So many people on this board...

  1. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,633
    Answers
    0

    So many people on this board...


    I thought of posting this before. Today I'm being pretty lazy so I guess I will post it today. So many people seem to be obessed with body image in here. I could see if you are an actual bodybuilder or model, but otherwise....Even so I just despise people like that. Nothing against anyone here, just posting my thoughts, because this is message board where thoughts and opinions should be posted,


  2. Registered User
    toughchick401's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,299
    Answers
    0

    I think perhaps you have a point, BUT i think most of us are here to gain help, support, and to make our bodies better for no one else but us....Working out is a lifestyle, a healthy life style with the perks of well, looking good, the world is full of vain people, and people on this board who work damn hard to make the gains they make.....while looking for the support, and education to help them reach the goals they set...........

    I guess my question to you would be, why are you here?and like you said, just posting my thoughts...........
    RIP Ryan, :(
  3. Gate Keeper
    jminis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,023
    Answers
    0

    Well Tbone this is a bodybuilding board. People come to share and learn about changing there appearence. Hence bodybuilding.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,633
    Answers
    0

    I am not a bodybuilder. Mostly I come here to view reviews of supplements and learn about new ones. I don't spend much on supplements so I like to read thoughts about new supplements that people have used before I purchase. I came to this board a long time back to learn more about pro-hormones when there were actually some good ones still legal. I started this thread just to get some viewpoints from different users on how they feel about the subject stated in my first post of the thread. To me, I think it is a good conversation started and will be an interesting thread. Don't anyone take it the wrong way. Its not that I am "flaming", sometimes it just takes something controversial to get things going.
  5. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,114
    Answers
    0

    i dont get it. if you arent a bodybuilder what are you? You look for supplements and prohormones but why then?
  6. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,633
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    i dont get it. if you arent a bodybuilder what are you? You look for supplements and prohormones but why then?
    bod·y·build·ing (bŏd'ē-bĭldĭng)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    noun
    The process of developing the musculature of the body through specific types of diet and physical exercise, such as weightlifting, especially for competitive exhibition.


    I'm just a guy who likes to lift heavy weights, eat right, and stay healthy. Bodybuilders typically try to get down to extremely low bodyfat levels to enter competition, shave all their bodyhair, go tanning. Follow typical Cut & Bulk diets, "cutting" in season before their shows, and Bulking durning the "Off season". This does not describe myself. I have no desire to enter any type of comptition and don't shave my body hair or go tanning. I believe in staying healthy, and a typical bodybuilder in my personal opinion is not healty, expecially in pre-contest condition.
  7. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone;
    bod·y·build·ing (bŏd'ē-bĭldĭng)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    noun
    The process of developing the musculature of the body through specific types of diet and physical exercise, such as weightlifting, especially for competitive exhibition.


    I'm just a guy who likes to lift heavy weights, eat right, and stay healthy. Bodybuilders typically try to get down to extremely low bodyfat levels to enter competition, shave all their bodyhair, go tanning. Follow typical Cut & Bulk diets, "cutting" in season before their shows, and Bulking durning the "Off season". This does not describe myself. I have no desire to enter any type of comptition and don't shave my body hair or go tanning. I believe in staying healthy, and a typical bodybuilder in my personal opinion is not healty, expecially in pre-contest condition.
    Perhaps, we should strike a distinction between professional (competitive) bodybuilders and non-professional ones. Non-professional bodybuilders can do the things you do!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  8. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,633
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Perhaps, we should strike a distinction between professional (competitive) bodybuilders and non-professional ones. Non-professional bodybuilders can do the things you do!

    Well I guess it is all in how you look at things.
  9. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,700
    Answers
    0

    MANY people on this board, self included do not consider themselves bodybuilders for many of the reasons you stated, TB. However I often find myself using the term "recreational bber" when describing what I do to others.

    I certainly have no desire to compete. My big swings in bulking and cutting are over, but I DO use many of the principles used in competitive BBing to better my health and physique though many of my interests lie more in alternative/complimentary/prevantative medicine.

    I agree that real-deal bbers are not healthy. Period. No matter how perfect the diet is, hypercalorism coupled with excessive androgen and HGH use is a one way ticket to an early grave. A lot of guys are hypersensitive about that fact..but I dare them to prove me wrong.

    Done in moderation, I think the BBing lifestyle is healthy..some people simply have skewed visions of what moderation really is though.
  10. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,114
    Answers
    0

    its all in what you think a bodybuilder is. I think anyone that is trying to improve or alter their body to their own liking is a bodybuilder. Hence, body - build. This does not mean you have to build muscle or get bigger its just you use excersize as a way to improve your body.

    I think you just have a disliking for more "hardcore" bodybuilders or pro's. I would still classify you as a bodybuilder just a normal joe schmo stay healthy type.
  11. Registered User
    Dr Packenwood's Avatar
    Stats
    7'5"  600 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,257
    Answers
    0

    I would say a body builder could be some one that isn't the norm in society. Whether its to a small or large degree.

    When I go out with my girlfriend, she notices (I don't) that a lot of people look at me. (She tells me every time she sees it happening) I'm no Charles Atlas, but I don't look like the typical Wal*Mart shopper either. So, I guess I would consider myself a bodybuilder. That and people ask me if I 1) lift weights and 2) use steroids.
  12. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,329
    Answers
    0

    I don't consider myself a BBer for the simple fact that I don't want to compete. I just like being big and with a decent BF level so I can look good. I also remain physically active for the health benefits and have become increasingly more interested in health and anti-aging supps than BBing supps lately so I can hit on 25-30 year old hotties when I'm 40
  13. Registered User
    natedogg's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,415
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    I don't consider myself a BBer for the simple fact that I don't want to compete. I just like being big and with a decent BF level so I can look good. I also remain physically active for the health benefits and have become increasingly more interested in health and anti-aging supps than BBing supps lately so I can hit on 25-30 year old hotties when I'm 40

    Just admit it, you do it for the chicks. I would consider myself a bodybuilder. I lift weights not only for health reasons, but to look good too. I've also had fleeting thoughts of competing. I just hate the idea of dieting...and ridding my body of all this damn hair!
  14. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,329
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by natedogg View Post
    Just admit it, you do it for the chicks. I would consider myself a bodybuilder. I lift weights not only for health reasons, but to look good too. I've also had fleeting thoughts of competing. I just hate the idea of dieting...and ridding my body of all this damn hair!
    Well, I'll be honest. 99.99% of it is for the chicks
  15. Registered User
    natedogg's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,415
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    Well, I'll be honest. 99.99% of it is for the chicks
    Fat chicks that is. Most of the time they don't care anyways. They'll take what they can get. lol.
  16. Registered User
    PumpYouUp's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    415
    Answers
    0

    Damn it! Id be pissed and probably throw up if I found a vein in my hotdog too T bone! :hot:
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Why so many people on TRT?
    By kinghenry6 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-06-2014, 12:01 PM
  2. any medical doctors on this board?
    By LakeMountD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 11:51 PM
  3. BAD ADVICE ON THIS BOARD !
    By Lifter_1976 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2005, 05:31 AM
  4. are there any women on this board?
    By hamper19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-18-2003, 11:09 AM
  5. ages on this board
    By sage in forum General Chat
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 11-24-2002, 10:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in