Pet cat ends up Python Meal

earlyriser73

earlyriser73

Awards
CAIRNS, AUSTRALIA: Cairns resident January Clay got the shock of her life when she saw her fully-grown cat disappearing down the throat of a 3m python.

She had let the cat outside about 5.30am (AEDT) yesterday morning and when she went to check on it 30 minutes later made the gruesome discovery.

"When I came out of the house the cat's legs were hanging out of its mouth," she told The Cairns Post .

"I knew there were snakes about, but I never expected one to come into my yard."

Ms Clay only moved to Redlynch four months ago and had not seen a snake in the outdoor area before.

Despite her sadness at seeing her five-year-old pet killed by the python, she was not upset at the snake.

"It's just nature, he was just doing what he normally does. My cat was in the wrong place at the wrong time."

The python eventually left of its own accord.

Ms Clay's attitude is in stark contrast with some other Cairns residents, who have recently played a role in bludgeoning several native species including pythons and a crocodile to death.

Tropical Wildlife Protection president Anthea McAllan applauded Ms Clay's actions.

"I definitely do commend her for not doing anything to the snake," Ms McAllan said.

"They've got their place in the ecosystem and it's important that we respect that."

She said the best thing to do was to keep cats indoors or build a snake proof enclosure to avoid such a tragic event.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I see nothing wrong with eating a lil pussy myself...