Black Friday Shopping - Anyone

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

Anyone going to get anything in the Black Friday early morning sales? I need a new laptop & Computer and anything else I can get, just wondered if you guys had any tips etc for avoiding the crowds etc...etc..

Wish NP had a black friday sale:p *hint**hint*

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Down some ephedra and get out REALLY early! I was going to but it looks like I'll be buying a new car instead, so no money for black friday.

tattoopierced1

I think I'd rather have someone kick me in the balls than go out on Black Friday.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
not enough money in the world to make me shop on black friday...uugghhh

bluecollar

bluecollar

Awards
Black friday nov. 23 is buy nothing day for me...nothing!!!

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
went out last year. 3 places. bought 3 things. took 6 hours. im a patient person and like to people watch so i find it entertaining. I went to one store just to walk around. Society is ridiculous and i enjoy it...:toofunny:

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Nope. I'm going to be spending it with my girl and eating latkis.

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
Guess I'll be braving it alone then. Remind me not to get you guys anything.....not that I was planing to or anything:p

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
My gf gets to spend most of the day dealin' with black friday.. she works at a clothing store currently.. I have no sympathy for her. Anyway, I've never gone shoppin' on black fri.. It really that bad?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i want to go just to check it out. Cant say i remember shopping on black friday either......im a last minute kinda guy.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
i wish i knew what black friday was..........

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
There are some sick prices going on especially for electronics but I have to much freakin dignity to go around acting for a animal for some **** that will be obsolete in 6 months. I mean every year there seem to be reports of fights breaking out or someone being trampled just to save a couple bucks. I mean are you fvcking serious.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I'm like you Mashed. I'm gonna buy a new computer.

If you are low on cash buying things dirt cheap then re-selling them is the way to go.

I remember back when that PS3 came out I got 4 of them and sold each one for $1,300.00, $1,250.00, $1,500.00, $1,400.00............I'm not exactly sure what the rational in people's head's are with this, but it sure is profitable.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
check www.bfads.net they have a good listing of whats out
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to EasyEJL again.

thanks for that link!

Im making my list of stuff from those stores listed...ill probably drink all night thursday, keep drinking until 5am then rage thru the stores like a madman. I think Sears is first on my hitlist, i need to get more tools. Im real curious how busy it gets in the stores....hopefully i dont have to fight someone for the last _________.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I'd rather fight Mike Tyson then shop on Black Friday.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The only time I'll go out on Black Friday is when I know exactly what I want. I don't just go out that day to shop for the fun of it.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
The only time I'll go out on Black Friday is when I know exactly what I want. I don't just go out that day to shop for the fun of it.

I think shopping for the fun of it is an oxymoron. Shopping is ok for the first 30 minutes or so, but any longer and I get cranky. Thank God for the internet.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
The one real entire day Black Friday experience I had as a regular person was in Nashville about '01 or '02. My family and a cousin went to the Opry Mills mall there - just for the hell of it.
And we were in town visiting with my aunt - who was working at the hotel she manages. So we really had nothing to do.

Good Lord - I'll never forget the traffic in and out of that place. It was like going to a college football game.

And just people everywhere. That mall has like 200 stores - it was unbelievable how many people were there.
I wanted a new pair of shoes at the Nike outlet - the place was cleaned out by mid-day.

I did work 3 Black Friday's in high school at a Chick-fil-A (in a mall). I remember 2 of them being mobbed but one was a dud (around lunch time). The owner sent a bunch of people home (not me) and we got mobbed at like 4pm, which was usually not really busy. We had a wait for food of over 15 mins.
Yeah - people were real happy.

I've experienced enough of Black Friday - I'm pretty much just going to the gym today.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I buy everything on the internet, or I send the wife out. She actually drove to her fathers in NY to go shopping. Why be around all the crowds, its kinda silly

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
theres a big ass outlet mall about 40 miles from where i live. they had to shut down 2 exits near it because the traffic was backed up so bad. i also heard rumors of 'fist fights' happening at the mall.

all for a few extra bucks.

taken from bostonherald.com

"Most of the 170 stores in the mall opened their doors at midnight and motorists trying to reach the outlets reportedly created a four-hour traffic jam on Routes 1A and 495.

When they finally arrived, many shoppers found the parking lot full and had to leave their cars on the grass, creating further chaos."

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There were a ton of people camped out with full size tents in front of a Best Buy here since the night BEFORE Thanksgiving.

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
i new it would be a bad idea for driving today when @ 11pm last night the traffic went from the shopping center here down and out about 3 miles down the highway... and its been like that all day.. pretty sick..

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope you guys had a great day shopping on your Black Friday. We have no such thing here in Germany.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Hope you guys had a great day shopping on your Black Friday. We have no such thing here in Germany.
I didn't even know about this until I saw this thread. Due to the High Canadian dollars I heard there was buses full of people going across the border to shop. I can barely stand X-Mas time and the amount of people around. I got my shopping done a month ago.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
well i picked up a really nice cordless drill with bag and all kinds of extras for $40. Cant beat that.

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
well i picked up a really nice cordless drill with bag and all kinds of extras for $40. Cant beat that.
i got a epson printer/scanner for $25 (normally $89)
Some half price dvds, a laptop, and some other things i wont mention:p

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Bowflex dial-in free weights + stand. Great price. Plus a couple other things like a new bar and bells... def worth every early morning moment! Oh, and I saw two old broads go psycho at eachother over some rocking videogame chair in Target.