Figure friendly clothing, share your fav places

NAS

NAS

Awards
As I get bigger I have a hell of a time finding clothes that fit good around the shoulders and mid section, everything that is XL seems to be made for guys that have a larger stomach than chest, its really anoying to go clothes shopping, 3 hours turns up like 3 shirts. I even had to go up to XXL for this jacket I just got to fit my shoulders bit I swim in it around the waist. Anyone have places that they have found clothing that works for us?? please share

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
I have one hell of a time finding anything that fits my arms. I very large and long monkey arms. My waist is 32 inches and im 6ft3. Sleeves for xxx shirts fit perfect but the body hangs down way to long and looks sloppy.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subscribed...I have been looking for a decent brand that is tapered down to someone that wears a 32, but can accomodate 18 1/2 inch arms without looking stupid.

Also, side question:

I have a design for a button down collared shirt made from an underarmour blend. While it is coming into winter, there is nothing more annoying to me than pulling off my suit coat to expose pitstained shirts (and I hate undershirts). If these were well tailored and designed, would they be appealing?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subscribed...I have been looking for a decent brand that is tapered down to someone that wears a 32, but can accomodate 18 1/2 inch arms without looking stupid.

Also, side question:

I have a design for a button down collared shirt made from an underarmour blend. While it is coming into winter, there is nothing more annoying to me than pulling off my suit coat to expose pitstained shirts (and I hate undershirts). If these were well tailored and designed, would they be appealing?
Yes they would :)

I think the nutraplanet shirts as well should be available as a a wicking fabric. for all of the different supplement companies here, I can't recall any that has shirts in anything but plain t-shirt materials.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Gotta start doing what Jay Cutler is doing. Every single shirt needs to be sleeveless.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
When I drop $100+ for a shirt, I'll buy it to fit my shoulders/lats, then have my mom tailor it to my waist since its kind of along the lines of her hobby/interest. I've found very few factory tailored shirts in my area, let alone shirts tailored to what I need.

Tonight actually I wore an Anchor Blue dress shirt (XL) and my girl heard stitches creak as I reached for the seat belt in my truck.

I think most clothing nowdays is tailored for Generation Wal*Mart. Not X shaped people, but people shaped like the letter O.

For the last few years its been mostly XL wife beaters, and XL Hanes plain white tee shirts 7 days a week. I love my UA sleeveless, but at XXL it still fits funny. They either need to make it a true XXL or make an XXXL.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
How tall are you? I'm about your waist and arm size and American Eagle actually fits me quite well. Personally I like the fashion fit shirts (tighter in the chest and arms, but not too loose around the waist at all). I order from them all the time. Their shirts go up to XXXL and they also have tall sizes. The clothes are inexpensive and comfortable (to me). Just a thought.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the without looking stupid part might be a problem for dsade either way

tattoopierced1

some express shirts fit nicely around the midsection and waist. Other than that, I'm in the same boat, hard to find clothes..

jeans are a ***** to find for me, worse than shirts are. 36x36 extra loose are the only ones that seem to fit nice and those are hard to come by.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you looked at "ethnic" brands like roca, ecko, akademic, etc? they are cut extra loose in thighs + ass

tattoopierced1

Have you looked at "ethnic" brands like roca, ecko, akademic, etc? they are cut extra loose in thighs + ass
I would if most of them didnt have all kinds of patches, etc.. all over them.. i dont like the look of "street thug"

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How tall are you? I'm about your waist and arm size and American Eagle actually fits me quite well. Personally I like the fashion fit shirts (tighter in the chest and arms, but not too loose around the waist at all). I order from them all the time. Their shirts go up to XXXL and they also have tall sizes. The clothes are inexpensive and comfortable (to me). Just a thought.
I'm 5'9".

I remember having this red button down that was tapered beautifully...but can't recall the name.

I think I will ebay browse and see if I can remember.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
I was in germany about a year ago.. bought some shirts.. all were broad shoulder with a wider neck than what you would find in the usa so i didnt feel like i had a midget strangling me all day

also all were tapered so they fit comfortably around my waist.

its funny... usa clothing tailors to fat people. looks like europe is more interested in appealing to the rest of us.

ALSO... anyone notice some shirt sizes changed recently? Usually a medium is snug and a large is somewhat loose on me.
I just bought a medium and was floating around in it. I know they have done this in the past so fat people dont have to buy XXXL.. they just change the sizes so people feel 'better' about the letter on the label... BS!!

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I'm 5'9".

I remember having this red button down that was tapered beautifully...but can't recall the name.

I think I will ebay browse and see if I can remember.
I'm wondering if its the same one a buddy of mine has. He had one in blue and one in red and they fit him like a damn glove, and I'm standing next to him looking like I'm wearing a Coleman tent for a shirt.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Yea im not huge but i wear larges and they are a lil tight. I notice sometimes when a shirt fits well it just hangs staright after my chest instead of tapering a bit. I hate freakin jeans. Try out Dickies if you dont mind the look/material. They are loose and nice looking. I have jeans but they are to snug on the thighs and to long.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
UPDATE I just got my latest NP order. Inside was an NP shirt! I was sad when I looked at the tag and it said "L" though.

I put it on and holy **** this thing fits really well! Tight in the shoulders, and is extra long. If I wash it in cold, and don't dry it, it shouldn't shrink. Looks like I have a new favorite shirt to wear.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
UPDATE I just got my latest NP order. Inside was an NP shirt! I was sad when I looked at the tag and it said "L" though.

I put it on and holy **** this thing fits really well! Tight in the shoulders, and is extra long. If I wash it in cold, and don't dry it, it shouldn't shrink. Looks like I have a new favorite shirt to wear.
I agree. My NP shirt fits perfect. absolutly love rockin it at school and the gym.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
i get my clothes from lane bryant. the stretch pants are quite comfortable

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i get my clothes from lane bryant. the stretch pants are quite comfortable
Goes great with a pair of comfortable shoes from the Nurse's Supply Store.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
damn fat americans.....ruining the clothes for us fit people. :frustrate

guess i have no choice but to work on filling out my midsection. :donut:

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
damn fat americans.....ruining the clothes for us fit people. :frustrate

guess i have no choice but to work on filling out my midsection. :donut:
haha i remember in Trips thread when someone called you a abercrombie & biotch...haha sorry....

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
I was in germany about a year ago.. bought some shirts.. all were broad shoulder with a wider neck than what you would find in the usa so i didnt feel like i had a midget strangling me all day

also all were tapered so they fit comfortably around my waist.

its funny... usa clothing tailors to fat people. looks like europe is more interested in appealing to the rest of us.

ALSO... anyone notice some shirt sizes changed recently? Usually a medium is snug and a large is somewhat loose on me.
I just bought a medium and was floating around in it. I know they have done this in the past so fat people dont have to buy XXXL.. they just change the sizes so people feel 'better' about the letter on the label... BS!!
Or maybe you just got smaller? :p

:run:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bump to a decent brand of jeans...my legs aren't hyoooge, but by the time I put my cell phone, wallet, and keys in my pockets the jeans are tight around my ass, thighs, and crotch even if the waist is loose! I hate it when I put on a belt and the waist is bunched up.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Yea i feel ya. When i bought a new phone i got a thin one so i could manage. My keys are annoying and i hate the wallet back there, always take it out when you sit too.

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
I gave up guys. Either the clothes make me look fat, or are too tight on my shoulders....

So ive gone latex.

Shows off my bod nicely.
Nice and tight in the "right places"
Keeps me feeling "pumped" all day
Smooth texture really helps me slide in and out of tight spaces....

Throw in some lube and im ready to rock.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I gave up guys. Either the clothes make me look fat, or are too tight on my shoulders....

So ive gone latex.

Shows off my bod nicely.
Nice and tight in the "right places"
Keeps me feeling "pumped" all day
Smooth texture really helps me slide in and out of tight spaces....

Throw in some lube and im ready to rock.
funny you mention it, dsade has been working on that

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just bought some real nice long sleeve knit shirts from Eddie Bauer. They are a little long for me since I'm only 5'8", but they fit real well other than that.

As for jeans, I found a nice pair at the GAP. It's the Loose Fit style. I bought them a little bigger in the wasit. They fit good, and I have a big butt. It's pretty much the only pair I wear now. I have to find some more.

Other than that, I know exactly how you guys feel. It's a problem, but I guess it's a good problem.

I have a hard time finding nice fitting t-shirts. I don't have a big neck so sometimes the neck is huge, but it's real tight around the arms and chest. Looks stupid. That's why I love the winter. I can fit real well into larger clothes and knits, yet you can still tell I lift. I'm not a guy that really likes to show off. If you're big, you can't really hide it anyhow.

I'm started to add in some cardio and fixed up my diet a little to get rid of the fat I put on during my bulk. When you naturally gain 15 lbs in 8 weeks, there's no way it's all muscle. I'm also getting ready to start training to be a 50m sprinter. We'll see where I'll be shopping in a few months.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice Xodus. I'm gonna have to buy some nice shirts here in a minute. When im just doing whatever I dont really care what I look like. I'll rock my XXL t-shirt.

I'm only 5'9" so I look short and fat but I dont really care. Infact most of my class mates think I'm one of those fat kids who workouts or whatever and is stil fat. That's until i wear a cut off or a smaller shirt from HS, then its :bb3:. Makes me feel kinda cool,lol.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
damn, I can't hit you with reps again yet xodus, but that custom shirt site is spectacular! i'm definitely ordering from them when I am ready to

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
damn, I can't hit you with reps again yet xodus, but that custom shirt site is spectacular! i'm definitely ordering from them when I am ready to
No worries.

I'm just glad Denver is soo relaxed in attire that I don't have to wear a shirt and tie anymore ( I get to wear T-shirts to the office!). I have a full closet of dress clothes that will not see the light of day for awhile.

Jeans are another story...

X

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wear shorts and tshirts about 85% of the year as our office is remote...

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
I wear shorts and tshirts about 85% of the year as our office is remote...

Funny actually, because I find that most casual t-shirts by fruit of the loom fit really well.

Xpress for me is also a good reference for nice semi-casual/formal clothing.

Oh and bestcustomershirts, is a great store ( i think that was posted earlier) definately have a few items from there.

Last edited:
NAS

NAS

Awards
awsome this is exactly where I wanted this discussion to go, I was suprised to see all the replies, havnt been on in a few days. Xodus thats a sweet link thanks, you mention Denver? I live in Arvada btw and hit up Better Bodies for my :dl: needs

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
awsome this is exactly where I wanted this discussion to go, I was suprised to see all the replies, havnt been on in a few days. Xodus thats a sweet link thanks, you mention Denver? I live in Arvada btw and hit up Better Bodies for my :dl: needs
I work in Arvada ! Where is Better Bodies (I'm relatively new here)?

X

NAS

NAS

Awards
I work in Arvada ! Where is Better Bodies (I'm relatively new here)?

X
right on welcome to the neighborhood so to speak. BB is in the "shopping" center off 86th and Sheridan one light south of 88th by Guitar Center and Harbor Freight Tools, they have the best gyms around here and the best prices, other locations are in Lakewood and there is one in Aurora too. If you stop by they will give you a guest pass for a few days.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bumping on the pants subject again. I must have tried on ten pairs of jeans during the holidays and none fit to my liking.

You guys who have bigger legs or "squatters ass"...have you found a particular brand of jeans that fit better than others? My waist is 31 or 32 but I've found that jeans that fit my waist are uncomfortably tight in the legs, crotch, and butt.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Bumping on the pants subject again. I must have tried on ten pairs of jeans during the holidays and none fit to my liking.

You guys who have bigger legs or "squatters ass"...have you found a particular brand of jeans that fit better than others? My waist is 31 or 32 but I've found that jeans that fit my waist are uncomfortably tight in the legs, crotch, and butt.
I usually go to Pac-Sun and buy their store brand jeans in loose/boot. It is very hard to even find a straight leg jean that fits comfortably any more. I'm short(5'8), have a small waist, thick thighs, broad shoulders, big arms, and a thick chest. It seems like most off the rack stuff is either made for the very skinny or the very fat. Finding a dress shirt is a nightmare. I'm usually left wearing an enormous piece of fabric just to find something that fits my chest and neck. I haven't had a suit that has fit in years. I got a pair of levis straight leg jeans that look like skinny fit wranglers on me. I always feel like a d!ck when I wear clothes that are ill-fitting.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
Ironically, Expressmen seems to be fitting me the best now-a-days. I have the misfortune of having long limbs... extremely long legs (i.e. I'm 2-2.5 inches taller than my brother, but when we sit down, he is 1-1.5 inches taller than me sitting) and a squatter's a$$. But the ExpressMen jeans (relaxed fit) do the best. I've also found their dress shirts are tailored to fit a V shaped body, not the greatest but better than all those regular fit dress shirts.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome, there's a Pac Sun about five minutes from me. I would have never thought to go in there...I'm 5'8 and I don't consider myself short...when I'm wearing my Skecher boots :run:

That doesn't surprise me about the Express jeans. I figured the "designer brands" would be the way to go. American Eagle fits me alright. Their 32s are a little loose on the waist and about as tight in the problem areas as I care tolerate (especially when sitting).