Help me get my crap together... - AnabolicMinds.com

Help me get my crap together...

1. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Unhappy Help me get my crap together...

I may have the worst self-discipline/time-management skills of all time... Especially when it comes to balancing between school/leisure.. Anyway, assuming that some of you have had similar problems, how'd you all deal with it? Any tips to help me deal with this "disorder?"

Note: This is pretty much limited to school/leisure time. My training and such I may spend too much time on as it is..

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    I may have the worst self-discipline/time-management skills of all time... Especially when it comes to balancing between school/leisure.. Anyway, assuming that some of you have had similar problems, how'd you all deal with it? Any tips to help me deal with this "disorder?"

Note: This is pretty much limited to school/leisure time. My training and such I may spend too much time on as it is..
    It's funny you said that. About 10 seconds ago I was in the kitchen and realized ever since I've been awake at 8am, I've dedicated every minute to my training, and I left the last few hours I have left in the day for schoolwork. If I put forth half the effort towards school as I do bodybuilding, I would have a perfect GPA. Sometimes I feel so worthless. I've really been struggling with myself lately. I probably failed one of my tests last week because I simply didn't study hard enough. I've been focusing so much on my training. It's been awesome seeing the gains come, but it's REALLY making my schoolwork suffer. To make it worse, I'm an extremely bad procrastinator. I put off everything until the last minute. For example, I have an online test due in 7 hrs. I've had over a week to take it. I do this every single time. Last week I had a computer project due, I waited until the day before it was due to start it.

I definitely have empathy for you with the situation. It's rough being a dedicated bodybuilder and in school. The second you sit down to study, it's time to eat. Then, I go to get a paper done, somehow I find myself making posts on AM...like now for example.

I don't even have a normal job. All I REALLY have to do is go to school, and do my homework; and I can't even succeed at that! Bleh. But hey, I've packed on 17 lbs in the last two months.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Sounds like my life man.. Pretty much going through the exact same thing at the moment.. I am looking to get a part-time job however, I think that may actually help me, knowing that I really only have limited time to get things done might drive me to really get them done and stop my procrastinating/never-getting-anything-done ways.. At least, I really hope it goes that way.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

Its just like a bad habit. You have a tendency to do it and breaking the cycle to be more productive with your time is a voluntary effort that you have to force upon yourself for quite awhile before it starts to become second nature.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Ok, I'm attempting to schedule my life.. Made myself a sun-sat schedule broken down by the hour.. A friend of mine suggested it who also has problems with procrastination.. said it was workin for him.. So far (this is only day 2 mind you) things are going good.. It's not difficult to follow, and it free's you up a lot more than it contrains you, which is the opposite of what you'd think would happen. Anyway, I hope & pray this continues to go well.
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I need to do that. Is it a something like...

Workout: 8am-9.30am
    Class: 11am-12.30pm
    HW: 4pm-7pm

?
  7. Elite Member

im the same way boys....i took a few correspondance courses in uni and realized thats even worse cause i put those off til the last 2 weeks too..haha..procrastination is a disease. Its selective though obviously, we all hit the gym religiously...
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    I need to do that. Is it a something like...

Workout: 8am-9.30am
    Class: 11am-12.30pm
    HW: 4pm-7pm

?
    Yeah pretty much, but a little more specific.. Goes by day, and is split up by the hour.. Made it on excel.. So i can just print it out and plan my days at least a day in advance.
  9. Senior Member

It really is funny though guys. I can totally relate, in that if I put at least half of the effort into my College classes as I do working out etc, I would have to cram up at the end of the semester just to pass.

I never learn.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Schedule your activities and qhen you have spare time then you can join AM or do whatever floats your boat.
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    Schedule your activities and qhen you have spare time then you can join AM or do whatever floats your boat.
    What if AM is a priority?...

9pm-11pm: Post on AM
  12. Senior Member

(crap , i think your onto me)

1-3PM post on am while studying.
    3.05 PM- 12AM - Post on am.
    12Am-8AM - Dream about what im going to post on AM.
    8AM-9AM - Think about how much the guys are missing me not posting on AM.
    9AM-1PM - Post on AM when im supposed to be working.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yea I think alot of us have this probrlem. I think I may have the ultimate juggle (not trying to boast). School/training/work/baseball/wife/kids. Surprisingly when Im the most busy Im at my best. While working 25hr a week/training 4-5days/going to class 14hrs/ baseball practice mon-fri from 4-7 I had a 3.5 GPA.

Now with no baseball "practice" and less work (~15hrs) Im doing worse in school. I think my GPA slipped to about a 3.2-3.0

Now with more time I find myself on here screwing off or playing with my 3year old when I get home from work and lose track of time or the wife and I will go out and end up shopping or somthing stupid that we didnt org. plan because we dont have anything planned. I get almost no school work done. Infact I just got a 71 on my last Chem test and didnt look at anything until 10pm the night before.

It's all about self disipline and making a schedule and makeing sure you go from A to B to C etc.....not skipping anything. Once I get in the hang (3-4days) its like clock work.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

You obviously can't come off cold turkey and I can't blame you, this place is pretty interesting. The key is come down slowly. I thought I was here a good 4-5 hours a day when I first joined in 2003. I even missed work one day because I woke up and found out that I could not leave the computer, no BS.

The homebrewing section was kicking a$$ back then and there were tons of great topics that I was eager to learn about. Hell, even Bobo used to be glued to this place a few years ago so it happens to us all.
  15. Banned

One word of advice is to not cut into your school work for things like AM and the gym. I know that sounds weird but I spent the first 2 years of college partying like a rock star....now (although I'll never forget that time in my life) I completely regret it. I think back on all the things I could've learned and feel pretty bad about it.
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    One word of advice is to not cut into your school work for things like AM and the gym. I know that sounds weird but I spent the first 2 years of college partying like a rock star....now (although I'll never forget that time in my life) I completely regret it. I think back on all the things I could've learned and feel pretty bad about it.
    I don't party at all, but I definitely let my training get in the way of school.

It's hard to break that. I feel like that's what seperates me from the guys that simply just "work out" and don't spend any other part of their day on bodybuilding. I am TRULY dedicated.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help me get my Girlfriend ABS!
    By Sparta12 in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-08-2013, 08:21 PM
  2. help me get my dosing down-pat
    By BeastMode 1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 04:13 AM
  3. please help me put my cycle together.
    By AILDfan89 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-20-2011, 02:34 PM
  4. Help me get rid of my sleeping problems!
    By RAZORBACK09 in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 01:41 AM
  5. Help me get my fruits and veggies...
    By sundevil04 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 11:09 AM