Figure friendly clothing, share your fav places - AnabolicMinds.com

Figure friendly clothing, share your fav places

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. NAS
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Figure friendly clothing, share your fav places

As I get bigger I have a hell of a time finding clothes that fit good around the shoulders and mid section, everything that is XL seems to be made for guys that have a larger stomach than chest, its really anoying to go clothes shopping, 3 hours turns up like 3 shirts. I even had to go up to XXL for this jacket I just got to fit my shoulders bit I swim in it around the waist. Anyone have places that they have found clothing that works for us?? please share

2. New Member

I have one hell of a time finding anything that fits my arms. I very large and long monkey arms. My waist is 32 inches and im 6ft3. Sleeves for xxx shirts fit perfect but the body hangs down way to long and looks sloppy.
  3. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Subscribed...I have been looking for a decent brand that is tapered down to someone that wears a 32, but can accomodate 18 1/2 inch arms without looking stupid.

Also, side question:

I have a design for a button down collared shirt made from an underarmour blend. While it is coming into winter, there is nothing more annoying to me than pulling off my suit coat to expose pitstained shirts (and I hate undershirts). If these were well tailored and designed, would they be appealing?
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
    •   

4. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Subscribed...I have been looking for a decent brand that is tapered down to someone that wears a 32, but can accomodate 18 1/2 inch arms without looking stupid.

Also, side question:

I have a design for a button down collared shirt made from an underarmour blend. While it is coming into winter, there is nothing more annoying to me than pulling off my suit coat to expose pitstained shirts (and I hate undershirts). If these were well tailored and designed, would they be appealing?
    Yes they would

I think the nutraplanet shirts as well should be available as a a wicking fabric. for all of the different supplement companies here, I can't recall any that has shirts in anything but plain t-shirt materials.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

Gotta start doing what Jay Cutler is doing. Every single shirt needs to be sleeveless.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    7'5"  600 lbs.

When I drop $100+ for a shirt, I'll buy it to fit my shoulders/lats, then have my mom tailor it to my waist since its kind of along the lines of her hobby/interest. I've found very few factory tailored shirts in my area, let alone shirts tailored to what I need.

Tonight actually I wore an Anchor Blue dress shirt (XL) and my girl heard stitches creak as I reached for the seat belt in my truck.

I think most clothing nowdays is tailored for Generation Wal*Mart. Not X shaped people, but people shaped like the letter O.

For the last few years its been mostly XL wife beaters, and XL Hanes plain white tee shirts 7 days a week. I love my UA sleeveless, but at XXL it still fits funny. They either need to make it a true XXL or make an XXXL.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

How tall are you? I'm about your waist and arm size and American Eagle actually fits me quite well. Personally I like the fashion fit shirts (tighter in the chest and arms, but not too loose around the waist at all). I order from them all the time. Their shirts go up to XXXL and they also have tall sizes. The clothes are inexpensive and comfortable (to me). Just a thought.
  8. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I think the without looking stupid part might be a problem for dsade either way
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.

some express shirts fit nicely around the midsection and waist. Other than that, I'm in the same boat, hard to find clothes..

jeans are a ***** to find for me, worse than shirts are. 36x36 extra loose are the only ones that seem to fit nice and those are hard to come by.
  10. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Have you looked at "ethnic" brands like roca, ecko, akademic, etc? they are cut extra loose in thighs + ass
    This space for rent

11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Have you looked at "ethnic" brands like roca, ecko, akademic, etc? they are cut extra loose in thighs + ass
    I would if most of them didnt have all kinds of patches, etc.. all over them.. i dont like the look of "street thug"
  12. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by natedogg View Post
    How tall are you? I'm about your waist and arm size and American Eagle actually fits me quite well. Personally I like the fashion fit shirts (tighter in the chest and arms, but not too loose around the waist at all). I order from them all the time. Their shirts go up to XXXL and they also have tall sizes. The clothes are inexpensive and comfortable (to me). Just a thought.
    I'm 5'9".

I remember having this red button down that was tapered beautifully...but can't recall the name.

I think I will ebay browse and see if I can remember.
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

I was in germany about a year ago.. bought some shirts.. all were broad shoulder with a wider neck than what you would find in the usa so i didnt feel like i had a midget strangling me all day

also all were tapered so they fit comfortably around my waist.

its funny... usa clothing tailors to fat people. looks like europe is more interested in appealing to the rest of us.

ALSO... anyone notice some shirt sizes changed recently? Usually a medium is snug and a large is somewhat loose on me.
    I just bought a medium and was floating around in it. I know they have done this in the past so fat people dont have to buy XXXL.. they just change the sizes so people feel 'better' about the letter on the label... BS!!
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    7'5"  600 lbs.

I'm 5'9".

I remember having this red button down that was tapered beautifully...but can't recall the name.

I think I will ebay browse and see if I can remember.
    I'm wondering if its the same one a buddy of mine has. He had one in blue and one in red and they fit him like a damn glove, and I'm standing next to him looking like I'm wearing a Coleman tent for a shirt.
  15. Professional Member

Yea im not huge but i wear larges and they are a lil tight. I notice sometimes when a shirt fits well it just hangs staright after my chest instead of tapering a bit. I hate freakin jeans. Try out Dickies if you dont mind the look/material. They are loose and nice looking. I have jeans but they are to snug on the thighs and to long.
  16. New Member

in the same boat fellas
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    7'5"  600 lbs.

UPDATE I just got my latest NP order. Inside was an NP shirt! I was sad when I looked at the tag and it said "L" though.

I put it on and holy **** this thing fits really well! Tight in the shoulders, and is extra long. If I wash it in cold, and don't dry it, it shouldn't shrink. Looks like I have a new favorite shirt to wear.
  18. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Packenwood View Post
    UPDATE I just got my latest NP order. Inside was an NP shirt! I was sad when I looked at the tag and it said "L" though.

I put it on and holy **** this thing fits really well! Tight in the shoulders, and is extra long. If I wash it in cold, and don't dry it, it shouldn't shrink. Looks like I have a new favorite shirt to wear.
    I agree. My NP shirt fits perfect. absolutly love rockin it at school and the gym.
  19. Senior Member

i get my clothes from lane bryant. the stretch pants are quite comfortable
  20. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by warnerve View Post
    i get my clothes from lane bryant. the stretch pants are quite comfortable
    Goes great with a pair of comfortable shoes from the Nurse's Supply Store.
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.

damn fat americans.....ruining the clothes for us fit people.

guess i have no choice but to work on filling out my midsection. :donut:
  22. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    damn fat americans.....ruining the clothes for us fit people.

guess i have no choice but to work on filling out my midsection. :donut:
    haha i remember in Trips thread when someone called you a abercrombie & biotch...haha sorry....
  23. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Palo Alto Labs View Post
    I was in germany about a year ago.. bought some shirts.. all were broad shoulder with a wider neck than what you would find in the usa so i didnt feel like i had a midget strangling me all day

also all were tapered so they fit comfortably around my waist.

its funny... usa clothing tailors to fat people. looks like europe is more interested in appealing to the rest of us.

ALSO... anyone notice some shirt sizes changed recently? Usually a medium is snug and a large is somewhat loose on me.
    I just bought a medium and was floating around in it. I know they have done this in the past so fat people dont have to buy XXXL.. they just change the sizes so people feel 'better' about the letter on the label... BS!!
    Or maybe you just got smaller?

24. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    Or maybe you just got smaller?

This thread is about loose fitting shirts, not loose fitting condoms.
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Bump to a decent brand of jeans...my legs aren't hyoooge, but by the time I put my cell phone, wallet, and keys in my pockets the jeans are tight around my ass, thighs, and crotch even if the waist is loose! I hate it when I put on a belt and the waist is bunched up.

RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  26. Professional Member

Yea i feel ya. When i bought a new phone i got a thin one so i could manage. My keys are annoying and i hate the wallet back there, always take it out when you sit too.
  27. Senior Member

I gave up guys. Either the clothes make me look fat, or are too tight on my shoulders....

So ive gone latex.

Shows off my bod nicely.
    Nice and tight in the "right places"
    Keeps me feeling "pumped" all day
    Smooth texture really helps me slide in and out of tight spaces....

Throw in some lube and im ready to rock.
  28. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MashedPotato View Post
    I gave up guys. Either the clothes make me look fat, or are too tight on my shoulders....

So ive gone latex.

Shows off my bod nicely.
    Nice and tight in the "right places"
    Keeps me feeling "pumped" all day
    Smooth texture really helps me slide in and out of tight spaces....

Throw in some lube and im ready to rock.
    funny you mention it, dsade has been working on that
    This space for rent

29. Senior Member

funny you mention it, dsade has been working on that
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I just bought some real nice long sleeve knit shirts from Eddie Bauer. They are a little long for me since I'm only 5'8", but they fit real well other than that.

As for jeans, I found a nice pair at the GAP. It's the Loose Fit style. I bought them a little bigger in the wasit. They fit good, and I have a big butt. It's pretty much the only pair I wear now. I have to find some more.

Other than that, I know exactly how you guys feel. It's a problem, but I guess it's a good problem.

I have a hard time finding nice fitting t-shirts. I don't have a big neck so sometimes the neck is huge, but it's real tight around the arms and chest. Looks stupid. That's why I love the winter. I can fit real well into larger clothes and knits, yet you can still tell I lift. I'm not a guy that really likes to show off. If you're big, you can't really hide it anyhow.

I'm started to add in some cardio and fixed up my diet a little to get rid of the fat I put on during my bulk. When you naturally gain 15 lbs in 8 weeks, there's no way it's all muscle. I'm also getting ready to start training to be a 50m sprinter. We'll see where I'll be shopping in a few months.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

For shirts:

http://www.bestcustomshirt.com/Custo...etic-Build.asp

Jeans:

http://www.makeyourownjeans.com/

There is a seller on ebay that will custom make jeans for you too.

I had my leather chaps and jacket (for MC riding, not MashedPotatos' 'parties') custom made too.

X
  32. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Nice Xodus. I'm gonna have to buy some nice shirts here in a minute. When im just doing whatever I dont really care what I look like. I'll rock my XXL t-shirt.

I'm only 5'9" so I look short and fat but I dont really care. Infact most of my class mates think I'm one of those fat kids who workouts or whatever and is stil fat. That's until i wear a cut off or a smaller shirt from HS, then its :bb3:. Makes me feel kinda cool,lol.
  33. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

damn, I can't hit you with reps again yet xodus, but that custom shirt site is spectacular! i'm definitely ordering from them when I am ready to
    This space for rent

34. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

damn, I can't hit you with reps again yet xodus, but that custom shirt site is spectacular! i'm definitely ordering from them when I am ready to
    No worries.

I'm just glad Denver is soo relaxed in attire that I don't have to wear a shirt and tie anymore ( I get to wear T-shirts to the office!). I have a full closet of dress clothes that will not see the light of day for awhile.

Jeans are another story...

X
  35. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I wear shorts and tshirts about 85% of the year as our office is remote...
    This space for rent

36. Senior Member

I wear shorts and tshirts about 85% of the year as our office is remote...

Funny actually, because I find that most casual t-shirts by fruit of the loom fit really well.

Xpress for me is also a good reference for nice semi-casual/formal clothing.

Oh and bestcustomershirts, is a great store ( i think that was posted earlier) definately have a few items from there.
    Last edited by MashedPotato; 11-05-2007 at 10:36 PM.
  37. NAS
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

awsome this is exactly where I wanted this discussion to go, I was suprised to see all the replies, havnt been on in a few days. Xodus thats a sweet link thanks, you mention Denver? I live in Arvada btw and hit up Better Bodies for my :dl: needs
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by NAS View Post
    awsome this is exactly where I wanted this discussion to go, I was suprised to see all the replies, havnt been on in a few days. Xodus thats a sweet link thanks, you mention Denver? I live in Arvada btw and hit up Better Bodies for my :dl: needs
    I work in Arvada ! Where is Better Bodies (I'm relatively new here)?

X
  39. NAS
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    I work in Arvada ! Where is Better Bodies (I'm relatively new here)?

X
    right on welcome to the neighborhood so to speak. BB is in the "shopping" center off 86th and Sheridan one light south of 88th by Guitar Center and Harbor Freight Tools, they have the best gyms around here and the best prices, other locations are in Lakewood and there is one in Aurora too. If you stop by they will give you a guest pass for a few days.
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Bumping on the pants subject again. I must have tried on ten pairs of jeans during the holidays and none fit to my liking.

You guys who have bigger legs or "squatters ass"...have you found a particular brand of jeans that fit better than others? My waist is 31 or 32 but I've found that jeans that fit my waist are uncomfortably tight in the legs, crotch, and butt.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Gym Owners Share Your Story
    By pudzian2 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 03:41 PM
  2. To Pulse Or Not To Pulse.. Share Your Reasons
    By Riquee in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 09:52 PM
  3. Share your funniest Drunk moments (mine included)
    By Inchamery in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 10:56 PM
  4. BEST jobs in the world, post your fav.
    By somewhatgifted in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-27-2006, 12:43 PM
  5. Which of your fav celebs are FAT!!!
    By MaynardMeek in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-25-2005, 01:50 AM