My Doctors Visit

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well today I went back to my Doc for a follow up. High blood pressure is in my family, although I didn't think mine was that high. I have gained some fat, water, and muscle lately. Anyway my pressure was 158/90. Doc prescribed me Hydroclorot 25MG once a day. I googled it and it is a diuretic?. I am taking a few pre-workout supps and wondering if I should stop, especially since they are "creatine related". Here is a list,

Phosphagen Elite
Vasocharge
Fast Twitch

To me it doesn't make much sense to take a diruetic and creatine, although I don't know much about diuretics.....I do know creatine pulls water into the muscle cell, so without enough water it will not have any effect. Anyone elese who takes this or knows anything about this presription, please give input.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Is Hydrochlorot the same thing as Hydrochlorothiazide?

If so, I found this on MedlinePlus.gov:

"Use of creatine with diuretics such as hydrochlorothiazide or furosemide (Lasix®) should be avoided because of the risks of dehydration and electrolyte disturbances."

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

"Use of creatine with diuretics such as hydrochlorothiazide or furosemide (Lasix®) should be avoided because of the risks of dehydration and electrolyte disturbances."
I have no idea, but that really sucks. I just placed a new order for some EAS Phosphagen. Maybe I'll call the doctor and say I refuse to take it.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I have no idea, but that really sucks. I just placed a new order for some EAS Phosphagen. Maybe I'll call the doctor and say I refuse to take it.
I'd say you're priorities need tweaked. You'd rather not take a drug that is obviously needed for your condition just so you won't waste the 20 bucks you spent on the creatine? You can live w/o creatine, you cannot live w/ high BP however, take the advice for what it's worth...

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna have to agree, unless you can get your blood pressure down without the drugs, which would be the best option.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd say you're priorities need tweaked. You'd rather not take a drug that is obviously needed for your condition just so you won't waste the 20 bucks you spent on the creatine? You can live w/o creatine, you cannot live w/ high BP however, take the advice for what it's worth...

Thats not the only reason. I have problems as it is pissing too much, even when I don't get all my water in for the day. I also have irritable bowel syndrome, which causes diarhea and constipation alternations....So I am afraid if I take this medication I will end up in the ER dehydrated. I do my cardio 1 hour a day to keep my bp under control as it is. You see I really don't know at this point, but I have a clue and I don't think adding a diuretic at this point will help my cause.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
As I'm sure you know, your diet is a major component with hypertension as well. Adding fruits and vegetables and restricting added sodium may be helpful. You might want to read about the DASH diet.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As I'm sure you know, your diet is a major component with hypertension as well. Adding fruits and vegetables and restricting added sodium may be helpful. You might want to read about the DASH diet.
Yes, I have been trying to stay away from sodium. Fruits and vegetables is something I definitely need to eat more of. I think I can control it with diet at this point, and maybe the medication really isn't necessary at this point.

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
T-Bone, have you ever kept track of your blood pressure at home. My blood pressure while im relaxed and doing my normal daily buisness is always around 120-60. When i go to the doctor it goes through the roof.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
T-Bone, have you ever kept track of your blood pressure at home. My blood pressure while im relaxed and doing my normal daily buisness is always around 120-60. When i go to the doctor it goes through the roof.

I check it once in a while at Rite Aid, but those machines are always off, not even really worth the time. I was pretty nervous about it, because I had been thinking about it....Plus I just don't like going to the doctor.

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
I bought a portable blood pressure device. They are usually prescribed to people borderline stroke to help them monitor blood pressure. You would be amazed how different your readings will be when your relaxed and not about to have an anxiety attack thinking about it.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I bought a portable blood pressure device. They are usually prescribed to people borderline stroke to help them monitor blood pressure. You would be amazed how different your readings will be when your relaxed and not about to have an anxiety attack thinking about it.
That is another reason why I don't really think medication is needed. I told my Parents who are both in their late 60's that my docotor prescibed it to me. They asked what my pressure was and said that it didn't sound too high....They have been on blood pressure medicine for years. They also say I should take it first and see how I react. I don't agree though. If you haven't noticed I am a very STUBORN person. Can't help it, it is just how I am.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Otherwise I am in good health. I feel good. My weight is up, some fat gain, some water, some muscle. My strength is great, and I'm just very happy. Also libido has not been this high in a while. Oh yeah, also I am "on". So when I go off I will definitely lose some water weight anyway, and bp will go down.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just to throw in my .02 cents. Uncontrolled hypertension will set you up for many medical issues down the line. While right now you may think this is no big deal in time you will see the long term effects of poor management. Uncontrolled hypertension is a major risk factor for heart disease, stroke, and kidney failure......which are the more serious of many other issues that can also result. Take care of yourself now and deal with this early to help prevent major issues down the line....

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
I have this problem as well its known as "white coat hypertension". Also if your arms are over a certain size you need to request a adult size large arm cuff. Using a cuff too small can make the BP go up by 20 points or more.

Check out this thread I started on this. There is a link to a PDF file that talks about "miscuffing"

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/general-chat/70649-please-help-blood.html

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Otherwise I am in good health. I feel good. My weight is up, some fat gain, some water, some muscle. My strength is great, and I'm just very happy. Also libido has not been this high in a while. Oh yeah, also I am "on". So when I go off I will definitely lose some water weight anyway, and bp will go down.
158/90 IMO is definitely high. You are 'ON' so I would not be taking the creatine, save it for Post Cycle. Also the fat gain, and water gain is probably making the BP worse but still doesn't mean it isn't doing you damage.

I would strongly urge you to get the BP under control NOW rather than later.

Also I have heard and read that the drug store BP machines actually are fairly accurate.

CROWLER

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I have this problem as well its known as "white coat hypertension". Also if your arms are over a certain size you need to request a adult size large arm cuff. Using a cuff too small can make the BP go up by 20 points or more.

Check out this thread I started on this. There is a link to a PDF file that talks about "miscuffing"

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/general-chat/70649-please-help-blood.html
I'm in this boat too.. Last doctor visit read like 180/90-something... Got a bigger cuff and it dropped like 40 points, still high, but I did have to ride my bike across campus not too long before.

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
I'm in this boat too.. Last doctor visit read like 180/90-something... Got a bigger cuff and it dropped like 40 points, still high, but I did have to ride my bike across campus not too long before.
That was my problem for the longest time the nurse would use the wrong cuff size. My readings were very very high. The doctor came in and asked what cuff she used and he told her she needed the bigger one. When i got the right fit it was lower by 30-40 points. I still get stressed out right before i get my reading though.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
158/90 IMO is definitely high. You are 'ON' so I would not be taking the creatine, save it for Post Cycle. Also the fat gain, and water gain is probably making the BP worse but still doesn't mean it isn't doing you damage.

Also I have heard and read that the drug store BP machines actually are fairly accurate.

CROWLER

Thats all I needed to hear. I'll stop the creatine and take my BP medicine. I hope it doesn't interfere with or cause problems with my 1t/4ad cycle. Also I'm concerned about my pct with Torem and Post Cycle Support. Maybe I will just use Post Cycle Support.....Believe it or not, I would rather be safe than sorry. I just don't always trust the doctor. For some reason I trust Crowler, even though I don't even know him. I already took my creatine today though, so I am gonna start my Hydrocholrot tommorow.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Well I am not so sure on this now that I have decided to go ahead and take the drug. I called the doctors and voiced my concerns. They called me back and said that the doctor really wants me to take it and that it is extremely mild and a very low dose. So if I take this does it mean I have to completely give up on creatine?. Its too bad because I did finally find a product that works pretty good for me....If I replace enough fluids and electrolytes wouldn't it be possible to still use my EAS Phosphagen?. I would call back and ask the doctor, but I think all medical professionals have a dim view of any supplements.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm really not sure. Does this creatine really work well enough to chance it?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
T-Bone,

158/90 is pretty high, even considering white coat syndrome - something I have for sure...unless I really try to relax my BP is always 10pts higher at the doc's office.

Are you doing cardio? A few weeks of moderate intensity cardio @ 20min/day can really make a difference. Also look into TwinLab Blood Pressure Control, Hawthorn Berry, and Celery Seed extract. Very effective natural supps that seem to work very well.

High BP is no joke, but you can make lifestyle changes that can bring it under control without the use of prescription medication, in some cases.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

CROWLER

Thats all I needed to hear. I'll stop the creatine and take my BP medicine. I hope it doesn't interfere with or cause problems with my 1t/4ad cycle. Also I'm concerned about my post cycle therapy with Torem and Post Cycle Support. Maybe I will just use Post Cycle Support.....Believe it or not, I would rather be safe than sorry. I just don't always trust the doctor. For some reason I trust Crowler, even though I don't even know him. I already took my creatine today though, so I am gonna start my Hydrocholrot tommorow.
Let me see if I understand this. You have a history of high blood pressure in the family. You are on a cycle. You have very elevated BP. Your doctor doesn't know you are on a cycle. You doctor gives you a script for HBP medication. You are taking creatine. You are worried that the medication will interfere or be counter indicative with creatine consumption. Your conclusion is that you drop the creatine so you can take the BP medication. You are staying on the cycle. Am I getting all of this right?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let me see if I understand this. You have a history of high blood pressure in the family. You are on a cycle. You have very elevated BP. Your doctor doesn't know you are on a cycle. You doctor gives you a script for HBP medication. You are taking creatine. You are worried that the medication will interfere or be counter indicative with creatine consumption. Your conclusion is that you drop the creatine so you can take the BP medication. You are staying on the cycle. Am I getting all of this right?

Pretty much thats it. I'm just wondering if I can ever go back on the creatine or if it is really necessary to stop taking it. I'll take some constuctive critism. Go ahead....let me have it.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
T-Bone,

158/90 is pretty high, even considering white coat syndrome - something I have for sure...unless I really try to relax my BP is always 10pts higher at the doc's office.

Are you doing cardio? A few weeks of moderate intensity cardio @ 20min/day can really make a difference. Also look into TwinLab Blood Pressure Control, Hawthorn Berry, and Celery Seed extract. Very effective natural supps that seem to work very well.

High BP is no joke, but you can make lifestyle changes that can bring it under control without the use of prescription medication, in some cases.

Yes I do cardio for 1 hour a day 6 times a week.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pretty much thats it. I'm just wondering if I can ever go back on the creatine or if it is really necessary to stop taking it. I'll take some constuctive critism. Go ahead....let me have it.
Hypertension is a serious health issue. I recommend you consider your long term health. What is your height and bodyweight and estimated bf%. Steroid induced hypertension can be permanent. Not to mention if it is pre-existent it can further complicate matters and your health. You are not a kid anymore and need to consider your mortality and longevity.

Do you have off cycle BP stats?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hypertension is a serious health issue. I recommend you consider your long term health. What is your height and bodyweight and estimated bf%. Steroid induced hypertension can be permanent. Not to mention if it is pre-existent it can further complicate matters and your health. You are not a kid anymore and need to consider your mortality and longevity.

Do you have off cycle BP stats?

I am 5'10 242 pounds. Guessing around 25% bodyfat since gaining weight and going off my carb cycling diet. Off cycle my BP was around 144/80. That is the best I can remember from what the doctor told me, so it did rise a little much....I do want to continue the cycle, but maybe lower calories somewhat

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am 5'10 242 pounds. Guessing around 25% bodyfat since gaining weight and going off my carb cycling diet. Off cycle my BP was around 144/80. That is the best I can remember from what the doctor told me, so it did rise a little much....I do want to continue the cycle, but maybe lower calories somewhat
You do realize that at y(our) age that is not an ideal body composition and does put you are risk for health issues. especially heart disease. Regardless of how 'big' and muscular we think we look we could and should drop that weight a considerable amount. Unless you have 20" arms and a 54" chest then there is serious room and need for improvement in your condition...longevity speaking. 144/80 is near borderline hypertensive. At that number the little rise puts you at a considerable risk. What is your RHR?

What is your cycle intended to do? I hope you are not going to say bulking.

Personally I would drop all water retaining/retention supplements. I don't know how much 4AD you are taking but it dose aromatize at a good rate. I would drop my food consumption and be sure to keep sodium to as little as possible. Drink lots of water. Do cardio on the treadmill at 60% your MHR (110bpm) for 30-40 mins 4-5days a week and see how things work out.

I have personally seen celery seed extract work very well during a period of excessive stress and a very mild BP elevation. This is not the answer but it is a way to at least get things under control. Continued supplementation to reduce the symptoms of hypertension does not eliminate the need to resolve the underlying cause.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
You do realize that at y(our) age that is not an ideal body composition and does put you are risk for health issues. especially heart disease. Regardless of how 'big' and muscular we think we look we could and should drop that weight a considerable amount. Unless you have 20" arms and a 54" chest then there is serious room and need for improvement in your condition...longevity speaking. 144/80 is near borderline hypertensive. At that number the little rise puts you at a considerable risk. What is your RHR?

Personally I would drop all water retaining/retention supplements. I don't know how much 4AD you are taking but it dose aromatize at a good rate. I would drop my food consumption and be sure to keep sodium to as little as possible. Drink lots of water. Do cardio on the treadmill at 60% your MHR (110bpm) for 30-40 mins 4-5days a week and see how things work out.

I have personally seen celery seed extract work very well during a period of excessive stress and a very mild BP elevation. This is not the answer but it is a way to at least get things under control. Continued supplementation to reduce the symptoms of hypertension does not eliminate the need to resolve the underlying cause.

Excellent advice. B- I LITERALLY learn something new from you every week bud, lol.

My BP always gets higher than normal while on. 5 yrs ago when I ran my first cycle I invested in my own BP guage, and learned how to take it myself... high BP always scared me.

And like B said, AAS can actually make one have HBP permanently. For myself, after a moderate cycle (say 12-14weeks) it usually takes my body 2-3 more months to get my BP down into the normal range... during that time, I use hawthorn berry, coQ10 (like BV said) and a baby aspirin EOD-E3D to keep it under control.

Creatines like Sans V12, etc. also make my BP higher when on nothing else... so def scratch it gone bro, at least until your body reaches homeostasis again to see where you lie in terms your natty levels.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I was trying to gain muscle and actually eating to gain for the first time ever. I have never actually eaten to gain because I gain fat too easily. I just decided to try it once and see how things went. I am gaining strength but too much fat. I agree about the serious need for improvement. I was just sick of dieting and made too rapid a change. I will drop my calories down a bit....4AD is at 600mg a day. I could always go back to my Metabolic Diet which I had been doing for years....Much better weight/fat control and loss. It was the switch off this diet that really made me put on the pounds. As for my resting heart rate, I don't know, but I know the doctor made a comment that it was high the appointment before this last one. So the plan is to start cutting calories now. I will start out by cutting 500 a day, and then check week by week. I will cut the creatine out also.

Thanks for your help B5150. I should be able work this out.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
If you have a Flex Spending Account with your insurance, these are an eligible purchase if you need to 'use it before you lose it'...

X

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Great post by B5150 - without a doubt your heart is THE most important muscle you have. And T-Bone bro Im sure you are aware of this but 25%BF is really too high, I know its tough to cross that mental barrier of losing size and strength when you cut naturally - but it will be so worth it and you'll feel SO much healthier.

When I last cycled Itest/4AD/OHT I bloated up like a balloon and my BP hit 160/90. (hypertension is genetic with me as well) I started C12 Peptide and it dropped to 128/75 in 5 days...that stuff is legit.

BV

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great post by B5150 - without a doubt your heart is THE most important muscle you have. And T-Bone bro Im sure you are aware of this but 25%BF is really too high, I know its tough to cross that mental barrier of losing size and strength when you cut naturally - but it will be so worth it and you'll feel SO much healthier.

When I last cycled Itest/4AD/OHT I bloated up like a balloon and my BP hit 160/90. (hypertension is genetic with me as well) I started C12 Peptide and it dropped to 128/75 in 5 days...that stuff is legit.

BV
You guys have me really worried now. I think I may start adding an extra hour of cardio a day. Yes I know 25% is too high. Before I started eating to gain mass I was about 15%. Of course then I was following the Metabolic Diet(carb cycling)...I may switch back to it now, but I really do enjoy the energy I get from carbs. First thing is to lower calories and carbs and add cardio more often(extra 1 hour).

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is nothing to get yourself worried about but you do need to be concerned. Hypertension is classic sign of [insert word to replace the offensive word that begins with an O] that can occur in overweight men in their middle ages and especially men with a family history of hypertension. If you are at 25% by and have a BP of 160/90 you have early stages of this serious condition. The first and foremost important thing you can do is lose weight, did I mention lose weight, and eat healthy and steroids are not the best thing to being doing at this time.

I am very confident that if you drop 25lbs most of these symptoms, and underlying issues of hypertension, will be resolved for the most part.

You need to start thinking like an old man if you want to be an old man. Like yourself I am 5'10" and enjoy the physique of a 210-215lbs but my health does not. I snore, which promotes mild sleep apnea. My BP is almost 10points higher (135/80) as well as my RHR (70) when I am at that weight. So I drop down to 195lb and the snoring is diminished my BP is back to 120's/70's and my RHR is back to 60bpm. Sure I lost .5"+ off my arms but my heart and kids thank me.

My goal for a long life is to stay under 195lb and condition myself as best as I. I am presently setting a goal of about 180-185lb for an upcoming tropical beach honeymoon trip that I have never had in my near 20 years and two marriages. Though, I still haven't decided if I want to go with my wife. ;) You know what they say about bringing sand to the beach :)

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
T-Bone,

You should check out the book 'Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle" by Tom Venuto. Best advice I could imagine for staying lean and strong naturally.

BV

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is nothing to get yourself worried about but you do need to be concerned. Hypertension is classic sign of [insert word to replace the offensive word that begins with an O] that can occur in overweight men in their middle ages and especially men with a family history of hypertension. If you are at 25% by and have a BP of 160/90 you have early stages of this serious condition. The first and foremost important thing you can do is lose weight, did I mention lose weight, and eat healthy and steroids are not the best thing to being doing at this time.

I am very confident that if you drop 25lbs most of these symptoms, and underlying issues of hypertension, will be resolved for the most part.

You need to start thinking like an old man if you want to be an old man. Like yourself I am 5'10" and enjoy the physique of a 210-215lbs but my health does not. I snore, which promotes mild sleep apnea. My BP is almost 10points higher (135/80) as well as my RHR (70) when I am at that weight. So I drop down to 195lb and the snoring is diminished my BP is back to 120's/70's and my RHR is back to 60bpm. Sure I lost .5"+ off my arms but my heart and kids thank me.

My goal for a long life is to stay under 195lb and condition myself as best as I. I am presently setting a goal of about 180-185lb for an upcoming tropical beach honeymoon trip that I have never had in my near 20 years and two marriages. Though, I still haven't decided if I want to go with my wife. ;) You know what they say about bringing sand to the beach :)

Good news guys. Today I started my medication. I didn't know it would work so fast, but today I used my Fathers Blood pressure monitor and I was 127/80. So that is pretty damn good. I also stoped taking creatine products.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
T-Bone,

You should check out the book 'Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle" by Tom Venuto. Best advice I could imagine for staying lean and strong naturally.

BV

Maybe I'll check out at Amazon. I have a few Diet books already,

Natural Hormonal Enhancement
Power Eating(2nd and 3rd editions)
Metabolic Diet
Radical Diet

Also another one by Mauro Di. Pasquale I can't think of the name of it right this moment though.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel like I lost about ten pounds of water since going of the creatine products. I don't know for sure because I have not been on a scale. My problem with dieting is I can really quickly, only because I go from one extreme to the other to fast. I have to learn to add calories slowly, and also reduce them slowly. For me there is no middle of the road, its just my attitude and can not help it sometimes. I appricate everyones help. I kinda want to go back on my pre-workout supps, they are staring me in the face. I know I shouldn't though.....Maybe I'll just put them out of site for now.

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
Don't f*ck around with hypertension unless the option of chronic renal failure and dialysis is appealing to you.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I just took my bodyfat measurements and I am at 20%, so I guess the estimate I made was way off...

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try OTC BP remedies first. If they don't work, use the prescription.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try OTC BP remedies first. If they don't work, use the prescription.

Read up a few of my older posts. I already started the Presciption on Thanksgiving. I also stoped taking creatine products. My blood pressure decreased significantly. Also I think I may have the "White Coat Syndrome". Talked to my father about and he says he has it severely. So maybe it is a genetic thing also...(White Coat Syndrome)

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
That is another reason why I don't really think medication is needed. I told my Parents who are both in their late 60's that my docotor prescibed it to me. They asked what my pressure was and said that it didn't sound too high....They have been on blood pressure medicine for years. They also say I should take it first and see how I react. I don't agree though. If you haven't noticed I am a very STUBORN person. Can't help it, it is just how I am.
Here is the skinny w/ high blood pressure: lets say you've got a nice little artery in your brain that has developed a "bolbous" area because of your high blood pressure. That region of increased "size" means that the cross sectional area of your artery has increased. Now, you've got a problem with Sir Isaac Newton and his classical physics because they say that as the area increases, the velocity (of your blood flow; kinetic energy) will decrease. What does that mean? Well, in order to satisfy conservation of energy the pressure in that region will increase (pressure = energy density). Then, this increased pressure will cause the bulbous region to expand even more! Why is this a problem? Read the paragraph again. As cross sectional area increases, flow velocity decreases, and to compensate pressure increases again. Its a vicious cycle man. Can you say stroke?

I wouldn't listen to your parents. They're not just arguing with your physician, they're arguing with fundamental aspects of our knowledge of our physical world.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Here is the skinny w/ high blood pressure: lets say you've got a nice little artery in your brain that has developed a "bolbous" area because of your high blood pressure. That region of increased "size" means that the cross sectional area of your artery has increased. Now, you've got a problem with Sir Isaac Newton and his classical physics because they say that as the area increases, the velocity (of your blood flow) will decrease. What does that mean? Well, in order to satisfy conservation of energy the pressure in that region will increase (pressure = energy density). Then, this increased pressure will cause the bulbous region to expand even more! Why is this a problem? Read the paragraph again. As cross sectional area increases, flow velocity decreases, and to compensate pressure increases again. Its a vicious cycle man. Can you say stroke?
My Grandfather died of a stroke - that's some serious ****. And it was because he refused to take his high BP medication...no lie.

BV

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is the skinny w/ high blood pressure: lets say you've got a nice little artery in your brain that has developed a "bolbous" area because of your high blood pressure. That region of increased "size" means that the cross sectional area of your artery has increased. Now, you've got a problem with Sir Isaac Newton and his classical physics because they say that as the area increases, the velocity (of your blood flow) will decrease. What does that mean? Well, in order to satisfy conservation of energy the pressure in that region will increase (pressure = energy density). Then, this increased pressure will cause the bulbous region to expand even more! Why is this a problem? Read the paragraph again. As cross sectional area increases, flow velocity decreases, and to compensate pressure increases again. Its a vicious cycle man. Can you say stroke?

I wouldn't listen to your parents.

Yes I have been taking it. Like I said though in another more recent post than the one you quoted, I have been taking the medication since Thanksgiving. Also I have got my blood pressure lower more than few points. From 158/95 to 127/80...

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Yes I have been taking it. Like I said though in another more recent post than the one you quoted, I have been taking the medication since Thanksgiving. Also I have got my blood pressure lower more than few points.
Oh, sweet. :thumbsup:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does your BP stay low when you come off of these drugs? Or do you have to take the medication for an extended period of time?

I need to be more health concious. I still have the, "Meh, as long as you're hayooge." mentality. I guess it goes with being young.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does your BP stay low when you come off of these drugs? Or do you have to take the medication for an extended period of time?

I need to be more health concious. I still have the, "Meh, as long as you're hayooge." mentality. I guess it goes with being young.

I have no clue it is the first time on blood pressure medicine for me.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My Grandfather died of a stroke - that's some serious ****. And it was because he refused to take his high BP medication...no lie.

BV

My Grandfather also died of a stroke. He had several of them. He didn't refuse to take his medication though, as far as I know. Also in my Family, heart disease and diabetes(type 2). Just because these things are in my family doesn't mean I can't change them. I would like to get my blood pressure down low enough so I don't need the meds. Also I want to get back into runing. Running is one of the things I really liked, looked forward to even more than lifting weights. The problem was my knees and arthritis. Maybe I can start again slowly.....

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I started doing an extra hour of cardio as of Wednesday. So 2 hours of cardio a day total now. I plan on going back on the diet I was on before I had these problems. I don't know why I went off it or switched, in my opinion it was a big mistake. Now I will have to get rid of my creatine products, oh well. I'm to the point where lowering my blood pressure constantly consumes my mind. I gained a lot of weight just switching from The Metabolic Diet to Power Eating Plan. Metabolic Diet was the best thing for me and I had been following it consistantly for probally over 5 years.....Going back to it next Tuesday...Maybe I will make a log, maybe not...