- 11-24-2007, 08:54 PM
The purpose of this post is to outline some common mistakes in Olympic Weight lifting.
Mistake #1: Incorrect Positioning.
When setting up for the clean or the snatch, be sure to stand facing the bar.
Many people start out by standing with the bar on their side. The result is usually caught quickly as their clean looks like this:
Others stand facing away from the bar. This is also spotted easily as seen in this picture:
Mistake #2: Gripping the bar incorrectly
Most lifters prefer to use the hook grip. This allows the forearms to relax and more weight to be cleaned or snatched.
Many beginners attempt to grip the bar with their mind (invisible grip). The result usually looks like this:
Only few elite athletes have been able to hold the bar solely with their will power:
Mistake #3: Leaving the floor without the bar.
Don't let this be you:
- 11-26-2007, 03:05 AM
11-26-2007, 09:20 AM
I get all my stuff from Columbia and I'm not writing stuff like this, so I'm not sure what's the problem ?
11-26-2007, 10:12 AM
11-26-2007, 10:18 AM
damn OLer's and backflips.
Athletic Xtreme Rep
Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
Similar Forum Threads
- By YellowJacket in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 12-24-2003, 08:52 PM
- By Inzah Dude in forum General ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 01-21-2003, 11:51 AM
- By Biggs in forum General ChatReplies: 3Last Post: 01-14-2003, 12:23 AM
- By sage in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 01-13-2003, 12:35 PM
- By BigBenn in forum General ChatReplies: 2Last Post: 11-03-2002, 01:19 AM