Sweat and Smell during a workout

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
So I made this thread because I have these issues and wondering if anyone else does.

I sweat 5x more then anyone else in my gym always have and prob always will thats fine with me. Its gross at times esp dripping everywhere and shiit just like in coleman and culters videos.

But the smell my body generates is gross. I aint sure if its the old clothes i wear always some kinda spandex underwear, some kinda workout shirt long or short sleeeve etc thats causing this smell or just my sweat.

anyways let the bashing or proper commentary begin !!:hammer:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I made this thread because I have these issues and wondering if anyone else does.

I sweat 5x more then anyone else in my gym always have and prob always will thats fine with me. Its gross at times esp dripping everywhere and shiit just like in coleman and culters videos.

But the smell my body generates is gross. I aint sure if its the old clothes i wear always some kinda spandex underwear, some kinda workout shirt long or short sleeeve etc thats causing this smell or just my sweat.

anyways let the bashing or proper commentary begin !!:hammer:
You are not alone.

The following is a contribution I made on a similar subject on a different thread:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/77737-protein-causing-bo.html

The ingestion of different compounds over time produces interactions of these compounds in very subtle metabolic processes. These interactions can trigger subtle "side effects" with cumulative results. These can manifest themselves in the form of body odour. The outcomes are not the same for every individual, even if they had consumed the same agents for the same amount of time.

Sometimes, though, we fail to realize that body odour is an important indicator and mirror of the overall state and quality of our dietary habits and health. I read somewhere once, that some dogs are specially trained, for instance, to smell cancer in our breath! The same dogs are even able to smell bladder cancer in urine!

Some experts suggest that we do a so-called 48-Hour Deodorant Abstinence Test. During this period, we should refrain from the use of any deodorants. If after this time peiod we are unable to bear our own body odour, then we have a clear indication that something is very wrong with our dietary habits and lifestyle.

If you are unhappy with your body odour and are tired of masking it with a deodorant, try changing your dietary habits. The best agents for reducing body odour, by the way, include chlorella, parsley, and the spice cilantro. For cleaning the blood of toxins, chlorophyll is hard to beat. Chlorophyll is, as you know, one of the best compounds for arresting bad breath.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I sweat a ton, too. Mine doesn't seem to smell bad, though.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
it must really be just my old spandex thats been used for years maybe its not.

next time i do upper body main movements i wont wear any spandex and wear all clean stuff and see what happens. i mean if your sweating a ton it only makes sense to smell.

most dont sweat much. most dont understand what sweating alot means, i look like someone poured a bucket of water on me at all times during my workouts.

most peeps dont even break a sweat it pisses me off 1. cuz they arent tring and 2. im a sweat freak of nature

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Do you shower before you work out and after?
Do you wear deoderent?

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Do you shower before you work out and after?
Do you wear deoderent?
this cant be a serious question

this thread i made for serious issues. not some retardd who doesnt shower or use deoderent jesssus

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
My take is that some of the clothing has been exposed to sweat numerous of times. I have a few shirts that cause this sweat stank, even if it is 1 drop of sweat. So just get yourself some new workout clothing.

Or

what do you expect? you are a piece of sh*t. :toofunny:

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I sweat but dont stink. I sweat alot. I think that swhy people stare at me sometimes, assuming im on something. I dont mind it though, used to it by now. Its just in the summer it sucks. Sometimes i bring an extra shirt if im nto sure where or what im doing.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
OMG this is may just be the easiest thread to slam nyc yet!!!! hahaha. no but 2 things......

1- yes old clothes will adapt a funk after a period of time. Basketball type shorts tend to more than not.

2- i heard high protien diets can cause body odor...my workout shirts sometimes give off an amonia type smell?? Cant figure that one out? Mostly when i do a lot of cardio.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I sweat like hell and I don't stink....anymore.

I used to wear gloves and they'd start to stink after a few uses, and washing them didn't help. I dealt with it for a while but I haven't used gloves in 5-6 years now.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I sweat like hell and I don't stink....anymore.

I used to wear gloves and they'd start to stink after a few uses, and washing them didn't help. I dealt with it for a while but I haven't used gloves in 5-6 years now.
Oh god my gloves are gross!! I have 3 pairs i rotate as the ones that smell least nasty...untill i wash em'...i spray them with axe body spray often.....lol

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Oh god my gloves are gross!! I have 3 pairs i rotate as the ones that smell least nasty...untill i wash em'
What do you wash them in? I could NEVER get mine to not stink. I soaked them in baking soda, let them dry out completely then wash the hell out of them...nothing ever worked.

I just keep my callouses trimmed and buffed so they don't get torn off.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do you wash them in? I could NEVER get mine to not stink. I soaked them in baking soda, let them dry out completely then wash the hell out of them...nothing ever worked.

I just keep my callouses trimmed and buffed so they don't get torn off.
no matter how you wash em' they will always still stink!!! trust me...I have really sweaty hands so if i dont wear gloves i'll drop a weight on my face or some sh*t..

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
no matter how you wash em' they will always still stink!!! trust me...I have really sweaty hands so if i dont wear gloves i'll drop a weight on my face or some sh*t..
Mine always made me smell like I just birthed a cow or something. People 10 feet away would tell me about it, so out of courtesy I stopped wearing them. Kind of like how I try not to fart near the air mover fans that blow directly into the cardio machines. I try real real hard most days.

:twisted:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mine always made me smell like I just birthed a cow or something.

:twisted:
:toofunny: ..yea it's a rather unique smell they tend to gather.....and when i take em' off my hands smell like leather gone wrong till i wash em' like 6 times.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You know what stinks....my arm strap for my i pod. Wow every once in a while I get a wiff of it, gross. Just keep buyin new ones since I couldnt figure out how to get the smell out.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
this cant be a serious question

this thread i made for serious issues. not some retardd who doesnt shower or use deoderent jesssus
I was not trying to upset you, it's an honest question! I see heaps of people walking right past the locker room and just working out...
Some people don't understand it is important to shower before and after...

Anyway sorry for upsetting you, I can understand why you would be sensitive about your personal hygiene but I honestly was just trying to help.

shortblock

Awards
How much water do you drink? I heard or read someplace that drinking more water will actually dilute the stench. Another thing that I heard is people become used to the deoderant that they use. Dont know if thats true they all seem to have pretty much the same stuff in them.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
I was not trying to upset you, it's an honest question! I see heaps of people walking right past the locker room and just working out...
Some people don't understand it is important to shower before and after...

Anyway sorry for upsetting you, I can understand why you would be sensitive about your personal hygiene but I honestly was just trying to help.
take it easy i was just playing too bro

i just found it funny, i dont always shower before a workout but i like to do so sometimes...

im almost positive my smell is based on fact that 1. i sweat more then anyone i know, 2. i always wear years old spandex that once it gets sweat on it seems to smell bad no matter what day it is, and 3. im just a guy who is working his tall off at the gym destroying my body to point where i can barely walk everyday there ! hehe

really though i wasnt mad or anything at u its all cool

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
and oddly enough, the smell emanating from your asscrack smells like TripDog.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Try washing your spandex in one of the cleaners for animal urine. It can be safely used in the washer and it has enzymes that will eat the bacteria etc...

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
and oddly enough, the smell emanating from your asscrack smells like TripDog.
soo tru lol

Try washing your spandex in one of the cleaners for animal urine. It can be safely used in the washer and it has enzymes that will eat the bacteria etc...
:thumbsup: nice interesting, ill look into this i think thanks

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Better yet...bathe in it.

sildron

Awards
Just a little speculation here but I am sort of surprised that I have yet to see mention that ammonia is used as a refrigerant and as a constituent of sweat should greatly increase the cooling ability of sweat. I can't say for certain but I suspect that I am more prone to produce the ammonia smell when I do deadlifts and squats. These are majorie heat producers. I also notice the ammonia sweat when a workout towel or shirt has been balled up and I move it. Pockets of ammonia gas get released making it a more intense smell than is coming off the skin.

Varying salt content of sweat should allow another level of control of heat dissipation. Keeping in mind that the body is jostling hydration and cooling priorities and ammonia allows less water loss for a given heat exchange .

Granted....pure speculation. I'm not an expert or educated beyond the 2nd grade.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Waking this thread back up cuz why not...

1. Still defiently have this issue but then again I workout in the same workout clothes everyweek I tend to change my tshirt everytime but I'm starting to also think it's just anything you have once sweat hardcore in will always retain some weird smell unless there is a magical fix.

Only one post here responded to using a animal pee cleaning type product.

Any other suggestions

1. My hats totally possibly reek the most even one use of them directly after being washed and sweat in the same smell comes right back.

I rarely use "gym" clothes instead just typical random other clothes that gets demoted to gym clothes.

And since I'm not a girl and I don't wear an entire 10oz of spandex that weight 5oz soaking wet instead my clothes weigh I'd guess lbs heavier so again anyone who works out like me is welcome to comment if you say do you shower or wear deodorant I just gotta shake my head because your missing the point of this thread.

It's not my body is my clothes. I sweat many do but it's the clothes that are either just permanently stinky once they get sweat in again as if the hidden chemicals are stuck in the fabrics and wake up once soaked with sweat again.

La la la sup people I'm back on the forums will start making appearances

I am curious most about how people clean their hats I know some use the same hats everyday it looks like how the heck you keep it clean? Or do I just have famous magical sweat?

On this note I just threw out one of my old hoodies that's about 12 years old it started to fall apart to much so I said goodbye after one last gym session.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
It has been recommended to me to use baking soda as well as white vinegar dosage varies as does doing your own laundry at home vs using a public location things a lot of people also don't consider but im glad this person messaged me and sharing it with the rest of the world reading this... or maybe all 12 of them hah

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Alright noticed something new and interesting and I would love some feedback on the matter.....

This smell I am referring to is not the typical O I just worked out I smell weird or bad its a more gross smell that I noticed from the start of my workout which leads me to believe its either 1. my sweat or 2. the second my sweat mostiens my "gym clothes" the smell starts

anyways this leads me to explain that in my last 3 workouts which I have been drenched done nothing different except one thing...

I finally finished my tubs of Controlled labs green magnitude which was for years my favorite simple creatine workout type powder and I was also using bulk citruline malate both of which were expired but can anyone at least scientifically comment on anything in these two products that would produce an odd smell or build one in my system(body)....

I have since continued using some bulk powders i have (aminos, bcaa, taurine, leucine, betaalinae, etc)

wanted to update because if this smell was simply from a product i was using that would be great news!!!!!