What is this - blood under skin around ankles and stuff

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Edema? Is it actually blood, or could it be water?

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Edema? Is it actually blood, or could it be water?
umm im guessing you dont have any then hehe.

ive always had alittle under my angkle joints but i just looked yesturday and noticed a lot more. so figured i might as well ask.

they look like dried blood spots, or freckles sorta. under my skin of course ill post a picture lata

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Ahh.. no, I have no idea, but at least I have a better idea of what you mean lol :)

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
What is this - blood under skin around ankles and stuff

no other way to word or ask. what is it. bad good?

noticed it seems mine has increased.

area is a 1-3inches around my actual ankle joint
I have the same thing, mine looks like a little layer of capillary networkings and when looking closely looks like a bruise. I have it on the inside of each ankle.

Don't have an answer sorry.

Much Love,

Neoborn

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I had the exact same thing bro, scared the **** out of me too. How much weight have you gained since you started lifting? Mine was at its worst when I bulked up to 245 and was working on my feet all day...after I cut back down to 215, it stopped progressing.

I believe its a condition called capillaritis:

Capillaritis (pigmented purpura). DermNet NZ

Notice:

Capillaritis may also develop after exercise.
The doc said it could be from a number of things - gaining a lot of weight in a short period of time, being on my feet all day, heavy squats, genetics - more likely a combination of all of those. The brown marks you see that wont go away are actually the iron from the blood left over after your body reabsorbs the blood that's leaked into your skin.

Those iron stains will be there for a long time too - it stopped and started to fade after I lost weight, but where it was most concentrated (right around the ankle bone) is still speckled brown.

AFAIK, it's a genetic condition that can be aggrevated by gaining weight and heavy lifting. I have a family history of high blood pressure as well, and it was certainly at its worst when i bloated up on a cycle and my BP was 160/85. So you might want to check yours, and get it under control if need be. (Cardio + Twinlab Blood Pressure Control (C12), Celery Seed, Hawthorn Berry, Cycle Support all work well)

Those knee legth compression socks can help with the situation too...

FootSmart :: Shoes, Socks, Slippers, Support Hose, Foot Care, Orthopedic & Comfort Products

Hope that helped...

BV

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
cool neo hehe

thanks bigv thats informative. ill see a dermatolist next month hopefully and get some more feedback. i aint worried at all i always remmeber having them, but they have gotten worse lately. not sure how lately but i dont always checkout my ankles lol

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I get somethin that looks alot like that on the back of my hands if I ever use straps for deads.. they look like a bunch of inside the skin freckles or somethin crazy alot like that picture you put up.. but I cant imagine how that would relate to your ankles :trout: