Taxi Driver

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Started re-watching Taxi Driver again before work this morning. Such a great film, it seems so cliche to like it now adays since Travis' character has become a cult icon, but the character development and themes hold up today just as well as they did in the 70s. Any fans out there?

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Probably one of the biggest disappointments i've had when it comes to movies (Oceans 13 i saw last wkend was junk). It was incredibly boring. I just didn't like it at all. I saw it in the dvd shop for bout £3 and i thought that it was a famous movie it must be good. I think it sucked.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Well you are an Aussie which is the earth's taint....

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
If you don't like Taxi Driver you probably don't like Easy Rider either and are therefore probably communist and are therefore likely to vote for Hillary, which means you probably should go back and watch Taxi Driver just to be sure. Or you're from Australia... ;)

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I found the moments that are slower in the movie to establish the characters as being real people, the acting is much more believable than the big blockbuster movies we see so often. Every scene is played very subtly to allow you some insight into De Niro's character. The problem you had with the pacing AM is the exact reason I figured most people wouldnt have liked the flick, Id be amazed if I could ever get my wife to watch it

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
I found the moments that are slower in the movie to establish the characters as being real people, the acting is much more believable than the big blockbuster movies we see so often. Every scene is played very subtly to allow you some insight into De Niro's character. The problem you had with the pacing AM is the exact reason I figured most people wouldnt have liked the flick, Id be amazed if I could ever get my wife to watch it
well said

I'm a fan.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
If you don't like Taxi Driver you probably don't like Easy Rider either and are therefore probably communist and are therefore likely to vote for Hillary, which means you probably should go back and watch Taxi Driver just to be sure. Or you're from Australia... ;)
I couldn't give a toss about your president. Who ever it is will be rubbish just like the current one..........but we for some reason we will follow suit to keep your government happy. God know's why.