Just got shook by a Quake !

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Hello fellow AM members. I just felt that 5.6 quake (San Jose) and all I gotta say is thank god for modern buildings and me not being on a ladder ! It wasn't like the '89 quake but this one packed a little punch. I lost 2 plates and 1 glass. If we were in some 3rd world country this could have been bad.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Hello fellow AM members. I just felt that 5.6 quake (San Jose) and all I gotta say is thank god for modern buildings and me not being on a ladder ! It wasn't like the '89 quake but this one packed a little punch. I lost 2 plates and 1 glass. If we were in some 3rd world country this could have been bad.
Glad you're safe....been through a lot of quakes myself.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Californias weather is kind of a lure.
Beautiful weather.....mud slides, earthquakes, Grey Davis, and fires come with it.

I have to admit, the 2 weeks I spent in San Diego was the best vacation I've ever been on, and it was mostly due to the weather.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Earthquakes are crazy things.

What's amazing to me is that the Richtor Scale, which measure quakes, is reported in log base 32! So, between any two whole integers (5 and 6 for example) the quake is 32 times stronger! E.G. Between a 2 and a 7 for example that's the same as a 32^5 difference, or about 33 million times stronger.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Earthquakes are crazy things.

What's amazing to me is that the Richtor Scale, which measure quakes, is reported in log base 32! So, between any two whole integers (5 and 6 for example) the quake is 32 times stronger! E.G. Between a 2 and a 7 for example that's the same as a 32^5 difference, or about 33 million times stronger.
I believe it. The '89 quake was frightening, especially since I was 8 when it occurred. This one scared the sh!t out of me momentarily because I knew right away and I began to think it would get much worse but it calmed down rather quickly. I did the good old duck and cover. All I heard is my neighbor's little daughter scream and my plates and glass as they shattered on the floor. Like I said, I'm glad I wasn't on a freaking ladder because I always get on that ladder when I go to my parents' house and clean their windows.

IIRC, 70 people died in the '89 quake which was 7.0. I don't think anyone died during this one but maybe there will be a couple of injuries reported later on.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
not to many of them in new jersey....lol
or new hampshire :) when i lived in daytona beach i had my share of hurricanes(that was some insane stuff!!)

swanee609

swanee609

Awards
we got a tourado one time hah long time ago tho..other than that we get nothing.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
or new hampshire :) when i lived in daytona beach i had my share of hurricanes(that was some insane stuff!!)
ya they are no joke. we have a tropical storm sitting right under us at the moment........it should miss us though.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ya they are no joke. we have a tropical storm sitting right under us at the moment........it should miss us though.
bro i was seriously thinking i was gonna get blown away or some sh*t. One of the 04 hurricanes i was sitting in my car smoking a "j" and thought the world was ending.....hahaha good times.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
bro i was seriously thinking i was gonna get blown away or some sh*t. One of the 04 hurricanes i was sitting in my car smoking a "j" and thought the world was ending.....hahaha good times.
:toofunny: i bet you felt that wind!

swanee609

swanee609

Awards
lol..:toofunny:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
LMFAO, at least you have a warning with hurricanes. You could be on a ladder and next thing you know the earth is fvckin moving and you can't even move better than a drunk sorority girl LOL.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
not to many of them in new jersey....lol
Yeah, but comparing the REST of Jersey's downfalls, I think I will take earthquakes. :)

/no guidos in Cali.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but comparing the REST of Jersey's downfalls, I think I will take earthquakes. :)

/no guidos in Cali.
LOL that's true about the guidos in Cali. I see one every now and then which makes them stick out like sore thumbs and further highlights their stupidity :)