Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

The End Of Space

Ok Guys, heres one for you.

What is at the end of space, like say we travel to the end of space, and theres a wall, whats outside the wall, thats outside that....etc

Space cant go on forever....I mean...its cant! The Human mind is incapable of imagining that (whether we are not "meant' to know..) so any ideas guys?

What is outside space, and also if the "big bang" created the universe, what was before the big bang etc... and if there was a God who created everything , who created him...

Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.77%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MashedPotato View Post

What is at the end of space, like say we travel to the end of space, and theres a wall, whats outside the wall, thats outside that....etc

Space cant go on forever....I mean...its cant! The Human mind is incapable of imagining that (whether we are not "meant' to know..) so any ideas guys?

What is outside space, and also if the "big bang" created the universe, what was before the big bang etc... and if there was a God who created everything , who created him...
    Why worry about it? lol Trust me man, there IS a God, and there is not walls
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    7'5"  600 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.61%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I think the fabric of space and time are in a sphere, so if we do travel to that 'edge' it curves anyway and we just go around as if inside a huge ball. Perspective wise we wouldn't even know it if we were traveling in a straight line or not. From Earth, we might be able to detect it, but at how many billion light years away....it could take a while.
    •   

4. Club Myth CEO
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.34%

space is endless in size and in time.
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Packenwood View Post
    I think the fabric of space and time are in a sphere, so if we do travel to that 'edge' it curves anyway and we just go around as if inside a huge ball. Perspective wise we wouldn't even know it if we were traveling in a straight line or not. From Earth, we might be able to detect it, but at how many billion light years away....it could take a while.
    So whats outside the sphere, and what created the sphere.

See the way "our world works" is that something either is whithin something else (like a snow globe) and/or it was created by something.

Everything has to have a creator.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    7'5"  600 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.61%
    Achievements Posting Pro

So whats outside the sphere, and what created the sphere.

See the way "our world works" is that something either is whithin something else (like a snow globe) and/or it was created by something.

Everything has to have a creator.
    Thats the thing. I know "0" isn't a real number but a concept. But it might just have to be one we accept but don't understand.

By saying 'nothing' exists, is it then 'something' that can be measured or quantified?

Its too damn late to be thinking about this. Its like those Matryoshka dolls except on a huge scale.
  7. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.25%

another dimension
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bombBoogie View Post
    another dimension
    dude, wheres the banana...
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.06%

HAH ive thought of the same thing. Ive realized that human brains can never comprehend the end of space or infinity. I think its something we will comprehend when we pass on.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    7'5"  600 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.61%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer82 View Post
    What my question is: Matter is never created nor destroyed, right? Ok so the "big bang" started the universe. Where did the "matter" of the big bang come from that has made everything we know now as our universe? How did elements just "appear"?

I think our lives are just all a meaningless joke. This is how I justify my steroid usage.
    Theory has it that they were crushed down to a singularity much like that in a black hole. It was always there.

Where it came from and how it got there is another question.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.74%

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer82 View Post
    What my question is: Matter is never created nor destroyed, right? Ok so the "big bang" started the universe. Where did the "matter" of the big bang come from that has made everything we know now as our universe? How did elements just "appear"?

I think our lives are just all a meaningless joke. This is how I justify my steroid usage.
    THAT IS WHERE FAITH COMES IN... WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?.. WAS OUR WHOLE EXISTANT JUST A STATISTICAL MIRACAL?.. OR DID SOMETHING ELSE CONJURE UP OUR WORLD?..AS FOR WHAT DR. PACKENWOOD. SIAD ABOUT EVERYTHING IS INSIDE SOMETHING ELSE? ITS LIKE THE ENDING SCENE OF MEN IN BLACK WHERE IT ZOOMED OUT FROM EARTH TO THE SOLAR SYSTEM TO OUR GALLAXY TO THE UNIVERSE INTO A MARBLE THAT AN ALIEN WAS PLAYING WITH... HOW BIG OF A PART OF EXISTANCE DO WE REALLY PLAY?
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BIGG DOGG View Post
    THAT IS WHERE FAITH COMES IN... WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?.. WAS OUR WHOLE EXISTANT JUST A STATISTICAL MIRACAL?.. OR DID SOMETHING ELSE CONJURE UP OUR WORLD?..AS FOR WHAT DR. PACKENWOOD. SIAD ABOUT EVERYTHING IS INSIDE SOMETHING ELSE? ITS LIKE THE ENDING SCENE OF MEN IN BLACK WHERE IT ZOOMED OUT FROM EARTH TO THE SOLAR SYSTEM TO OUR GALLAXY TO THE UNIVERSE INTO A MARBLE THAT AN ALIEN WAS PLAYING WITH... HOW BIG OF A PART OF EXISTANCE DO WE REALLY PLAY?
    Even if any of that is true, who created these "aliens", who created this "statistical miracle".......

I somehow belive that for whatever reason we are no able to comprehend this, to put it simply we lack the intelligence to understand that something does not have a creator.

And the cool thing is, every part of our body (excluding an religious aspects) is made up of the fabric of space.

This subject is weird and I wonder why its not addressed more in schools or colleges. Even astronomers dont ask these kinds of questions.

Im still getting over the fact that a collapsed star can be the size of a small pea yet if you were to hold it, it would make a hole through your hand and through the center of the earth...crazy.
  13. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

good use of caps and dots.......

much banananess,
    ~tripnsaty
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post

much banananess,
    ~tripnsaty
    dude....YOUR ....Playing WITH...FIRE.........
  15. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

dude....YOUR ....Playing WITH...FIRE.........
    .....HUH.....?......?, ....?
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.74%

much banananess,
    ~tripnsaty
    I LEARNED FROM THE BEST... SO HOW DOES ONE OBTAIN AN APLICATION FOR THIS DEATH SQUAD?... OR IS IT LIKE A GANG WHERE I CAN GET JUMPED IN?...
  17. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.58%

Used to be interested in this stuff, still am to a point. But in the end we're likely never going to know. The theories capable of explaining it aren't really testable, and my guess is that when they do come into the range of being tested the tests will just throw up more questions. At best our brightest people can get a rough approximation of what's going on in their skulls. The animals have a leg up on us, because all they do when they're not fighting for survival is eat and screw. Us? We manage to seperate ourselves from nature to a point where we really have no predators to deal with and plentiful food and then we multiply like a cell culture and start taking Prozak.

I think you can learn a lot about being happy by watching animals who know that they are safe for the moment. They eat, they screw, they play. They don't give a **** about 'what it all means', and as a consequence they don't have DVD players, but they also don't get pissed because of some mystery scratch that just appeared on their Fight Club DVD which causes it to skip.
  18. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

.....HUH.....?......?, ....?
    Dont ask. Bored at "work", though I might waste time by adding a rainbow of colors to my post.
  19. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.83%

this whole topic is very interesting........everything from space,to aliens,to the pyramids,to ghosts,to why mcdonalds keeps re-releasing the mc chicken ??........i wish we knew more for sure what the hell we live in?????
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.74%

this whole topic is very interesting........everything from space,to aliens,to the pyramids,to ghosts,to why mcdonalds keeps re-releasing the mc chicken ??........i wish we knew more for sure what the hell we live in?????
    THAT MCCHICKEN IS IFFY...
  21. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Dont you mean the mc rib...

And yes, that is right up there with the top 5 questions:

1: what is at the end of space.
    2: whats in the mc Rib
    3: Why the hell do they keep re-re-re-re-re-releasing the mc rib
    4: Who are these aliens and why do they keep probing me
    5: Why the HELL are there so many "DOGGS, Dog etc." around here.
  22. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.83%

Dont you mean the mc rib...
    i was totally gonna say mc rib too!
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.74%

WOAH MR PATTATO HEAD.... WHY YOU POINTING FINGERS AT ME??... NO ONE ELSE USES TWO GG'S THATS CUSTOM...
    MAD THAT SH*T UP MY SELF... CHECKITY CHECK YOURSELF BEFORE YOU WRECK YOURSEF
  24. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

NO ONE ELSE USES TWO GG'S THATS CUSTOM...
    my bad, I must have got lost in all those capital letters

Tee-hee
  25. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.83%

5: Why the HELL are there so many "DOGGS, Dog etc." around here.
    dogs,doggs prefer to mount their booty 2 to 1 over non dog types........
  26. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Who knows what's at the edge of space...probably more space. Another universe...if you stepped outside of our 4 dimensional reality maybe you could see it, but since your brain has evolved to dwell in this reality for eons - it would probably kill you or drive you to the brink of insanity.

The very idea is so vast compared to the life and fragility of our physical bodies that only by stepping outside the physical could you even begin to understand what's really out there.

But then you're into metaphysics, and because nothing in that field can really be empiracally measured - it could all just be in your head. Or not.

BV
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.85%

I think the answer is in large amounts of weed and energy drinks...oh and doritos.
  28. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I think the answer is in large amounts of weed and energy drinks...oh and doritos.
    You know, I think you're onto something!
  29. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Im buying if your offering
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I think what people fail to think about is that these certain scientific laws, the basic laws of thermodynamics for example, were created in this universe, and govern this universe. A lot of people ask the question, "If God was there forever, then who created God?" - That question is inside the box of the science that we have grown to know and comprehend, but fail to realize that God created those laws to govern our world and universe. It's extremely complex, and I can only imagine that God created the unending universe to show how great and big he truly is.

An interesting fact I'd like to point out is that the Bible speaks of the world being round nearly a thousand years before science ever stated it as a fact. People fail to realize that the Bible is also a book of science and answers to all of these questions.

It's definitely an amazing world, and so much to think about. We could never possibly know everything about everything. Sometimes I get in those moods where I just lay in bed thinking about all of this stuff for hours (drinking BCAA's while doing so as to avoid being catablolic, of course). There are so many questions. It's such an incredible universe.
  31. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Sometimes I get in those moods where I just lay in bed thinking about all of this stuff for hours (drinking BCAA's while doing so as to avoid being catablolic, of course).
    lol , so true, so true.....

Although this would answer many questions, i.e there is a god an he created everything, it still doesnt address the main issue, which would be .... and who created this God.

Whichever way you look at it, the only explanation is that something else created the God (i.e Gods parents, and his parents parents) or some Alien created "our universal God" who then created our universe, which hypothetically is one of Billions of universes etc...

The question would then be....but whats outside all these universes, who created the Alien who created the Gods of these universes, who created that Alien, etc....etc

It really is mind blowing....literally.

Oh and say the laws of physics were created to stop us from reaching the end of our universe....then who created the thing that created the laws which binds our universe.....blah blah..

For someone to simply say that a God created the universe and it goes on forever doesn't in anyway answer anything. Infact, it only opens up a whole new set of questions.
  32. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.75%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Although this would answer many questions, i.e there is a god an he created everything, it still doesnt address the main issue, which would be .... and who created this God.

Whichever way you look at it, the only explanation is that something else created the God (i.e Gods parents, and his parents parents) or some Alien created "our universal God" who then created our universe, which hypothetically is one of Billions of universes etc...

The question would then be....but whats outside all these unverses, who created the Alien who created the Gods of these universes, who created that Alien, etc....etc

Oh and say the laws of physics were created to stop us from reaching the end of our universe....then who created the thing that created the laws which binds our universe.....blah blah..
    dude slow down i think you might hurt yourself.
  33. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sdmf45 View Post
    dude slow down i think you might hurt yourself.
    I had too much No Shotgun.....and right now im munching through a baked potato and tuna.....

Actually, now I think about it who created the baked potato, who created the farmer, who created the human, who created the world, that created the thing that made the unviverse......etc..

Because this is one heck of a tuna and baked potato meal and Id just like to thank them...
  34. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.31%

Everything Is Moving Through Space And Space Is Expanding At The Same Time. Some Say It Is Slowing And All Matter In Space Will Collapse And Form Another Bang. Others Say It Will Continue To Expand Forever.

Most Matter Is Dark Matter That Isn't Really Understood But Is Detected.

Either Way, I Would Rather Contemplate A Nice Set Of Cans Than To Dwell On If Space Goes On Forever But Thats Just Me.
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.34%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

The question would then be....but whats outside all these universes, who created the Alien who created the Gods of these universes, who created that Alien, etc....etc

For someone to simply say that a God created the universe and it goes on forever doesn't in anyway answer anything. Infact, it only opens up a whole new set of questions.
    I don't think you read my post. God doesn't have to have a creator, and the problem is that people don't understand that. He lives outside the very rules that govern us. God does not live inside the rules of thermodynamics, etc.
  36. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.83%

Quote Originally Posted by Lacradocious View Post

Most Matter Is Dark Matter That Isn't Really Understood But Is Detected.

Dark matter
    TAKE our best understanding of gravity, apply it to the way galaxies spin, and you'll quickly see the problem: the galaxies should be falling apart. Galactic matter orbits around a central point because its mutual gravitational attraction creates centripetal forces. But there is not enough mass in the galaxies to produce the observed spin.

Vera Rubin, an astronomer working at the Carnegie Institution's department of terrestrial magnetism in Washington DC, spotted this anomaly in the late 1970s. The best response from physicists was to suggest there is more stuff out there than we can see. The trouble was, nobody could explain what this "dark matter" was.

And they still can't. Although researchers have made many suggestions about what kind of particles might make up dark matter, there is no consensus. It's an embarrassing hole in our understanding. Astronomical observations suggest that dark matter must make up about 90 per cent of the mass in the universe, yet we are astonishingly ignorant what that 90 per cent is.

Maybe we can't work out what dark matter is because it doesn't actually exist. That's certainly the way Rubin would like it to turn out. "If I could have my pick, I would like to learn that Newton's laws must be modified in order to correctly describe gravitational interactions at large distances," she says. "That's more appealing than a universe filled with a new kind of sub-nuclear particle."
  37. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I don't think you read my post. God doesn't have to have a creator, and the problem is that people don't understand that. He lives outside the very rules that govern us. God does not live inside the rules of thermodynamics, etc.
    Ok, saying your statement is true...

But something HAD to of made the God. IF you remove all reasoning of our laws of physics etc... you are left with a being that is "everything", but what does "everything" exist within and what is its purpose.

To say God created everything and thats that is the easy way out of this question. Remove the universe and your left with this "god", or presence, but regardless of whether it obeys any physics rule, it HAS to exist within this dimension or another dimension....etc, and therefor what....

Bah! I know what I mean and the "god created everything" answer simply doesnt satisfy any anything.

Imagine it this way, if god is everything we live and breathe and is the universe, then what the hell is outside this God. Another dimension? ...what created that, .....

etc. etc.

Not poo-pooing your theory or anything but surely you cant be happy with "god created everything and he defies physics. The End. Fin"
  38. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Dark matter
    TAKE our best understanding of gravity, apply it to the way galaxies spin, and you'll quickly see the problem: the galaxies should be falling apart. Galactic matter orbits around a central point because its mutual gravitational attraction creates centripetal forces. But there is not enough mass in the galaxies to produce the observed spin.

Vera Rubin, an astronomer working at the Carnegie Institution's department of terrestrial magnetism in Washington DC, spotted this anomaly in the late 1970s. The best response from physicists was to suggest there is more stuff out there than we can see. The trouble was, nobody could explain what this "dark matter" was.

And they still can't. Although researchers have made many suggestions about what kind of particles might make up dark matter, there is no consensus. It's an embarrassing hole in our understanding. Astronomical observations suggest that dark matter must make up about 90 per cent of the mass in the universe, yet we are astonishingly ignorant what that 90 per cent is.

Maybe we can't work out what dark matter is because it doesn't actually exist. That's certainly the way Rubin would like it to turn out. "If I could have my pick, I would like to learn that Newton's laws must be modified in order to correctly describe gravitational interactions at large distances," she says. "That's more appealing than a universe filled with a new kind of sub-nuclear particle."
    Yeah I do remember reading that. Dark Matter has no physical elements (no oxygen, no carbon etc...) so how can you measure something that does not exist.

Dark matter is known as an exotic material I think, and I remember reading that there are places outside our galaxy that defy our basic laws of physics.

Anothe cool thing is the whole "light speed" thing, whereby what we are seeing now (the stars) actually is a few million or billion years old, and older than that (even before our planet could be called a planet)

How cool is that?!! Its like seeing into the past. Scary thing is the universe could have exploded (at the very end of the universe) and we wont see it for another few billion years...

(not sure if would see it first, or actually die from the explosion first as light travels faster than chemical compounds...)

bah! Too late for this.
  39. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.06%

Depends on what you're trying to argue. I might as well say that just like god, the universe doesn't need a creator. In any case, arguing this way gets you at most an 'unmoved mover' (ala Aristotle) who is not even aware of the beings that it created. The jump from a 'creator' to Judeo-Christian god is purely a matter of faith and upbringing.

The question of what's at the edge of the universe is somewhat nonsensical, just like people asking "if you drive in a car at the speed of light and turn on your brights, what happens?" The point is that it's impossible to travel at the speed of light, just like it's impossible to get to the edge of the universe given its expansion rate.

But I do have an alternate answer....there's a restaurant at the end of the universe and there's a whole book about it.
  40. I know nothing...
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.84%

Time and space exist only in physical dimentions we live in. So it might be hard to comprehend for many people, but God exists in different dimentions just is. If you'll understand that, you won't ask question "What was before God?" Nothing. If there's no such thing as time then there's not possible to have something before something.
    Think about it. What is "time"? It was created by people by watchung Sun goes around the Earth (well, other way around), so people call it a day and divided on 24 hours, then watched Earth orbit the sun and call it a year, then divided year on months, weeks, days, etc. You get the point. (I hope).
    I thought Albert Einstein explained it before.
    And also I read somewhere that scientists found more than just dimentions we live in and now they trying to find the way to prove it or show it to us.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2006, 04:52 AM
  2. The End of My AAS Usage
    By ironviking in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-01-2005, 11:44 AM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 04:48 PM
  4. Are you guys tapering at the end of the cycle?
    By alpha6164 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-18-2003, 07:09 AM