike Huckabee but I don't know if his surge will be too little and or too late. Thompson lacks executive experience, we elect governors and mayors not House and Senate lackeys. Some complain the Rudy and Mitt are too liberal based on their records as executive of either a major liberal state and city. I feel they both did a rather fine job for the situations they were in. You may have strong conservative values but being in leadership does require a certain amount of compromise dealing with the other side. Being a representative of the people requires taking all people into consideration not just your minority.

(I don't however think a Mormon is spiritually in touch with main stream America.)

I like McCain but not for CEO. Maybe a good Vice.

Ron Paul should never have signed to the GOP ticket. He is a libertarian and a nutty one at that.

Time has came and went for Tancredo and Hunter to withdraw. They should take the high road like Gilmore, T Thompson and Brownback.

Bottom line: Rudy, Mitt, Huckabee or McCain would be a better option than Hilary or Obama and certainly better than Con Edwards.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am a registered repub, but dont vote based on party lines. However, the only candidate in the field for the reps I like is Ron Paul. Too many other outstanding issues for the rest. Also, I am a native NYer and Ruy is not the right choice, trust me on this

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've only seen a few things with Ron Paul, but I've liked what I've seen from him. I guess I don't really follow politics as much as a lot of you other guys do.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
when i watched one of the republican debates or whatever i thought Rudy was a good choice. Im not so sure on alot of the other guys as ive only watched one show but i think i know who this Ron Paul guy is. Is he the one that believes we should leave iraq and let them have their country back? I have to google to see their faces again to better state my opinions.

Is this an on going show on CNN, i mean are they having these televised "debates" regularly?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i didnt like thompson based on what i saw reminds me of a say what the people want to hear kinda guy. didnt make to much sense to me.

besides the fact that rudy may be a homo id like to hear more on why people dont like him for pres.

ron paul....idk seems cool but im not so sure yet.

mitt seems like an alright guy but yeah i think the mormon thing isnt going to get him too far.

huckabee is a good candidate.

for the record i dont follow politics, never did really. I dont even vote but im getting into it as it is a big decision now that im older and seeing what this country has gone through these past years with Bush (esp his reenlistment) I want to form my opinions on these possible future presidents.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
when i watched one of the republican debates or whatever i thought Rudy was a good choice. Im not so sure on alot of the other guys as ive only watched one show but i think i know who this Ron Paul guy is. Is he the one that believes we should leave iraq and let them have their country back? I have to google to see their faces again to better state my opinions.

Is this an on going show on CNN, i mean are they having these televised "debates" regularly?
Yeah, Ron Paul is extremely big on getting the troops out right now. If fact when he did it in the debate the crowd boo'd. I mean I agree eventually they need to get back here so we can stop putting so much money in the war and fix the economy (after wars, historically economies rebound), but then again I won't accept defeat and I feel the news agencies are making the war sound worse then it is. My friends over there say we are making huge strides and we ARE winning.

There are regular debates, but they are few and far between, like once a month. And its like once every other month for each party.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for clearing that up. Your opinions on Rudy?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
thanks for clearing that up. Your opinions on Rudy?
I was actually all for Rudi when I read his policies in paper. I agreed with him on like 85% of the issues and that is important to me. But I just don't see him having a strong enough past to run a country. Being a mayor and being president are vastly different. Plus I saw him try to attack Mitt Romney at the debate and I thought it was a dirty tactic what he had said and it had no relevance to anything. He just seems to be trying far too hard and I get worried when I see candidates do that, reminds me of someone trying to say just what people want to hear. That is why I like Thompson and McCain, they ALWAYS tell it like it is. Or at least that is how I saw it, some people might have seen it different.

Ron Paul is just too Utopian. He thinks he can completely get rid of taxes all in all and he wants to immediately pull out of Iraq, etc. Go to his site, his views are not anything practical, they will never work. Hell communism looks great on paper, but it works horribly with more than 25 people in a community lol.

Thomspon said he would try to get rid of the IRS and he made a good point. He said people are more worried about getting audited by the IRS then they are getting attacked by terrorist or getting shot, which is pretty sad! I want anyone who is going to get rid of these phony government programs wasting money. One of the other candidates also mentioned a million dollar program that congress let go that paid for geneticists to map the mating habits of bears or something like that. We can't waste money in a time that the entire country is in debt.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I gotta say that Paul's idea of leaving now IMO is the right idea. It was a mistake in the beginning and the true sign of a leader is understanding past mistakes and doing your best to fix them outright.

We have so many domestic issues, that at the end of the day the trillion+ $'s that this was is going to cost could be used elsewhere and more appropriately

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I gotta say that Paul's idea of leaving now IMO is the right idea. It was a mistake in the beginning and the true sign of a leader is understanding past mistakes and doing your best to fix them outright.

We have so many domestic issues, that at the end of the day the trillion+ $'s that this was is going to cost could be used elsewhere and more appropriately
Completely agree on the money issue. The other candidates aren't advocating we stay permanently, neither is Bush. But they don't want to set a public date for removal because it causes huge issues. If the enemy knows when you are leaving they could plan attacks around it. I was in the military and there was another problem, which I forgot, with revealing a removal date but I can't remember it for the life of me.

But definitely we need to stop spending 1 million dollars per cruise missile (that is about what they cost) and so much on jet fuel and put it into the economy. Plus after a war the economy always bounces back big time.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm definitely backing Huckabee. He seems like the most honest guy, and I agree with him on the majority of the issues. He has a strong character, which I find to be very important in a president. I'm still unsure about his stance on online gambling which is a big part of my life.

Ron Paul is kind of a nut. I agree with him on a few things, but not nearly enough for me to back the guy. His stance on the war and national security is far too weak. "You can't do thaaaat..."

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Ya know I didn't know too much about Huckabee but read his entire web site and all of views of various issues right now and I must say I agree with him on pretty much everything. I will definitely back him in the future :). I like him better than Romney and Giuliani who I think are his only competition right now. Doubt Ron Paul will ever get the ball rolling, too extreme. But then again you never know!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Completely agree on the money issue. The other candidates aren't advocating we stay permanently, neither is Bush. But they don't want to set a public date for removal because it causes huge issues. If the enemy knows when you are leaving they could plan attacks around it. I was in the military and there was another problem, which I forgot, with revealing a removal date but I can't remember it for the life of me.

But definitely we need to stop spending 1 million dollars per cruise missile (that is about what they cost) and so much on jet fuel and put it into the economy. Plus after a war the economy always bounces back big time.
I dont disagree, however if the US leaves, lets spend that money on a definite need out of concern, domestic defense. That is where our fears should be. The bottom line is, we are going to be approaching the brink of a financial crisis in this country due to the over spending, a change needs to be made. The funniest thing is that as a repub, I find myself disliking almost all of them, and the 2 candidates I like the most are dems. If I had to vote right now, I would take Biden in a second, however he just doesnt have the support sadly.

Also, I dont disagree that usually the economy bounces back, but that will also be dependant on who the president will be. Additionally, there have been wars where we havent bounced back, so in essence we could be screwed

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
New poll results put Huckabee ahead of Rudy! :D
And he is doing it without much money. His vehicle entourage recently doubled from one vehicle to two. He does not have an extensive staff with policy & talking point writers and yet, here he is.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/

In Hulk

In Hulk

Awards
Ron Paul without a doubt. I've yet to see anything from him that could be spun as "nutty". Opposition to the Patriot Act and Iraq war, opposing tax hikes, favoring smaller government and fiscal conservatism is not nutty.

Unfortunately, Giuliani will get the ticket. And that guy is scum.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ron Paul is kind of a nut. I agree with him on a few things, but not nearly enough for me to back the guy. His stance on the war and national security is far too weak. "You can't do thaaaat..."

LOL how true. Watching Ron Paul debate national security with the other republicans is like watching a mother and child fight over candy at the supermarket. Paul is the little child of course. He cant rationalize his thoughts into productive arguments, all he can say is "You cant to thaaat! Thats not our job!" Paul is a delusional fool and its scary that so many people like him.

In Hulk

In Hulk

Awards
It's scary that so many people think the US is the world police or that bombing countries at will are viable solutions when it comes to disagreements with sovereign nations. Make no mistake, that type of thinking is insanity. It shows what kind of ignorance and stupidity permeates the United States when the most sensible GOP candidate is referred to as nutty and radical.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's scary that so many people think the US is the world police or that bombing countries at will are viable solutions when it comes to disagreements with sovereign nations. Make no mistake, that type of thinking is insanity. It shows what kind of ignorance and stupidity permeates the United States when the most sensible GOP candidate is referred to as nutty and radical.
Yes, how dare we remove a murderous dictator and shut down his rape rooms and let the Iraqi's choose their own leadership. How dare we attempt to plant a democracy in the middle east to spread freedom and hopefully put an end to the archaic and oppressive middle east regimes. How dare we support the troop surge when even the most anti American and delusional Dems in congress admit its working. How dare we not support running away from Iraq with our tails behind our legs and leave a gigantic power vaccuum that will be filled by Iranian militants and lead to genocide of tens if not hundreds of thousands of people.

You can debate wheather is was a mistake to go in or not, but there is no debate on what is the right thing to do now. Cutting and running like the delusional and insane Ron Paul would do is one of the most pathetic political stances possible. Ron Paul is a delusional idiot with the intellect of a 11 year old. 911 conspiracy freaks support this guy for christ sake.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, how dare we remove a murderous dictator and shut down his rape rooms and let the Iraqi's choose their own leadership. How dare we attempt to plant a democracy in the middle east to spread freedom and hopefully put an end to the archaic and oppressive middle east regimes. How dare we support the troop surge when even the most anti American and delusional Dems in congress admit its working. How dare we not support running away from Iraq with our tails behind our legs and leave a gigantic power vaccuum that will be filled by Iranian militants and lead to genocide of tens if not hundreds of thousands of people.

You can debate wheather is was a mistake to go in or not, but there is no debate on what is the right thing to do now. Cutting and running like the delusional and insane Ron Paul would do is one of the most pathetic political stances possible. Ron Paul is a delusional idiot with the intellect of a 11 year old. 911 conspiracy freaks support this guy for christ sake.

let me ask you, why remove Sadaam when the most pressing concern was AQ and OBL?

Additionally, you cannot plant a democracy, it needs to form on its own. Our founding fathers would be spinning in their graves with what this administration has done

also, just out of curiosity, why is it that the majority of the money that is causing the defecit to become larger and larger is being spent on a war that does not benefit this country, when there are domestic issues that could use even a fraction of that funding?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
This thread has gotten way off topic. Start a new thread to debate policy. This was a thread for Republicans to discuss the candidates, not the current administration or regurgitation from some left wing professor.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This thread has gotten way off topic. Start a new thread to debate policy. This was a thread for Republicans to discuss the candidates, not the current administration or regurgitation from some left wing professor.
I will agree that this has gotten off topic. However I think your analysis that this is a regurgitation is a little misguided. I AM a history teacher. However, this is not the place for debating the current issues, but more so the current candidates. As I said before as a registered republican I think that this is a very weak pool to chose from and will most likely lead to a dem in the White House.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
let me ask you, why remove Sadaam when the most pressing concern was AQ and OBL?

Additionally, you cannot plant a democracy, it needs to form on its own. Our founding fathers would be spinning in their graves with what this administration has done

also, just out of curiosity, why is it that the majority of the money that is causing the defecit to become larger and larger is being spent on a war that does not benefit this country, when there are domestic issues that could use even a fraction of that funding?
First of all, everyone agreed that Saddam was a threat. Even your buddy Joe Biden.

Our founding fathers would be spinning in their graves if they saw the indifference of western nations have towards radical Islam and brutally oppressive regimes all over the world. These regimes are a cancer to the human race.

And you cant plant democracy where a dictatorship once existed? Tell that to Germany or Japan. A plant cant grow on its own if a seed isn't planted. The middle east needed a seed of democracy to be planted and Iraq was a perfect place to start. And you honestly think winning this war will not be beneficial to the US? You obviously don't have the capacity to think more than 1 year in the future.

The amount of money being spent in Iraq concerns me too. A lot of mistakes have been made but the biggest mistake of all would be to cut an run.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I will agree that this has gotten off topic. However I think your analysis that this is a regurgitation is a little misguided. I AM a history teacher. However, this is not the place for debating the current issues, but more so the current candidates. As I said before as a registered republican I think that this is a very weak pool to chose from and will most likely lead to a dem in the White House.
You are not a republican if you support Ron Paul or Joe Biden. And why am I not surprised to see a left leaning teacher. I just hope you don't indoctrinate your young and weak minded students like most left leaning teachers do.

Ron Paul should not be in this thread since he is not a republican.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I wasn't trying to single you out. I was just generalizing, perhaps inappropriately. Apologies from me to you. :)

Now, back on topic!:whip:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First of all, everyone agreed that Saddam was a threat. Even your buddy Joe Biden.

Our founding fathers would be spinning in their graves if they saw the indifference of western nations have towards radical Islam and brutally oppressive regimes all over the world. These regimes are a cancer to the human race.

And you cant plant democracy where a dictatorship once existed? Tell that to Germany or Japan. A plant cant grow on its own if a seed isn't planted. The middle east needed a seed of democracy to be planted and Iraq was a perfect place to start. And you honestly think winning this war will not be beneficial to the US? You obviously don't have the capacity to think more than 1 year in the future.

The amount of money being spent in Iraq concerns me too. A lot of mistakes have been made but the biggest mistake of all would be to cut an run.

not everyone thought Iraq was a threat. Also, many have come out and stated their wrong doings in this mess, it would be nice to hear a repub do the same.

its interesting you chose not to answer the first part of my response.

I dont think we can sumise that cutting and running would be a mistake as much as staying their indefinately would be a larger and more costly one. We are financially regressing and the global view of "globocop" is getting worse by the moment.

In terms of the founding fathers, you are not too familiar with them evidently. Their major concern was not foreign nations at all, it was isolation and domestic tranquility and whatever possible to create that. Read Washington's farewell address

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wasn't trying to single you out. I was just generalizing, perhaps inappropriately. Apologies from me to you. :)

Now, back on topic!:whip:
no offense taken, trust me. I agree that the topic should remain on the current crop of candidates which leaves a lot to be desired

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are not a republican if you support Ron Paul or Joe Biden. And why am I not surprised to see a left leaning teacher. I just hope you don't indoctrinate your young and weak minded students like most left leaning teachers do.

Ron Paul should not be in this thread since he is not a republican.
wow, glad to see you know me and what Iam .

Its funny, go to Biden's website and you will see that many other repubs actually support him. However, I guess actually doing the research is not your idea of being informed.

A left leaning teacher? Too much:nono:

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
not everyone thought Iraq was a threat. Also, many have come out and stated their wrong doings in this mess, it would be nice to hear a repub do the same.

its interesting you chose not to answer the first part of my response.

I dont think we can sumise that cutting and running would be a mistake as much as staying their indefinately would be a larger and more costly one. We are financially regressing and the global view of "globocop" is getting worse by the moment.

In terms of the founding fathers, you are not too familiar with them evidently. Their major concern was not foreign nations at all, it was isolation and domestic tranquility and whatever possible to create that. Read Washington's farewell address
Maybe if you took your blinders off you would hear the many statements made by republicans admitting their wrong doings, INCLUDING BUSH.

And Like I said, EVERYONE SAID IRAQ WAS A THREAT. GET IT? Osama and Al Quaida were hiding in their caves in Pakistan, but nearly every Democrat and countless other nations agreed and said Saddam was a threat.

And what gives you the idea we will stay in Iraq indefinitely? What left wing blog have you been reading? Cheney said today we will be out for the right reason around 2009. The right reason will be Iraq will be self governing and be able to protect itself of course. This has been said all along, I dont know how you missed that one.

The founding fathers have no capacity to even begin to comprehend the globalized world we live in and when other nations begin to threaten our isolation and domestic tranquility they surely wouldn't stand for it.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Sorry Lake, I tried to stop em. :)

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So anyways to get back on topic. Ron Paul is not a Republican and thats not debatable. What REAL republican do you guys support? It seems most people like Fred. I like Fred a lot but it doesn't seem that he really wants to be President. Maybe thats because the way the media portrays him but time will tell.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Fred lacks executive experience. I'll take a former Governor or Mayor personally. I liked him in L&O though.

And just to clarify: the question was for Republicans to discuss which candidates they like. If you are a Republican that likes Ron or Biden, so be it. IMO

Besides, look at the poll results. Ron is getting the lions share so far here at AM and I respect this community enough to at least hear em out.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Fred lacks executive experience. I'll take a former Governor or Mayor personally. I liked him in L&O though.

And just to clarify: the question was for Republicans to discuss which candidates they like. If you are a Republican that likes Ron or Biden, so be it. IMO

Besides, look at the poll results. Ron is getting the lions share so far here at AM and I respect this community enough to at least hear em out.
Like I said, Ron Paul is not a republican. Thats not really debatable.

I have heard enough from Ron Paul and there is no defending a man that hangs out with 911 Conspiracy lunatics like Alex Jones. It honestly scares me to see how popular he is on the internet. Sure the other candidates suck but our country would be in better hands if Britney Spears were president than if Ron Paul was.

bluecollar

bluecollar

Awards
can someone please explain to me WHY Ron Paul is not a real republican and what are the views of REAL republicans

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
CNorris is right, Ron Paul is not a REAL Republican.

A REAL Republican, a statist, believes we should continue to accumulate ~$1.6 Billion dollars a day, that being ~$584 billion a year and ~$2.9 trillion by the end of the next president's term in additional federal deficit to secure other people's borders while leaving ours open to eventually merge the North American Continent into an militarized economic union.

That's not play money, that's a debt burden that will have to be serviced, assuming we still have a viable currency left to do so, think Amero and the NAU again.

I've crunched the numbers, Paul is right when he says that we could completley eliminate all federal income tax on individuals, if the federal budget was scaled back to the level of just 7 years ago, 2000.

Ron Paul is a Conservative, a relic of a time when Republican meant fiscal responsibility and legislative restraint.

Paul is for a strong national defense, not the offense that is killing us financially and poisoning our relations with most of the rest of the world's citizens.

I'm not even going to go into the aspects of ever increasing citizen supervision that both of the REAL parties are administrating.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
All of these candidates have rehearsed their lines before the debates and speak the same old **** everytime you see them. Their **** stinks.

The ONLY person whom makes any sense and understands this country is RON PAUL. WHO??? Ron Paul.

**** Iraq. We should leave that ****hole as soon as possible. I know a guy that just got back from Iraq a couple months ago. He said he was in the third worst city, and they just basically hung around there and shot at whomever shot at them. Didn't know who the hell the enemy was, they just bloew away whomever attacked them. Seems like a really successful war :rolleyes:

The only problem with Ron Paul is the Congress isn't going to approve a lot of his ideas (the Democratically-controlled Congress is as worthless as the Bush Admin. right now). People are brainwashed and aren't willing to do the research into different issues, so they are just going to go by whatever CNN or Faux News tells them.

What many of you don't realize, from a fiscal point of view, is that staying in Iraq is just going to cost us more billions of dollars (estimates put the total cost around $3 TRILLION by 2013 or so) if we stay in that ****hole. It's going to hurt us in the long run big time in terms of taxes, because this money isn't just coming out of thin air (unless you're a part of the Federal Reserve, they print that **** like crazy, no wonder the goddamn dollar is dropping, it's below the Canadian dollar for Christ's sake).

So if these piece of **** Republican candidates keep pushing for Iraq and trying to pimp Iran like it's the next whore that needs to be plowed, I'll have no choice but to vote Democrat. Whatever tax raises the Democrats put in place is much better than the billions that will be wasted on another worthless war.

By the way, Iran suspended their nuclear program as early as 2005 according to new evidence. But Mr. Bushy still thinks they are a huge threat.

Let me ask you guys this. Russia had hundreds of nukes pointed right at the U.S., and we seemed to come out okay in that situation. WTF is Iran going to do if they have a couple nukes? Bush Admin. is up to his fear-mongering and scare tactics, making everyone think Iran will blow up the U.S. or Israel (why we blindly support them is such bull****). Iran would have to be the dumbest mother****ers on this planet if they think they would not get blown to pieces if they even attempted to launch a nuke against the U.S.

AM07

Awards
  • Established

Don't give that holier than thou bull****. How about the current state of affairs in Darfur? Why isn't anything being done there, considering over 700,000 people have been murdered? Do you support going in there with guns blazing? Oh wait, that's right, the ME is so important due to OIL.

It's not our right to dictate other countries how to rule. If the people truly wanted a different government, they would uprise and create one. And it can be done in these other countries because their militaries are small, unlike the U.S. Reagan said it best, Middle Eastern politics is very irrational. You also fail to realize that their governments are very religion-centered. How can you change the government when every single in the person in the country is very much involved in a single religion? That's also a BIG difference between the U.S. and the ME.

You can't save the whole world. As bad as that may sound, not everyone is fortunate enough to be born in the U.S.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I think oil is pretty important personally.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
And what gives you the idea we will stay in Iraq indefinitely? What left wing blog have you been reading? Cheney said today we will be out for the right reason around 2009. The right reason will be Iraq will be self governing and be able to protect itself of course. This has been said all along, I dont know how you missed that one.
You think Iraq will be self-governing and the people will be self-sufficient by 2009???? HA, you must be delusional as hell. The reason Cheney said we'll be out by 2009 is because hopefully a SANE president will step into office and pull us out of that goddamn region.

And if you think the U.S. is going to completely leave Iraq, you are VERY misguided. Once we enter a country, we never fully leave. Is that why new military bases are being built in Iraq as we speak? They have already established permanent military bases there, and building more.

You sound like Hannity, a complete Bushbot. Hannity and people like him are ones that agree with everything Bush has to say. They still support this piece of ****, losing war. But, if Bush were to tell the world tomorrow that we are pulling everyone out of Iraq by Monday, Hannity and his followers would be praising Bush, saying how great of a person he is and how he thought real long and hard about this, and it was a tough decision, but the right decision, to make.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
I think oil is pretty important personally.
I think so too, which is why nothing is ever done about Saudi Arabia, and everything is done about Iran, even though the Saudis fund terrorism, and there is direct evidence of this, but our government ignores it.

Remember the outrage around the world a few weeks ago about the Saudi lady who was gangraped and then was sentenced to 200 lashes? Bush was asked about this at the news conference yesterday morning (mainly talked about Iran's suspended nuclear program), and all he said was if it was his daughter, he would be very upset and angry, and then moved onto the next question. He didn't make one single reference to Saudi Arabia and made sure to skirt around the question. Didn't even attempt to say one bad thing about their government.

And people think a democracy can be formed in the ME after hearing about events like this :rolleyes:

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Why does everyone have to act so holier than thou and ad hominem when discussing politics? I have what I believe to be well thought through and reasoned beliefs but I don't think someone who has a different view is an idiot. We all have different beliefs, fine, but can we act like intelligent adults? Just sayin.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
I don't think someone with a differing viewpoint from me is an idiot. They're just misguided and haven't yet seen the light :)

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
All of these candidates have rehearsed their lines before the debates and speak the same old **** everytime you see them. Their **** stinks.

The ONLY person whom makes any sense and understands this country is RON PAUL. WHO??? Ron Paul.

**** Iraq. We should leave that ****hole as soon as possible. I know a guy that just got back from Iraq a couple months ago. He said he was in the third worst city, and they just basically hung around there and shot at whomever shot at them. Didn't know who the hell the enemy was, they just bloew away whomever attacked them. Seems like a really successful war :rolleyes:

The only problem with Ron Paul is the Congress isn't going to approve a lot of his ideas (the Democratically-controlled Congress is as worthless as the Bush Admin. right now). People are brainwashed and aren't willing to do the research into different issues, so they are just going to go by whatever CNN or Faux News tells them.

What many of you don't realize, from a fiscal point of view, is that staying in Iraq is just going to cost us more billions of dollars (estimates put the total cost around $3 TRILLION by 2013 or so) if we stay in that ****hole. It's going to hurt us in the long run big time in terms of taxes, because this money isn't just coming out of thin air (unless you're a part of the Federal Reserve, they print that **** like crazy, no wonder the goddamn dollar is dropping, it's below the Canadian dollar for Christ's sake).

So if these piece of **** Republican candidates keep pushing for Iraq and trying to pimp Iran like it's the next whore that needs to be plowed, I'll have no choice but to vote Democrat. Whatever tax raises the Democrats put in place is much better than the billions that will be wasted on another worthless war.

By the way, Iran suspended their nuclear program as early as 2005 according to new evidence. But Mr. Bushy still thinks they are a huge threat.

Let me ask you guys this. Russia had hundreds of nukes pointed right at the U.S., and we seemed to come out okay in that situation. WTF is Iran going to do if they have a couple nukes? Bush Admin. is up to his fear-mongering and scare tactics, making everyone think Iran will blow up the U.S. or Israel (why we blindly support them is such bull****). Iran would have to be the dumbest mother****ers on this planet if they think they would not get blown to pieces if they even attempted to launch a nuke against the U.S.
Please take your anti-psychotic meds and see me in the morning. Seriously, you are absolutely insane. There is no arguing with you. I am not trying to insult you, but you have serious fvcking issues lol. Please have a vasectomy before you have a chance to corrupt the gene pool even more than your parents did on the night you were conceived.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't think someone with a differing viewpoint from me is an idiot. They're just misguided and haven't yet seen the light :)
Let me guess, you are a 911 conspiracy freak. If so, that explains it all.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Please take your anti-psychotic meds and see me in the morning. Seriously, you are absolutely insane. There is no arguing with you. I am not trying to insult you, but you have serious fvcking issues lol. Please have a vasectomy before you have a chance to corrupt the gene pool even more than your parents did on the night you were conceived.

:lol:

Okay, whatever you say ninja master Chuck Norris. I expect an actual response in the morning rather than some typical liberal attack (that's what bleeding hearts tend to do, just say the other side is crazy and write them off), even though I know you're not a bleeding heart.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Let me guess, you are a 911 conspiracy freak. If so, that explains it all.
Nope, not at all. I know for a fact 9/11 was committed by 17 people of Saudi Arabian descent, yet we think Iraq is the place to attack? Makes a lot of sense to me :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.