Just saw Beowulf in 3D

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
All I can say is wow...

I went into this film with extremely high expectations and all I can say is that it exceeded them and then some. When I first read Beowulf I became fascinated with the story and the film delivered on the books ideals and the ideals of the warriors of that time. Despite the change in story line I really felt no ill will towards the movie since it kept within its limits.

The 3D was excellent and really made the movie stand out on a whole different level.

Last but not least the use of Angelina Jolie was prime. I was worried it was going to be almost a distraction from the legitimacy of the movie but she was used sparingly but perfectly. She was hot in her scenes and conveyed her purpose (despite being the mother of Grendel.) Also I was very happy to see her "tail" was a massive pony tail that was actually erotic on some level ahah.

Either way just had to share the "awesomeness" of this movie and to make sure you all get out there and see it (and if its offered in 3D)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really want to check it out when I get the chance.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
All I can say is wow...

I went into this film with extremely high expectations and all I can say is that it exceeded them and then some. When I first read Beowulf I became fascinated with the story and the film delivered on the books ideals and the ideals of the warriors of that time. Despite the change in story line I really felt no ill will towards the movie since it kept within its limits.

The 3D was excellent and really made the movie stand out on a whole different level.

Last but not least the use of Angelina Jolie was prime. I was worried it was going to be almost a distraction from the legitimacy of the movie but she was used sparingly but perfectly. She was hot in her scenes and conveyed her purpose (despite being the mother of Grendel.) Also I was very happy to see her "tail" was a massive pony tail that was actually erotic on some level ahah.

Either way just had to share the "awesomeness" of this movie and to make sure you all get out there and see it (and if its offered in 3D)
In the previews the tail looks like a 'Species' tail. ahahaha

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Saw this last night. Great movie; granted, I've read the story. And that pony-tail WAS hott. I don't think I could blame anyone for having sex with that monster.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
is it in 3d everywhere or are some theatres only going to have a "normal" version?

I cant wait to see it too.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
In the previews the tail looks like a 'Species' tail. ahahaha
Haha it definitely did, which would have taken the hotness down a few notches.

Pump ~ I'm pretty sure if your near by a big theater they will offer both. Before you go just check the papers/internet and look for RealD 3D and they have it.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks OCC, gotta watch the 3D! Are the 3D scenes throughout the movie or just at times. (will you be wearing the glasses the whole time?)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Has anybody watched this in 3D on an IMAX yet? Unfortunately the IMAX in Niagara Falls only plays some ridiculous movie about the Falls, but there are a few others within an hour.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
The entire movie is in 3D (and yes they hand you out glasses when you get your ticket lol. There not the red and blue ones but actually like legit glasses.) Theres even some previews in 3D (but they looked awful story wise.) Theres even 2-3 scenes that will actually make you truly flinch. Well at least it did for me.

Mullet ~ I really want to check out the IMAX version in NYC. I saw 300 in it and loved it so I really want to get up there for this.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The entire movie is in 3D (and yes they hand you out glasses when you get your ticket lol. There not the red and blue ones but actually like legit glasses.) Theres even some previews in 3D (but they looked awful story wise.) Theres even 2-3 scenes that will actually make you truly flinch. Well at least it did for me.

Mullet ~ I really want to check out the IMAX version in NYC. I saw 300 in it and loved it so I really want to get up there for this.
Is it worth driving ~45 minutes for? I'm thinking it may be (keep in mind I LOVE movies).

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
IMHO it was an entertaining movie, but it was not as good as I'd hoped it would be and it just didn't live up to it's potential.

It's worth seeing in the theaters, but I personally wouldn't have driven 45mins to see it (even in 3D).

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I went to go see this in the 3-D and I enjoyed it. It had really good 3-D details and had the female version in Beowolfs body that you have in Jolies;) It was also tastefully done and my kids were able to see it as well:run:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMHO it was an entertaining movie, but it was not as good as I'd hoped it would be and it just didn't live up to it's potential.

It's worth seeing in the theaters, but I personally wouldn't have driven 45mins to see it (even in 3D).
No? Not even on an IMAX? I have not driven there yet. Trying to guage whether or not it would be.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
It might be worth visiting an IMAX if you've never been to one before, but the movie itself was not spectacular IMHO.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It might be worth visiting an IMAX if you've never been to one before, but the movie itself was not spectacular IMHO.
Ahh, nah the latter part of the sentence was what I was looking for. I've been to plenty of IMAXs and was wondering if this particular movie would be worth extra effort to see on one. Gracias.