Your Favorite Workout Tunes

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
Hi Guys,

Thought we could share our favorite workout tunes. My collection is getting real old, real quick so I wondered what music you guys listen to.
Please post you favorite workout track (and video if available) that really gets you going.

Mine:

Artist: 3 Days Grace
Title: Animal I have Become

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
I've been listening to a lot of Lamb of God, Unearth, In Flames, Slayer, Dragonforce, and Shadows Fall lately.

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
I've been listening to a lot of Lamb of God, Unearth, In Flames, Slayer, Dragonforce, and Shadows Fall lately.
Damn man, that track "Through The Fire And Flames" makes you want to do reps at 20,000 MPH...just to keep up with the beat.

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
Dope "Die Muther Fvcker Die" [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPQaEZMKRMc"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

ahsbaseball08

ahsbaseball08

Awards
BFMV.

Bullet for my Valentine

Room 409 FTW!!!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If this doesn't get you pump, nothing will.

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
If I listen to just hardcore music the songs tend to blend together mid workout and I tune them out.

My song routine goes something like...

lil wayne - duffle bag boy
throwdown - to my friends
serj tankyen - behind empty walls
eminem - kim
linkin park - faint
casey jones - if you're smoking in here you better be on fire
tupac - hit em up
evanescence - call me when you're sober
britney spears - toxic
dead to fall - bastard set of dreams
between the buried and me - mordecai
scarface - on my block
young jeezy - i love it

Then whatever rock station for cardio

That was yesterday's routine. Man that is a weird medley when it's on paper hahahahaha

...But holy crap that gets me moving

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
i dont know man.. maybe its the nostalgia from some of those tunes (like britney spears) but the musical change is a shock to my body and forces me to listen to the music closer, which increases my focus and gets me more pumped. I can't get pumped off of listening to the same genre of music through an entire workout.

there should be a study on this

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Let me guide you, young one.

korn - alive
OHhhhh I love the heavier Korn tracks (like the 1st 2 albums). They lost there way for a bit but lately made a come back to the heavier side.

I don't listen to much music when working out since wires bug the hell out of me when doing anything but sitting there. I'm thinking of investing in a bluetooth stereo head set and bringing my phone (incoming calls switched off). Last time I tried playing music in the gym the wires got wrapped around the DB I was using during DB rows and I sprained my neck.

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
OHhhhh I love the heavier Korn tracks (like the 1st 2 albums). They lost there way for a bit but lately made a come back to the heavier side.

I don't listen to much music when working out since wires bug the hell out of me when doing anything but sitting there. I'm thinking of investing in a bluetooth stereo head set and bringing my phone (incoming calls switched off). Last time I tried playing music in the gym the wires got wrapped around the DB I was using during DB rows and I sprained my neck.
lol! Dude I know what you mean. There is however a simple yet effective solution to that - as I found out.
Simply put the MP3 Player in your shorts pocket, or on your arm (depending on the device) and threat the wire UNDER THE SHIRT and out through the neck hole to your ears. That way there is no loose wires "hanging around" to cause damage.

This is the safest way since the day I was doing (machine) leg extensions and the wire got caught around the "extension part". Luckily i didnt have any body injury, but the mp3 player shot out of the headphone jack and across the floor gym.

Suffice to say, it has never quite worked the same since. :stick:

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Even with the wire under my shirt and the ipod in my pocket, I still managed to catch one of my fingers in it on the way down of a deadlift and rip the wire in half.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Even with the wire under my shirt and the ipod in my pocket, I still managed to catch one of my fingers in it on the way down of a deadlift and rip the wire in half.
That sh!t would have ruined my workout. I use an armband for my ipod and run the wire up my sleeve and through the neck hole. The excess wire hangs unnoticeably under my shirt. I haven't had a single problem with the wire.

On a seperate note, Korn f'ing sucks. What happened? They really started going downhill after "Follow the Leader" and "Issues" which were just ok albums. Their self titled album and "Life is Peachy" were good album's though. I know bands change, but they definitely changed for the worst.

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
wow, you must have been carrying about 100 yards of wire with you....:p

But yeah, in your case the bluetooth version seems best. Not sure what the prices are though?

tattoopierced1

I always get pumped listening to this song in the gym...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUEkOVdUjHc"]YouTube - Banned Commercials - Learn English[/ame]

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ughh..newbs...

get a case so you can clip it on your gym shorts, then clip it on your side and thread the wire up behind the back of your shirt out the kneck. I have NEVER had a problem.
This is exactly what I do. It only becomes a problem when I am using a belt, but it can be easily re-positioned.

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
yeah, I was squatting yesterday, just put the belt over everything and then pull some extra slack on the headphones, simple.

I don't see many people that clip it on their gym shorts like we do..it confuses me
I just put it in my pocket, Im a "real man" & I haven't got time for no fancy, shmancy "clip-ons" ;):p

Last edited:
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, I was squatting yesterday, just put the belt over everything and then pull some extra slack on the headphones, simple.

I don't see many people that clip it on their gym shorts like we do..it confuses me
My iPod starts to dig into my skin, so I just move it down slightly.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I love to bring the Pain to the gym....T Pain dat is! (video is sick too).

T Pain + Static X = weights getting thrown into mirrors.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bumping a 5 year old thread???? Yup!!!! Let's get some new workout tunes going to compile some new lists!

Ill go first: Obviously everyone has to have an Eminem song in there...

I listen to a lot of metal devil wears prada, as I lay dying, shoot the girl first (pretty new), moths to a flame, asking Alexandria, bring me the horizon, suicide silence, cannibal corpse, Emmure...the list goes on.

Let's build this mother effer up so we can all broaden our workout playlists. Get specific with it track titles etc. To me the right song can help me break a plateau. I'd post up some track titles but I gotta hit the hay for tonight.

Toss it up like Tupac!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All that remains

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bump

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
haha.. I just put some Tupac's greatest hits on my phone the other day. Depending on my lifts, I listen to anything.

Limp Bizkit
Speed Metal
T-Pain
JayZ & Linkin Park Collision CD

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha.. I just put some Tupac's greatest hits on my phone the other day. Depending on my lifts, I listen to anything.

Limp Bizkit
Speed Metal
T-Pain
JayZ & Linkin Park Collision CD
Reps when i get to a computer! and to anyone else who posts...

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
All that remains
Older avenge sevenfold
That's it right now. I cycle my work out music

bobbymac

bobbymac

Awards
Skillet is my favorite.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Many Men by 50 Cent

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
I'm a Boss - Meek Millz

Typically when I'm going for a PR

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Many Men by 50 Cent
I'm a Boss - Meek Millz

Typically when I'm going for a PR
See dude that's the kinda shít i'm talking about! Music that makes you want to bend the bar...

Never heard i'm a boss but many men def in my playlist!

Check out i'm ill by red cafe.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All that remains
Older avenge sevenfold
That's it right now. I cycle my work out music
Skillet is my favorite.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
All that remains is a must IMO!

Never heard of skillet which is awesome will check that out.

Keep em coming guys reps tomo when I get to my laptop

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Lips of decete by -avenge seven fold
Empty inside, six -by all that remains

PR songs.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
roblasane

roblasane

Awards
Pantera "Domination" !!!

That will have you tearing weights up.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pantera rocks too hard!

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
I was just about to say Pantera. I don't listen to scream-o type music like really anything head bangish EXCEPT Pantera beacuase there not just playing the **** out of a guitar the whole time and screaming, they actually make melodies and make **** you can chill and listen to and not have to have had a 12 pack to hear.

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
"Flexing Muscle" by Entombed is all about getting juiced, lifting weights, admiring your physique, and smashing people's heads in.

rbrooks

rbrooks

Awards
i dont know man.. maybe its the nostalgia from some of those tunes (like britney spears) but the musical change is a shock to my body and forces me to listen to the music closer, which increases my focus and gets me more pumped. I can't get pumped off of listening to the same genre of music through an entire workout.

there should be a study on this
I find it funny when a song comes on at the gym that was from around when I was in high school (A pretty dark time for me), depending on the memory I have associated with it, can either put me in kill mode or make me give up on the spot.

I'm a musician so I probably put a little more weight on songs and their connections than most, but I'd imagine it's going to be similar on a lesser scale for most.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Killswitch Engage - my curse

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was just about to say Pantera. I don't listen to scream-o type music like really anything head bangish EXCEPT Pantera beacuase there not just playing the **** out of a guitar the whole time and screaming, they actually make melodies and make **** you can chill and listen to and not have to have had a 12 pack to hear.
See that's the thing for me metal soothes my soul man. I like pantera a lot but.95% of the time it's not hard enough for me.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Of mice and men - my understandings

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All that remains - whispers