Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Disturbed

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Youre bored huh? HA, old one ok def not somethign i can listent o all the time. Disturbed os ok, older stuff is better. They do a fari and respectable job on the cover i think.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not really bored. Just wanted to post some things that could stimulate some conversation.

Its hard for an old guy like me to get any interesting conversation around when I'm not all jacked up on juice, swinging my banana hammock around, pimping or whoring for supplements or posting risque pictures of women my daughters age. But of course there is the old and worn religious debates.

Feel me?

I like the Disturbed version. It is very relevant in the political global world power issues that we have going on of late. I believe that the hard edge that Disturbed put on it makes it more a bold statement than the gentler, kinder original version by Genesis.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like both videos. I like both bands. But seriously, how can you top Genesis?

One thing I really dislike about most remixes is that the cover artist always dwells too my trying to replicate it, as opposed to improvise on it.

I think my favorite remix is "No Quarter" by Tool (originally by Led Zeppelin).

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Pantera does a killer cover of Planet Caravan by Black Sabbath...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Very interesting. I'm a big Zep fan. I have to get in the zone and try it on.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pantera does a killer cover of Planet Caravan by Black Sabbath...
Queensryche just came out today with a cover album called "Take Cover" and they cover Ronnie James Dio era Black Sabbath "Neo Knight". I am a big QR fan and am interested in hearing this myself.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm a big fan of both bands now... DIO has a tremendous ROCK voice!

Speaking of which, have you heard the Killswitch Engage cover of Holy Diver - AWESOME! You have got to check it out if you have not!

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dam i remember that video on Mtv when i was a little kid. I like both versions,i have both on my ipod actually. I was glad Disturbed covered that song,they did a good job.!!!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, it's past my bedtime (but I don't wanna go to bed!) I'll let one of you guys have the honors. ;)

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Wow, I have seen the Genesis video in years. That was a nice blast from the past. :)