Music

What type of music do you like listening to while you workout?

• Rock (soft, modern, classic, hardcore, metal, alternative, whatever)

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Rap (from old school through new school)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Techno/Trance

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Pop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oldies

• Classical

• Whatever the gym is playing

• None at all

• Total voters
MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
Basically,

What music (if any) do you guys listen to to get you pushing that extra set and heavier weight?

BTW the purpose of this was just to see what most of the AM members listen to; simple curiosity.

Sorry if this is a repeated thread

nelix

Awards
  • Established
A refuse to vote on such a general poll.

I love metal but I hate soft, modern, classic and hardcore.
I like old school rap but I hate pretty much any rap I have heard in the last 5 years.

The poll is missing industrial and jazz (and I bet a bunch of other music that other people like).

MTV has warped your perception of music!

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
I didn't want to make the poll too long.

I don't watch MTV, it's sickening.

I know rock is a very general subject, and I possibly could've have split it up a lot more.

As far as jazz, who really gets pumped listening to coltrane and thelonious monk? haha, maybe that's just my opinion.

I could throw up an electronica genre but once again I didn't want to make the poll too long.

Sorry to confuse you, I'm actually very well educated in music

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Metallica, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, KORN, Slipknot, and anything else I'm forgetting that makes me want to hurt the weights.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually listen to a mix of all that stuff. I've got Korn, Tupac, Jay-Z, Motzart, Bach, Disturbed, Metallica, Lionel Richie, Justin Timberlake, Nelly Furtado, Busta Rhymes, Evenescence - Tons of different music. It depends on the exercises I'm doing...Squats = hard beat, Arm workouts = Light music, Chest = Rap...just depends on what I need to get through my set.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
I happen to enjoy listening to both jazz and industrial while i workout...
I didn't want to make the poll too long.

I don't watch MTV, it's sickening.

I know rock is a very general subject, and I possibly could've have split it up a lot more.

As far as jazz, who really gets pumped listening to coltrane and thelonious monk? haha, maybe that's just my opinion.

I could throw up an electronica genre but once again I didn't want to make the poll too long.

Sorry to confuse you, I'm actually very well educated in music

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
The heavier the better. I prefer the screamo type ****. Right now I'm into the Five Finger Death Punch, Nodes Of Ranvier, Devil Driver, but I also have some 'mid school' Anthrax and things like that. Sound of White Noise, Stomp 442... Great albums that got over looked. Volume 8 The Threat Is Real is a great one also, and things like Coal Chamber, Acid Bath and Napalm Death.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dig jazz but to listen to it while you work out? That's a first :)

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I actually listen to a wide range of music, however working out with someone I cant use an MP3 player...so I'm stuck with crappy gym music

Golds music sucks!!!

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Golds music sucks!!!
When I first joined in 1999 they had GREAT MUSIC, but then something happened....and now its stupid. You can hear the THUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMP of the Body Pump music back in the 'fish tank' over anything they might play out in the gym.

:whip:

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
Mostly Rammstein and Disturbed to really get me going. Some trance and drum n' bass as well.

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
pantera, hatebreed, lamb of god, slayer, megadeth, A.f.i(old).
atreyu(first c.d)..try that for a week you will put on 10 lbs for sure...

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
I voted Rock, however, I HATE everything on there except Metal! I am a Metal head for life!!!!!:head:

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Tool, Chevelle, Breaking Benjamins, Red, Disturbed, Godsmack and so on. I listen to some rap mainly Game, 50 Cent, Trick Daddy and Eminem.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
Tupac 90 percent of the time i'm in the gym. Then a little bit of mobb deep, jedi mind tricks, immortal technique on the side.