Has this ever happened to you????

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
I recently had a major falling out with one of my best friends from the last four years. I stopped believing his compulsive lies and hiding my feelings about the bull he was feeding me. He and I were about the same weight (except i was 5-6 inches taller) before I started cutting.

When I returned from summer break, I had cut 35 pounds and was looking sweet. Things were normal but his compulsive lying about girls and things he's done with them reached a limit I couldn't handle. Mind you, this isn't like the occasional, 'Bro I got drunk and made out with her!' This was a kid who claimed he got @n@l from his babysitter in 6th grade and that he sports an 8 inch 8===D (yet to be confirmed). His lying hurt a lot of people and I was associated with it because I hung out with him.

After I parted ways, he started spreading rumors that I do steroids. No matter what I say or how I act, kids approach me in the hallways now asking why I juice. Because I've disconnected with him, I've become just another kid he likes to talk sh!t about.

My question is,

I know a lot of you have probably experienced the same thing, with people making up lies about you and your lifestyle. How/Do you confront these people? How do you get through this kind of crap?

Help!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
People love to talk behind other people's back in high school. Esp. guys that really aren't confident much in themselves.

Deep down he's not happy about himself and/or his life.

I'll have to think more.
But - I've learned in my 27 years to approach situations with more logic and clear thought than I would have at your age.

I wouldn't rush head long into this trying to beat the kid up or whatever.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My question is,

I know a lot of you have probably experienced the same thing, with people making up lies about you and your lifestyle. How/Do you confront these people? How do you get through this kind of crap?

Help!
You don't do anything but live your life the way you believe is right. That kind of person ends up getting served justice by the armies of karma in the end :) Eventually everyone realizes the same as you did, and the only people who will voluntarily associate with him will be dimwitted or bigger loosers than him. Either way, who cares what they think or say? :)

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Don't waste your time even thinking about him. People aren't stupid, the smart ones (the ones you WANT to associate with) will see the truth. You can't hide the truth.