Military Losses over the last 20 years

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I run a firearms board (with the help of several very good staff members) One of our members posted the following. I was very surprised and wanted to pass it on.
=================================================

I found this on a message board for Marines I visit on a regular basis. In no way should this be interpreted as an attempt to make light of the loss of life of our guys and gals who have made the ultimate sacrifice or those who are putting themselves in harms way; however, I think it is important to keep things in perspective. That is why I think this is interesting:

Subject: Military losses for over 20 years

Forward this to all of your intelligent friends. The biased ones will never believe it is not reporting all the facts a form of Media Bias?

Here are some interesting statistics.
These are some rather eye-opening facts: Since the start of the war on terror in Iraq and Afghanistan, the sacrifice has been enormous. In the time period from the invasion of Iraq in March 2003 through now, we have lost over 3000 military personnel to enemy action and accidents. As tragic as the loss of any member of the US Armed Forces is, consider the following statistics: Here are annual fatalities of military members while actively serving in the armed forces from 1980 through 2006:
1980 ............2,392
1981 ............2,380
1984 ...........1,999
1988 ...........1,819
1989 ...........1,636
1990 ...........1,508
1991 ...........1,787
1992 ...........1,293
1993 ...........1,213
1994 ...........1,075
1995 ...........2,465
1996 ..........2,318 Clinton years @14,000 deaths
1997 ..............817
1998 ...........2,252
1999 ...........1,984
2000 ...........1,983
2001 ..............890
2002 ...........1,007
2003 ...........1,410
2004 ...........1,887
2005 ..............919

If you are confused when you look at these figures...so was I.

Do these figures mean that the loss from the two latest conflicts in the Middle East are LESS than the loss of military personnel during Mr. Clinton's presidency; when America wasn't even involved in a war? And, I was even more confused; when I read that in 1980, during the reign of President (Nobel Peace Prize) Jimmy Carter, there were 2,392 US military fatalities!

These figures indicate that many of our Media & Politicians will pick and choose. They present only those reporting. Why do so many of them march in lock-step to twist the truth. Where do so many of them get their marching-orders for their agenda?

Our Mainstream Print and TV media, and many Politicians like to slant; that these brave men and women, who are losing their lives in Iraq, are mostly minorities! Wrong AGAIN--- just one more media lie! The latest census, of Americans, shows the following distribution of American citizens, by Race:
European descent (White) .............69.12%
Hispanic ...........................................12.50%
Black..................................................12.30%
Asian ...................................................3.70%
Native American ................................1.00%
Other ...................................................2.60%

Now here are the fatalities by Race; over the past three years in Operation Iraqi Freedom:

European descent (white) .......... 74.31%
Hispanic ....................................... 10.74%
Black ................................................9.67%
Asian ....................................... ……1.81%
Native American .............................1.09%
Other ................................................0.33%

You do the Math! These figures don't lie... but, Media-liars figure...and they sway public opinion!These statistics are published by Congressional Research Service, and they may be confirmed by anyone at:
www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL32492.pdf )

Now ask yourself these two questions:Why does the mainstream Print and TV Media never print statistics like these?
And why do we have to find out this information on the web?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
That's pretty interesting and I wouldn't have expected that to be the case. I know with Clinton we had the Balkan War issue and we were involved in Somalia. We also had the first Iraq war but I would've guessed that we have lost more people from Bush Jr's administration that in Clinton and Bush Sr's admin's combined.