Opening a PO box

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
Do a lot of you guys use P.O. Boxes?

How much do they cost (range)?

When you open one, do you use your real information or fake?

tattoopierced1

I use a UPS mailbox. Costs $10 per month or less depending if they are running a special. Addresses like a street address too, not a PO Box. Some companies wont ship to PO Boxes.

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
I use a UPS mailbox. Costs $10 per month or less depending if they are running a special. Addresses like a street address too, not a PO Box. Some companies wont ship to PO Boxes.
That's true. I didn't think about certain companies not shipping to POs. So you can get a UPS mailbox? Do you register/open it with your real information or fake?

tattoopierced1

That's true. I didn't think about certain companies not shipping to POs. So you can get a UPS mailbox? Do you register/open it with your real information or fake?
I used my real info. Never had a problem with it.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
The big detterent for me, in using UPS as oposed to USPS is that in the majority of Post Offices you can get into your PO Box after hours. I'm pretty sure UPS doesn't work like that.

tattoopierced1

The big detterent for me, in using UPS as oposed to USPS is that in the majority of Post Offices you can get into your PO Box after hours. I'm pretty sure UPS doesn't work like that.
Right, but if you have big packages, UPS is much easier to deal with in retreiving them no matter what size mailbox you got. If you got something for your PO box that doesn't fit, then there goes the ability to get it after hours.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Right, but if you have big packages, UPS is much easier to deal with in retreiving them no matter what size mailbox you got. If you got something for your PO box that doesn't fit, then there goes the ability to get it after hours.
good point.

there are a lot of factors that go into what you should choose.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I used my real info. Never had a problem with it.
Yeah and you need to use your real info, unless you have really decent fake docs. Drivers license, utility bill and one other thing I think I needed to open one.

If you get popped with a bogus box, you will get mail fraud tacked on as well.

X