The Mist by Stephen King

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone seen this movie yet ? I completely missed the release date Nov 21. I'm a Stephen King fan so I probably will go out and watch this later on tonight.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
looks like something that has cheesy and a bunch of idiots written all over it.

tell us how it is.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Christine and I went to see this. It is decent, and seems to get better as it nears the end.

There were several weak points, and honestly the main characters were all kind of retarded (judging by some of their actions and dialogue), but the ending made it all worth seeing.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Christine and I went to see this. It is decent, and seems to get better as it nears the end.

There were several weak points, and honestly the main characters were all kind of retarded (judging by some of their actions and dialogue), but the ending made it all worth seeing.
Defenitely, we went and seen this thanksgiving eve and the ending blew my mind.

As a whole I think it's one of the best Stephen King adaptations, right up there with "IT". I actually came out of the theater thinking this movie was much better then what I was expecting(ala The Fog).

The whole theater actually appauled after a certain scene pertaining to the religious zealot... that doesn't happen much in a small town theater. If you like some gore and weirdness then go see it.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I remember when I first watched 'IT'. That was a very interesting movie that I enjoyed. It was also very long. I'm looking forward to seeing this movie.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I have hated all movie/made for TV movie adaptations of his books(barring The Shining. I know he said that he thought 'It' was a great adaptation to screen, It didn't do it for me like the book did (freaked me out) The books are always way better.

I'll probably see it once the rips start hitting torrent sites.

X

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Personally, I have hated all movie/made for TV movie adaptations of his books(barring The Shining. I know he said that he thought 'It' was a great adaptation to screen, It didn't do it for me like the book did (freaked me out) The books are always way better.

X
Fushing Fief!!!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do not wish to muddle my love for the short story. So I imagine I will not attend.

Satan loves you Reaper.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established

X
IT still is one of the most memorable books I've ever read. Hated the 'movie'. My imagination was all I needed, and I managed to finish the book in about a week and a half.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This short story may be somewhat more adept to film adaptation. Long novels are often unsuited for adaptation because of the necessitation for in-depth character development to create empathy, pathos, and general emotional investment in the character (this doesn't make you gay, and when reading a book you are doing this whether you consciously recognize it or not). Short stories, novellas and graphic novels are much more suited to adaptation (see Sin City, 300, 30 Days of Night, etc.,)

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah I remember when I first watched 'IT'. That was a very interesting movie that I enjoyed. It was also very long. I'm looking forward to seeing this movie.
Suprisingly(for a short story adaptation) this movie bust the two hour mark.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Suprisingly(for a short story adaptation) this movie bust the two hour mark.
There were definitely some draggy parts. They should have trimmed it to 1:45.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I ended up not watching the movie. Last night before I left for work, I just looked up the ending on the internet.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I ended up not watching the movie. Last night before I left for work, I just looked up the ending on the internet.
Cheater.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I usually never do this, but I wasn't too keen on spending money on this particular movie.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 7
Ripped_warrior Anabolics 5
cristiano88 Supplements 15
f4iguy Training Forum 41
Anabolics 8