Just saw Beowulf in 3D

  1. Registered User
    OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Rep Power
    2003
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    48.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Just saw Beowulf in 3D


    All I can say is wow...

    I went into this film with extremely high expectations and all I can say is that it exceeded them and then some. When I first read Beowulf I became fascinated with the story and the film delivered on the books ideals and the ideals of the warriors of that time. Despite the change in story line I really felt no ill will towards the movie since it kept within its limits.

    The 3D was excellent and really made the movie stand out on a whole different level.

    Last but not least the use of Angelina Jolie was prime. I was worried it was going to be almost a distraction from the legitimacy of the movie but she was used sparingly but perfectly. She was hot in her scenes and conveyed her purpose (despite being the mother of Grendel.) Also I was very happy to see her "tail" was a massive pony tail that was actually erotic on some level ahah.

    Either way just had to share the "awesomeness" of this movie and to make sure you all get out there and see it (and if its offered in 3D)

  2. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74320
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I really want to check it out when I get the chance.
  3. Professional Member
    CryingEmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,080
    Rep Power
    1638
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    39.36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    All I can say is wow...

    I went into this film with extremely high expectations and all I can say is that it exceeded them and then some. When I first read Beowulf I became fascinated with the story and the film delivered on the books ideals and the ideals of the warriors of that time. Despite the change in story line I really felt no ill will towards the movie since it kept within its limits.

    The 3D was excellent and really made the movie stand out on a whole different level.

    Last but not least the use of Angelina Jolie was prime. I was worried it was going to be almost a distraction from the legitimacy of the movie but she was used sparingly but perfectly. She was hot in her scenes and conveyed her purpose (despite being the mother of Grendel.) Also I was very happy to see her "tail" was a massive pony tail that was actually erotic on some level ahah.

    Either way just had to share the "awesomeness" of this movie and to make sure you all get out there and see it (and if its offered in 3D)
    In the previews the tail looks like a 'Species' tail. ahahaha
    •   
       

  4. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74320
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Saw this last night. Great movie; granted, I've read the story. And that pony-tail WAS hott. I don't think I could blame anyone for having sex with that monster.
  5. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    is it in 3d everywhere or are some theatres only going to have a "normal" version?

    I cant wait to see it too.
  6. Registered User
    OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Rep Power
    2003
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    48.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    In the previews the tail looks like a 'Species' tail. ahahaha
    Haha it definitely did, which would have taken the hotness down a few notches.

    Pump ~ I'm pretty sure if your near by a big theater they will offer both. Before you go just check the papers/internet and look for RealD 3D and they have it.
  7. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    thanks OCC, gotta watch the 3D! Are the 3D scenes throughout the movie or just at times. (will you be wearing the glasses the whole time?)
  8. Diamond Member
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Rep Power
    74320
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    43.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I didn't get to see it in 3D. I was bummed.
  9. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.19%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Has anybody watched this in 3D on an IMAX yet? Unfortunately the IMAX in Niagara Falls only plays some ridiculous movie about the Falls, but there are a few others within an hour.
  10. Registered User
    OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Rep Power
    2003
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    48.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    The entire movie is in 3D (and yes they hand you out glasses when you get your ticket lol. There not the red and blue ones but actually like legit glasses.) Theres even some previews in 3D (but they looked awful story wise.) Theres even 2-3 scenes that will actually make you truly flinch. Well at least it did for me.

    Mullet ~ I really want to check out the IMAX version in NYC. I saw 300 in it and loved it so I really want to get up there for this.
  11. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.19%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    The entire movie is in 3D (and yes they hand you out glasses when you get your ticket lol. There not the red and blue ones but actually like legit glasses.) Theres even some previews in 3D (but they looked awful story wise.) Theres even 2-3 scenes that will actually make you truly flinch. Well at least it did for me.

    Mullet ~ I really want to check out the IMAX version in NYC. I saw 300 in it and loved it so I really want to get up there for this.
    Is it worth driving ~45 minutes for? I'm thinking it may be (keep in mind I LOVE movies).
  12. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2849
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    IMHO it was an entertaining movie, but it was not as good as I'd hoped it would be and it just didn't live up to it's potential.

    It's worth seeing in the theaters, but I personally wouldn't have driven 45mins to see it (even in 3D).
  13. Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    41
    Posts
    7,242
    Rep Power
    51548
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    95.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I went to go see this in the 3-D and I enjoyed it. It had really good 3-D details and had the female version in Beowolfs body that you have in Jolies It was also tastefully done and my kids were able to see it as well
  14. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.19%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00 View Post
    IMHO it was an entertaining movie, but it was not as good as I'd hoped it would be and it just didn't live up to it's potential.

    It's worth seeing in the theaters, but I personally wouldn't have driven 45mins to see it (even in 3D).
    No? Not even on an IMAX? I have not driven there yet. Trying to guage whether or not it would be.
  15. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2849
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    It might be worth visiting an IMAX if you've never been to one before, but the movie itself was not spectacular IMHO.
  16. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.19%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00 View Post
    It might be worth visiting an IMAX if you've never been to one before, but the movie itself was not spectacular IMHO.
    Ahh, nah the latter part of the sentence was what I was looking for. I've been to plenty of IMAXs and was wondering if this particular movie would be worth extra effort to see on one. Gracias.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. just got back in it
    By Rob1208lv in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-19-2005, 04:26 PM
  2. ot I just saw a bottle of VasoPro Ephedrine on Dr Phill
    By SeaHawk22 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-02-2004, 08:55 PM
  3. Just saw Kill Bill
    By labrad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-31-2003, 05:38 PM
  4. Just saw "The Hunted" with Tommy Lee Jones and Benny...
    By windwords7 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-18-2003, 10:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in