Sweat and Smell during a workout

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Sweat and Smell during a workout


    So I made this thread because I have these issues and wondering if anyone else does.

    I sweat 5x more then anyone else in my gym always have and prob always will thats fine with me. Its gross at times esp dripping everywhere and shiit just like in coleman and culters videos.

    But the smell my body generates is gross. I aint sure if its the old clothes i wear always some kinda spandex underwear, some kinda workout shirt long or short sleeeve etc thats causing this smell or just my sweat.

    anyways let the bashing or proper commentary begin !!


  2. Quote Originally Posted by nycste;
    So I made this thread because I have these issues and wondering if anyone else does.

    I sweat 5x more then anyone else in my gym always have and prob always will thats fine with me. Its gross at times esp dripping everywhere and shiit just like in coleman and culters videos.

    But the smell my body generates is gross. I aint sure if its the old clothes i wear always some kinda spandex underwear, some kinda workout shirt long or short sleeeve etc thats causing this smell or just my sweat.

    anyways let the bashing or proper commentary begin !!
    You are not alone.

    The following is a contribution I made on a similar subject on a different thread:

    Protein Causing BO? Recommend a different protein


    The ingestion of different compounds over time produces interactions of these compounds in very subtle metabolic processes. These interactions can trigger subtle "side effects" with cumulative results. These can manifest themselves in the form of body odour. The outcomes are not the same for every individual, even if they had consumed the same agents for the same amount of time.

    Sometimes, though, we fail to realize that body odour is an important indicator and mirror of the overall state and quality of our dietary habits and health. I read somewhere once, that some dogs are specially trained, for instance, to smell cancer in our breath! The same dogs are even able to smell bladder cancer in urine!

    Some experts suggest that we do a so-called 48-Hour Deodorant Abstinence Test. During this period, we should refrain from the use of any deodorants. If after this time peiod we are unable to bear our own body odour, then we have a clear indication that something is very wrong with our dietary habits and lifestyle.

    If you are unhappy with your body odour and are tired of masking it with a deodorant, try changing your dietary habits. The best agents for reducing body odour, by the way, include chlorella, parsley, and the spice cilantro. For cleaning the blood of toxins, chlorophyll is hard to beat. Chlorophyll is, as you know, one of the best compounds for arresting bad breath.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders opinion as a whole.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer82 View Post
    what do you expect? you are a piece of sh*t.
    i knew that was coming...

  4. I sweat a ton, too. Mine doesn't seem to smell bad, though.

  5. it must really be just my old spandex thats been used for years maybe its not.

    next time i do upper body main movements i wont wear any spandex and wear all clean stuff and see what happens. i mean if your sweating a ton it only makes sense to smell.

    most dont sweat much. most dont understand what sweating alot means, i look like someone poured a bucket of water on me at all times during my workouts.

    most peeps dont even break a sweat it pisses me off 1. cuz they arent tring and 2. im a sweat freak of nature
    •   
       


  6. gross....

  7. Do you shower before you work out and after?
    Do you wear deoderent?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by nelix View Post
    Do you shower before you work out and after?
    Do you wear deoderent?
    this cant be a serious question


    this thread i made for serious issues. not some retardd who doesnt shower or use deoderent jesssus

  9. My take is that some of the clothing has been exposed to sweat numerous of times. I have a few shirts that cause this sweat stank, even if it is 1 drop of sweat. So just get yourself some new workout clothing.

    Or

    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer82 View Post
    what do you expect? you are a piece of sh*t.

  10. I sweat but dont stink. I sweat alot. I think that swhy people stare at me sometimes, assuming im on something. I dont mind it though, used to it by now. Its just in the summer it sucks. Sometimes i bring an extra shirt if im nto sure where or what im doing.

  11. OMG this is may just be the easiest thread to slam nyc yet!!!! hahaha. no but 2 things......

    1- yes old clothes will adapt a funk after a period of time. Basketball type shorts tend to more than not.

    2- i heard high protien diets can cause body odor...my workout shirts sometimes give off an amonia type smell?? Cant figure that one out? Mostly when i do a lot of cardio.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

  12. I sweat like hell and I don't stink....anymore.

    I used to wear gloves and they'd start to stink after a few uses, and washing them didn't help. I dealt with it for a while but I haven't used gloves in 5-6 years now.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Dr Packenwood View Post
    I sweat like hell and I don't stink....anymore.

    I used to wear gloves and they'd start to stink after a few uses, and washing them didn't help. I dealt with it for a while but I haven't used gloves in 5-6 years now.
    Oh god my gloves are gross!! I have 3 pairs i rotate as the ones that smell least nasty...untill i wash em'...i spray them with axe body spray often.....lol
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

  14. Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    Oh god my gloves are gross!! I have 3 pairs i rotate as the ones that smell least nasty...untill i wash em'
    What do you wash them in? I could NEVER get mine to not stink. I soaked them in baking soda, let them dry out completely then wash the hell out of them...nothing ever worked.

    I just keep my callouses trimmed and buffed so they don't get torn off.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Dr Packenwood View Post
    What do you wash them in? I could NEVER get mine to not stink. I soaked them in baking soda, let them dry out completely then wash the hell out of them...nothing ever worked.

    I just keep my callouses trimmed and buffed so they don't get torn off.
    no matter how you wash em' they will always still stink!!! trust me...I have really sweaty hands so if i dont wear gloves i'll drop a weight on my face or some sh*t..
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

  16. Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    no matter how you wash em' they will always still stink!!! trust me...I have really sweaty hands so if i dont wear gloves i'll drop a weight on my face or some sh*t..
    Mine always made me smell like I just birthed a cow or something. People 10 feet away would tell me about it, so out of courtesy I stopped wearing them. Kind of like how I try not to fart near the air mover fans that blow directly into the cardio machines. I try real real hard most days.



  17. Quote Originally Posted by Dr Packenwood View Post
    Mine always made me smell like I just birthed a cow or something.

    ..yea it's a rather unique smell they tend to gather.....and when i take em' off my hands smell like leather gone wrong till i wash em' like 6 times.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

  18. You know what stinks....my arm strap for my i pod. Wow every once in a while I get a wiff of it, gross. Just keep buyin new ones since I couldnt figure out how to get the smell out.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by nycste View Post
    this cant be a serious question


    this thread i made for serious issues. not some retardd who doesnt shower or use deoderent jesssus
    I was not trying to upset you, it's an honest question! I see heaps of people walking right past the locker room and just working out...
    Some people don't understand it is important to shower before and after...

    Anyway sorry for upsetting you, I can understand why you would be sensitive about your personal hygiene but I honestly was just trying to help.

  20. How much water do you drink? I heard or read someplace that drinking more water will actually dilute the stench. Another thing that I heard is people become used to the deoderant that they use. Dont know if thats true they all seem to have pretty much the same stuff in them.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by nelix View Post
    I was not trying to upset you, it's an honest question! I see heaps of people walking right past the locker room and just working out...
    Some people don't understand it is important to shower before and after...

    Anyway sorry for upsetting you, I can understand why you would be sensitive about your personal hygiene but I honestly was just trying to help.
    take it easy i was just playing too bro

    i just found it funny, i dont always shower before a workout but i like to do so sometimes...

    im almost positive my smell is based on fact that 1. i sweat more then anyone i know, 2. i always wear years old spandex that once it gets sweat on it seems to smell bad no matter what day it is, and 3. im just a guy who is working his tall off at the gym destroying my body to point where i can barely walk everyday there ! hehe

    really though i wasnt mad or anything at u its all cool

  22. and oddly enough, the smell emanating from your asscrack smells like TripDog.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  23. Try washing your spandex in one of the cleaners for animal urine. It can be safely used in the washer and it has enzymes that will eat the bacteria etc...

  24. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    and oddly enough, the smell emanating from your asscrack smells like TripDog.
    soo tru lol

    Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    Try washing your spandex in one of the cleaners for animal urine. It can be safely used in the washer and it has enzymes that will eat the bacteria etc...
    nice interesting, ill look into this i think thanks

  25. Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    Try washing your spandex in one of the cleaners for animal urine. It can be safely used in the washer and it has enzymes that will eat the bacteria etc...
    Better yet...bathe in it.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Sweating and "hot flashes" during current cycle? Common?
    By StrongAssBack in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-11-2013, 07:39 AM
  2. M1T and Hcg during cycle
    By x2thez53913 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-30-2004, 02:42 PM
  3. sweating and trans. PH's.....
    By sepheus61 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2003, 12:12 PM
  4. Pre/During/Post Workout Nutrition
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 10:16 PM
  5. Pre/During/Post Workout Nutrition
    By Nelson in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2003, 03:40 AM
Log in
Log in