My Birthday Is Fast Approaching :(

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gonna be 26, this sucks, I'm getting old. Every year since about 22 I have seen myself get older, not anything big, but little thinsg like minor wrinkle I never had, and a few grays now and then. I used to look forawrd to my birthdays, it meant lot's of presents. Now I just would like to slow time down.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gonna be 26, this sucks, I'm getting old. Every year since about 22 I have seen myself get older, not anything big, but little thinsg like minor wrinkle I never had, and a few grays now and then. I used to look forawrd to my birthdays, it meant lot's of presents. Now I just would like to slow time down.

You are still young buddie. Wait till you hit my age. Things just get more difficult as you age, lose testosterone and your will to live....Hahaha, just kiding about that last part. It is not that bad. Don't worry though, I'm sure being a rep for AN you can get a good deal on RPM. That will keep you feeling young!.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awww your only as old as you feel. Happy Birthday!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The best way to get over feeling old is to feel something young. Go find an 18 year old stripper somewhere :D

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I feel the same way I got 20 recently, and I'd like to keep it that way forever lol.

W

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
gray hairs and wrinkles at 26? i got a birthday comin up too...you just ruined it for me man

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had been afraid of getting old. On my 28th birthday I had a revelation. I became afraid I would not live to be old.

There's only one way to prevent getting old and it has a down side.

But that's life. It's not for everyone.

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I had been afraid of getting old. On my 28th birthday I had a revelation. I became afraid I would not live to be old.

lots of steroids ?

W

warnerve

Awards
  • Established

B, you always put things in perspective. Thank you

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
Meh, my philosophy is you're not old till you hit 80.... so you gotta ways to go

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Nevermind, I just got what B was referring to......hm, that only took half a day.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Don't fret, they got scrotum reduction surgery, or teh nut bra

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
About a year ago it hit me that I was getting old. I volunteered at a football camp and I was helping a 14 year old kid with his mechanics and casually told him to pretend he's Joe Montana playing catch with Jerry Rice. He subsequently said to me " Who's Joe Montana ? " I was speechless LOL.

Age is only a number so treat it that way :)

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I realized I was getting 'old' this last month when a few younger guys started talking to me about technique and exercises in the gym. One of them told me he was 18 and had only been lifting a year, then he asked how old I was and it hit me. I'm almost 33, and I've been lifiting since this kid was 5 years old.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
About a year ago it hit me that I was getting old. I volunteered at a football camp and I was helping a 14 year old kid with his mechanics and casually told him to pretend he's Joe Montana playing catch with Jerry Rice. He subsequently said to me " Who's Joe Montana ? " I was speechless LOL.

Age is only a number so treat it that way :)
If he doesn't know who Joe Montana is, then tell him to stop playing football without a helmet.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
If he doesn't know who Joe Montana is, then tell him to stop playing football without a helmet.
I was speechless bro. I know it's the kid's fault for not knowing that but for a second I was thinking about how I showed my age and there was a momentary disconnect. I then had to tell him to pretend he was Peyton Manning, if he didn't know that then I'd have to call child protective services for his sake.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
26! :whiner:

sorry myth. no one is gonna feel sorry for you......yet.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Youve got a ton of good miles left on you my friend.

Heck youre starting into the phase of your life when you are willing to ask questions because you realize you may not know it all. :D

Personally, I didnt even know that i didnt have a clue til I was 30. :lol:

Seriously the battle is more of the mind than the body.Im 36 and I still refer to myself as one of the young guys (mostly due to the physical things i do at work that others cant)

What will make you feel even younger as time goes by is seeing others in your age group: who arent flexible and are out of shape struggle to due tasks that you do with ease.

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established

Get a grip man! Dont make come over there and perform the sacred fish slap dance:

Maybe that'll knock some sense into you.:trout:

If all else fails, try this 80s Tried-And-Tested routine to help straighten those facial wrinkles out!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What will make you feel even younger as time goes by is seeing others in your age group: who arent flexible and are out of shape struggle to due tasks that you do with ease.
it also doesn't hurt if you make sure you spend the time to keep your mind sharp and always learning, because being able to do the same with mental tasks as well as physical ones is the real bomb ;)

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
it also doesn't hurt if you make sure you spend the time to keep your mind sharp and always learning, because being able to do the same with mental tasks as well as physical ones is the real bomb ;)
True dat! :thumbsup: Thats why we have Anabolic Minds correct? :D

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
I am 27... every year since i turned 21 i kept thinking my god im getting old. This year when i turned 27 i laughed because i said to myself i wish i was 22 again but when i was 22 i was still thinking im old. I see guys at my gym in their 50's and 60's and hell even 70's still looking good. I

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
If you think you are getting old you are correct.

If you think you are getting younger you are correct.

It is a mind over matter thing.

BTW I have a grandchild and another on the way. Yesterday I did a 90 mile bike ride followed by a 45 min run (third time this week of doing that same workout) and a 1 hour swim followed by my weight workout.

Over 200lbs and a 33" waist so ahhh yea you are right you are getting old. Just wait til I start my Epistane Cycle then my weight will definitely come back up to where I would like it. ;)

CROWLER

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just wait til I start my Epistane Cycle then my weight will definitely come back up to where I would like it. ;)

CROWLER
What are your plans for cycle and post cycle support?

Sorry, I could not resist. :)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you think you are getting old you are correct.

If you think you are getting younger you are correct.

It is a mind over matter thing.

BTW I have a grandchild and another on the way. Yesterday I did a 90 mile bike ride followed by a 45 min run (third time this week of doing that same workout) and a 1 hour swim followed by my weight workout.

Over 200lbs and a 33" waist so ahhh yea you are right you are getting old. Just wait til I start my Epistane Cycle then my weight will definitely come back up to where I would like it. ;)

CROWLER

Yes Crowler, but you, my friend, are not Human!.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys, makes me feel better. Mashed, that video was the stupidest, yet funniest video I have ever seen! where the hell did they come up with that crap! lol. Crowler I want to see before pics of your Epi cycle!

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys, makes me feel better. Mashed, that video was the stupidest, yet funniest video I have ever seen! where the hell did they come up with that crap! lol. Crowler I want to see before pics of your Epi cycle!
lol! Looks like my work here is done....

And with that I leave you with the Glute Workout. To keep your glutes nice and firm, no matter your age.

Gluteus Maximus