Anyone else injured?

AM07

Awards
  • Established
So whom else is injured and can't SFW?? This **** is pissing me off! I sprained my ankle almost two weeks ago, and I still can't walk on the fukcer! I'm on crutches, and there's no sign of me walking anytime soon. Read a lot online, and it seems like I have a grade 3 sprain, the worst one can get.

According to the American Academy of Family Physicians, a Grade 3 sprain entails:

complete tear and loss of integrity of a ligament
Severe swelling (more than 4 cm about the fibula)
Severe ecchymosis
Loss of function and motion (i.e., patient is unable to bear weight or ambulate)
Mechanical instability (moderate to severe positivity of clinical stress examination)

I have all of those symptoms! FCUK! It happened while playing basketball. I ran about 5 feet, and it twisted bad and I felt something pop out and pop back in. I was in a **** load of pain for about 5 minutes and then it started to swell.

So is anyone else out of the lifting game for awhile due to some stupid, fcuking dumb sh!t of a reason like myself?

For those of you not injured, go SFW!!!

firefighter2032

firefighter2032

Awards
  • Established
If it makes you feel any better...

I was doing SLDL about 3 weeks ago...my 2nd rep of my first set caused my right hamstring to lock up. I dropped the weight and fell face first to the ground. I yelled for my wife to come down to the basement and she so kindly helped me by digging her heal into my hamstring. I gimped around for a few days but it got better. After about 2 weeks I figured I was ok so I did some squats. I got done and everything was fine until I bent over to pick up a dumbell. My hamstring locked up again. It's feeling better now, but I'm going to give it a little more time. I can't really do legs right now, which sucks, but having what feels pretty much like a HUGE charlie horse in my hamstring isn't worth the roll of the dice for me right now.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Damn man, I hope you feel better.

I've been icing this ***** 5-6 times a day for the past week. I'm hoping by mid-next week, I can limp around with my moon boot the doctor provided for me.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am hurting, but not injured (thankfully). I have some tendinitis in my achilles, elbows, and knees, but nothing unmanageable.

Heal soon and good luck.

greenwing7

greenwing7

Awards
well I think that I can help you feel better with my out of the game story... I had a hematoma from soccer from my pelvic girtle(top of my hip) down my right quad to my knee... the swelling was so intense that some of it even made it down into my calf area. the crazy thing was that I went out that night after the game but the pain became so intense that I had to go home and eventually went to see the doctor the next day. This put me out of bending my knee for about 3 months. and the atrophy was killer. Vioxx, electrical stimulation, and ultrasound therapy 3 times a week for the three months and I finally got some movement. MRI's took about 3 weeks to get done, they looked at them and said if they had done them sooner they would have surgically removed it from my leg because of the compression on my blood vessles and nerves. All is better now.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Wow, my injury is very minor compared to what you suffered!

So how did they fix the swelling of blood?

greenwing7

greenwing7

Awards
took 3 months for it to break down in my body and be re-absorbed I had those electrical pads and stimulated my vastus lateralis (the outside quad) and they used ultra sound with jelly stuff to help transmit the waves to break up the clot... and then I took Vioxx(now banned by the FDA or at a minimum pulled by the drug company) its a Cox2 inhibitor and really helped witht the swelling and sped things up. Sprained ankles are a btich cause they are always in your way... when you get better see if you can strengthen up your ankles with some balance stuff... if your not walking it has to be kind of serious keep doing workouts of your other body parts they will help reduce your atrophy and reduce your recovery time

at the time it didn't seem like it was that big of a deal kind of young and invincible but in hind sight shiit was pretty serious