Excel Help!

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I have a quick question. I have a graph in excel that is exponential (non linear).

I want to add a trendline to it but not one that takes into account all of the data points. I want to add a trendline that only takes into accounts values from say 50-75 instead of 1-75 like the default.

Anyone have any idea how to do this?

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Can you double click the trendline on the graph. Then go to the options tab..or the custom box? I think its in there, i'm going off the top of my head.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go to the dropdown list at the top of the window that says "Chart"

Select "Source Data"

Add a new source.

Set to points 50-75

Take the trendline of that curve.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Go to the dropdown list at the top of the window that says "Chart"

Select "Source Data"

Add a new source.

Set to points 50-75

Take the trendline of that curve.
Thanks, yeah I ended up doing that, although the only problem is it doesn't actually display a long line, it is a little tiny one.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do you mean by a tiny little line?

Do you want the regression line to go through the whole graph? If so, you can just graph the trendline equation.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Lake,
Just take the trendline equation (right click on the trendline itself and check the box to add the equation - and R^2 if you want to assess the fit).

Create your own trendline by picking increments of X and using the equation to get the Y variable in the worksheet.

This will allow you have a curve fit of 1000 data points (or whatever) that goes further out on the X axis.

BTW - :lol: @ Lake's "tiny line".

onelife

onelife

Awards
you could always go into the help option and search it that way.. i always find the help feature surprisingly useful

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
God damn I hate Excell. It taunts me. I'd be typing in some info, next thing I know I'm changing an equation, then the equations gone, then half my **** has changed.

Excell does NOT like to be fat fingered it seems.