Who is Ron Paul?

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
A republican who respects personal rights?...

interesting.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sean Paul's cousin from Maine?

...lol

Jet

Awards
  • Established
In my opinion, he's the best guy in the running. I doubt he'll make it all the way though...

ECTOmorph

ECTOmorph

Awards
  • Established
In my opinion, he's the best guy in the running. I doubt he'll make it all the way though...
i thought it was doubtfull too

but hes been raising money like crazy so it looks more possible now

Jet

Awards
  • Established
i thought it was doubtfull too

but hes been raising money like crazy so it looks more possible now
I think he's been gaining a lot of popularity lately because he has underdog appeal. The media refused to acknowledge him until he started winning straw polls and raising millions of dollars without their attention.

I hope he gets the airtime he deserves.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am not a Republican, but I would vote for Ron Paul if he received the GOP nomination.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
He seems like the best dark-horse candidate I've seen.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I'd vote for him if I could on his words and demeanor alone.

What do you guys, really have, to lose?

Much Love

Neoborn

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I'm republican if I have to choose left or right. I prefer the term Centrist. This guy looks like he's more center-right than anything. Thats kind of where I stand on issues.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
I'm republican if I have to choose left or right. I prefer the term Centrist. This guy looks like he's more center-right than anything. Thats kind of where I stand on issues.
Ron Paul strikes me as someone who will do what's right for country irregardless of political alliances. Have to respect someone willing to do that...i dont I've seen someone willing to do that in my lifetime.

I'm not a big fan of all his libertarian leanings but it is compelling.

Tiberius

Awards
  • Established
One of the problems with most people when they choose who to support seems to be they think they are voting to elect a dictator and not a president. They forget that not everything the President proposes will pass. They forget that Congress writes and passes the laws.

None of the more extreme views Paul has would ever get any kind of traction. What Paul WOULD do is come up with budget proposals that are far leaner than any other president in history. He'd probably manage to balance the budget. He'd reduce taxes somewhat. He'd veto spending bills. He'd help eliminate a ton of pork. He'd veto any bill increasing government involvement in everyday life.

What he wouldn't be able to do is reverse Roe v Wade, eliminate the IRS, FDA, DEA, etc., withdraw us from the UN, or any of the other more extreme ideas he has.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am not a Republican, but I would vote for Ron Paul if he received the GOP nomination.
I would vote for him as well, but I highly doubt he is going to get the GOP nomination. They haven't really even acknoweldged the guy in the media, lately.

It's a Giuliani v. Clinton, election.

I'm completely against Clinton, and don't like Giuliani much either; however, I believe he is the lesser of the two evils.