Wireless Connection Problem

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Why is it that everytime I play a video (for ex. a youtube video), my wireless connection stops...then sorta comes on and off as the video is downloaded?

Is there a way to prevent this? It's annoying...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Depends on your connection....Also it might be that many people are viewing the same video as you. Lots of different issues. I once watched a whole Family Guy episode with no problems. Then right after I tried to watch American Dad and it kept hanging, or skipping....Thats what you mean right?. Or do you mean you actually lose your wireless connection and have to re-connect?...I myself am thinking of getting a wirless adapter and just disabling the built in one, but thats another issue all together.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Depends on your connection....Also it might be that many people are viewing the same video as you. Lots of different issues. I once watched a whole Family Guy episode with no problems. Then right after I tried to watch American Dad and it kept hanging, or skipping....Thats what you mean right?. Or do you mean you actually lose your wireless connection and have to re-connect?...I myself am thinking of getting a wirless adapter and just disabling the built in one, but thats another issue all together.
Yeah, but it seems its my actual connection going out. A pop up that says internet connection lost displays randomly as the video downloads. So I am unable to visit other tabs in firefox. I also just noticed that it says my wireless connection is "poor". And I am maybe 10 yards from my router.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah, but it seems its my actual connection going out. A pop up that says internet connection lost displays randomly as the video downloads. So I am unable to visit other tabs in firefox. I also just noticed that it says my wireless connection is "poor". And I am maybe 10 yards from my router.
It might also be interference. Do you live in an apartment building?. Is this more of an intermitent problem?. Try watching a video at 2am and see if the same thing happens. Really though, it could be anything...

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It might also be interference. Do you live in an apartment building?. Is this more of an intermitent problem?. Try watching a video at 2am and see if the same thing happens. Really though, it could be anything...
Nope in a house. And I just looked at all the wireless signals available and there is only one other. Its a neighbor about two houses down and their signal is stronger then my own! wtf...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Nope in a house. And I just looked at all the wireless signals available and there is only one other. Its a neighbor about two houses down and their signal is stronger then my own! wtf...

Try changing your channel to a different one than your neighbor uses. Just a hunch on my part though....So many possibilities.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sweet. Just changed channels and my connection strength went from 25% to 45%! Makin progress...