Foreigners as the Gym

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do any of you notice that foreign people don't seem to understand a damn word you say unless they want something from you?

So I was at the gym today using the lying leg curl machine and I could see that this Mexican girl using the seated leg curl machine was having some trouble using it. I offered to let her work in with me and she said, "Okay" and then basically told me, in perfectly good English, to change the positioning of the leg pad for her. So I did, with no "thank you" given by her. What are the first few words you learn of a new language? Hello, Yes, No, Please, Thank you. Apparently the only thing she learned was a sentence involving the positioning of the leg pad...

So after about five-seven minutes, I awoke her from her nap and kindly asked if I could finish my last two sets in which she responded, "No, I'm fine." and acted like she had no idea what I was saying.

So at this point I'm pretty freaking heated. I was having a perfectly good workout until she screwed it up. I had to wait about another ten minutes to use the machine. She would curl the weight for a couple reps, then just lay there for about three minutes.

Irish Cannon out.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So after about five-seven minutes, I awoke her from her nap and kindly asked if I could finish my last two sets in which she responded, "No, I'm fine." and acted like she had no idea what I was saying.

:toofunny: hahaha i know what u mean!!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do any of you notice that foreign people don't seem to understand a damn word you say unless they want something from you?

So I was at the gym today using the lying leg curl machine and I could see that this Mexican girl using the seated leg curl machine was having some trouble using it. I offered to let her work in with me and she said, "Okay" and then basically told me, in perfectly good English, to change the positioning of the leg pad for her. So I did, with no "thank you" given by her. What are the first few words you learn of a new language? Hello, Yes, No, Please, Thank you. Apparently the only thing she learned was a sentence involving the positioning of the leg pad...

So at this point I'm pretty freaking heated. I was having a perfectly good workout until she screwed it up. I had to wait about another ten minutes to use the machine. She would curl the weight for a couple reps, then just lay there for about three minutes.

Irish Cannon out.

Maybe you just asked if she wanted to work in, so you could look at her hynee!!!.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
a couple of words that most people who don't speak english can understand is "F*CK OFF"

lol

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some ****ing foreignor wodlnt let me work into the leg extensions machine the other day. And he took it from me!!!! WTF?!? I asked him and he smiled and just said "no"

wtf/!?!?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Racist.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I could care less if I come across as racist. This is America. We speak English here, we say Thank you, and we share equipment at the gym.
Amen sista:hammer:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
The bigger thing that bothers me, and I have seen this in particular with people from the Middle East, is that they go to the gym wearing khakis and a polo shirt.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
was she hott? if she was you could have just stared at her like a perv and she woulda either a) got uncomfortable and get off the machine b) you could bang her up the ass

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I would have to agree in that I hate when they understand every word you say until its something they don't want to do...then they act as if they don't understand. Dude at the point she said no thanks I would have explained the meaning of "working in" to her as if she was mentally handicapped...you know all slow and drawn out. At this point she has two options...she will realize that you actually want to USE the machine while she is in between sets OR that you are not fooled by the "me no understand" bull****, get upset and leave the piece of equipment. One way or the other you get to use it.

New Telephone Greeting.

Wouldn't it be pretty amazing, if this caught on, all over the country...?

"GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES"

"Press "1" if you speak English." "Press '2' to disconnect until you can."

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I would have to agree in that I hate when they understand every word you say until its something they don't want to do...then they act as if they don't understand. Dude at the point she said no thanks I would have explained the meaning of "working in" to her as if she was mentally handicapped...you know all slow and drawn out. At this point she has two options...she will realize that you actually want to USE the machine while she is in between sets OR that you are not fooled by the "me no understand" bull****, get upset and leave the piece of equipment. One way or the other you get to use it.

New Telephone Greeting.

This is an incredible revelation. I can't believe I've never thought of implementing such a system for the automated telephone recordings.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
New Telephone Greeting.

lol, beleive me there's a few other countries that could use this type of thing as well.....

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Working out in collared dress shirts and adidas snap pants. CASED CLOSED...

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
does anyone else find the title of this thread ironic? :toofunny:

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think he's referring to the fact that this thread is complaining about people who can't speak english, and the title of the thread doesn't even make sense in english(yes, I realize it was a typo).

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
does anyone else find the title of this thread ironic? :toofunny:
No wonder she couldn't understand him :toofunny:

However, it just isn't the wetters, but most tards in the gym. The just don't understand proper gym etiquette.

Anywho, for all my hero brethren; if a wet-bizzy acts like they no habla ingles, just utter the words LA MIGRA, LA MIGRA :run:

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
I think he's referring to the fact that this thread is complaining about people who can't speak english, and the title of the thread doesn't even make sense in english(yes, I realize it was a typo).
wow i cant believe i didnt see that. my bad CC.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
a couple of words that most people who don't speak english can understand is "F*CK OFF"

lol
This is sadly true! I was trying to exit an elevator when a "foreign" women was trying to get in it she wouldn't let me out. I said excuse me and tried being polite and she just stood there. So I gave up and said "F**K O*F" and she kindly moved aside.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
This is sadly true! I was trying to exit an elevator when a "foreign" women was trying to get in it she wouldn't let me out. I said excuse me and tried being polite and she just stood there. So I gave up and said "F**K O*F" and she kindly moved aside.
when good manners fail it's sometimes your last resort, well done rivet :thumbsup:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
A man can only be so patient :) It's also true that being nice makes others think they can take advantage if you so practice being a prick every now and then, it's tons of fun ;)

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
please tell me you realise Irish people speak English as well.
Only if and when you can catch them sober.

Just Kidding.

I had some Africans at my gym who would chant and drum on the equipment when they worked out, until they were threatened with violence unless they found somewhere else to practice their Hoodoo.

Those good god fearing Irish lads don't tolerate that heathen ****.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
It doesn't matter if you’re foreign or not. I've seen all kinds of people pull this sh!t. That’s just plain selfishness. Gym etiquette states that if you’re resting in between sets, if someone wants to work in, you allow that person to work in. It should be Gym policy. That or you could punk 'em for it. :)

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Only if and when you can catch them sober.

Just Kidding.

I had some Africans at my gym who would chant and drum on the equipment when they worked out, until they were threatened with violence unless they found somewhere else to practice their Hoodoo.

Those good god fearing Irish lads don't tolerate that heathen ****.
main issue with my gym is its roughly 60-70% gay so its just big groups of guys having a chat around the machines not really doing any thing at all. Then they go shower together......i've heard some wrong things in the change rooms.

"how was your day"
"oh im buggered"
"oh really"
"(laughs) but not in a good sense"

i ran out at that point.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Your ****ed, dude. We're Americans, we don't know what the term Buggery means. Take it like a man, Sodomite.

I'm scared of Carnies at my gym, Circus folk. Nomads, you know. Smell like Cabbage, small hands.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
main issue with my gym is its roughly 60-70% gay so its just big groups of guys having a chat around the machines not really doing any thing at all. Then they go shower together......i've heard some wrong things in the change rooms.

"how was your day"
"oh im buggered"
"oh really"
"(laughs) but not in a good sense"

i ran out at that point.
Wait a minute....gay ?

As it 'stupid' or 'man loving man' ? Is this some type of exclusive all-gay workout facility ?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, time to find yourself a new gym bromate.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
cuz if it is a gay gym, you better not ask one of them to spot you on bench....or squat ! lol.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Wait a minute....gay ?

As it 'stupid' or 'man loving man' ? Is this some type of exclusive all-gay workout facility ?
Gay as in kissing each other hello. Not a lot of hand shaking going on....

To be honest it is the best gym in the area by a long shot and its reasonably priced. Its 2 minutes walk from my house. i got sick of 20 min bus trips to my old gym which was same price and a lot smaller. You obviously don't need to be gay to join, its just known as a gay gym. At first it was off putting so i didn't join for quite a while but when i went in a had a look around i thought fukc it, this place is better then my last one. I was paying £50/month and the gym did not even have a bench press or squat rack.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Gay as in kissing each other hello. Not a lot of hand shaking going on....

To be honest it is the best gym in the area by a long shot and its reasonably priced. Its 2 minutes walk from my house. i got sick of 20 min bus trips to my old gym which was same price and a lot smaller. You obviously don't need to be gay to join, its just known as a gay gym. At first it was off putting so i didn't join for quite a while but when i went in a had a look around i thought fukc it, this place is better then my last one. I was paying £50/month and the gym did not even have a bench press or squat rack.

My gym I go to is exactly 1 mile away (I actually measured lol). It is also open 24 hrs. EVen at my old gym it had operating hours, but it was also about 1-1.5 miles away.

For me the biggest determinant for going to a gym is the distance first. I'd rather to go a slightly lower end gym that is really close vs. a nicer gym much further away.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
My gym I go to is exactly 1 mile away (I actually measured lol). It is also open 24 hrs. EVen at my old gym it had operating hours, but it was also about 1-1.5 miles away.

For me the biggest determinant for going to a gym is the distance first. I'd rather to go a slightly lower end gym that is really close vs. a nicer gym much further away.
Well not having a bench press or the ability to do squats was a big deterant for me along with the bus trip. Can't beat a 2 minute walk. Especially when i feel like doing morning cardio. Out of bed in in the gym within 10 mins.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is nothing that bothers me more than a group of obnoxious dudes working out together. I usually go to the gym in the afternoon and it's pretty empty, but I had to study for a test yesterday so I didn't get in the gym until about 8pm. There were about five guys all working out together screaming at each other and saying stupid things to get each other "in the zone." One dude yelled, "C'mon man! Let's go! Hurry it up! I'm losing my pump!" I wanted to kick the dude in the nuts for being such a loser. Then the other dude with his 22 inch fatceps got this super serious look on his face and started slinging the weight.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
some interesting choices of expression, is it really about ignorant behaviour or a lil minority bashing. Stating a comment about ignorant behaviour doesnt need a colorful description of race or ethnicity, unless thats the story. asses are asses they come in all colors, they speak every language especially english.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
some interesting choices of expression, is it really about ignorant behaviour or a lil minority bashing. Stating a comment about ignorant behaviour doesnt need a colorful description of race or ethnicity, unless thats the story. asses are asses they come in all colors, they speak every language especially english.
For me I like to blame coincidence :(