ICE In Case of Emergency

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
I am not sure if everyone knows this, but recently reread an article about this. Should be useful to most people. I directly copied and paste partially of what was found in wiki.

In Case of Emergency, or ICE, is a program that enables first responders, such as paramedics, firefighters, police officers, to identify victims and contact their next of kin to obtain important medical information. The program was conceived in the mid-2000s and promoted by British paramedic Bob Brotchie in May 2005. It encourages people to enter emergency contacts in their cell phone address book under the name ICE; alternatively, if a person has multiple emergency contacts, they can be listed similarly to the following: ICE1-Mom, ICE2-Dad, ICE3, etc. The popularity of the program has spread across Europe, and has started to grow into North America.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I am not sure if everyone knows this, but recently reread an article about this. Should be useful to most people. I directly copied and paste partially of what was found in wiki.

In Case of Emergency, or ICE, is a program that enables first responders, such as paramedics, firefighters, police officers, to identify victims and contact their next of kin to obtain important medical information. The program was conceived in the mid-2000s and promoted by British paramedic Bob Brotchie in May 2005. It encourages people to enter emergency contacts in their cell phone address book under the name ICE; alternatively, if a person has multiple emergency contacts, they can be listed similarly to the following: ICE1-Mom, ICE2-Dad, ICE3, etc. The popularity of the program has spread across Europe, and has started to grow into North America.
If you are in a car wreck, chances are your cell phone will be flung quite far from the mangled carnage that was your body and will be completely useless to anyone. Better to keep a card with that info behind your drivers license (they are going to pull it out).

Granted, not all deaths are the result of car wrecks, this just seems silly to me though, unless you are prone to seizures or something.

My cell phone locks after XX minutes of non-use, I guess I'll just stick to dog tags....

X

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
I know what you mean, but I thought about some situations that may come in handy either way. Which does not apply for just car wrecks. In the end, everything is practically able to burn, wrought, and etc.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I know what you mean, but I thought about some situations that may come in handy either way. Which does not apply for just car wrecks. In the end, everything is practically able to burn, wrought, and etc.
I wasn't kidding about the dog tags, while its sort of morbid, I ride MC and when I take long trips, I wear them, just in case...

X

stxnas

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ha ha...I cringed when I first saw the title of this thread. I have been doing various forms of ICE tables all night for chem :frustrate

Back on topic...I think it's a decent idea. It definitely can't hurt any...I'll probably do this while I'm sitting in class or trying not to study...

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
I wasn't kidding about the dog tags, while its sort of morbid, I ride MC and when I take long trips, I wear them, just in case...

X
Its all good, I mean I just took it as a method of contacting any loved ones when an accident occurs.
Be safe on one of those mc's.