What do you all do for a living?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. What do you all do for a living?


    Guys out of school more specifically.
    Im still tryint o figure out my major i know i want something science, nutrition or chemistry somehthing along those line. I would love something to lead into supplements but right now it looks like im headed along the lines of...
    Nutritionsist then...
    Personal Trainer degree...
    then business
    And hopefully eventually open a gym or nutrition/supplement store.
    I was even looking at something like Clinical Labratory Tech.


  2. What year are you in college ?

    It might make more sense to buy into a franchise like Vitamin Shoppe if you want to get into supplements. I'm not gonna say GNC for obvious reasons. I like Vitamin Shoppe though, I go there alot.
    •   
       


  3. Skul? wats dat? I don't believe in working for a living...One should suck the teet of society for as ong as possible.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Skul? wats dat? I don't believe in working for a living...One should suck the teet of society for as ong as possible.
    haha how do you manage that if i may ask sir?


    I am kind of second year...

  5. I own/operate a family business. Machining and fabrication. A great field if you can get in with a good company. We're small enough that we don't hire, but big enough that we don't turn down much. Small enough that we can do custom parts and small runs, but big enough to do smaller production runs with high tolerance call outs.

  6. I'm switching my major at semester to a Nutrition(Dietetics) major.

  7. I've actually been sitting on my GI bill for 6 years because I don't have a clue.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by rpen22 View Post
    I'm switching my major at semester to a Nutrition(Dietetics) major.
    Nice. What school?State?
    I am tryi to stick to sciences. I satrted off in mechanics but dint feel like doin the labor...haha but i lift all the time....makes sense huh. anyways. Something in health/sciences will pay pretty good anyway, id be happy around 35K+ i think.

  9. I am a semester away from a BS degree in Exercise and Sports Science, then I can finally get my CSCS and train some athletes. I will go back to grad school after I save up for a few years.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  10. ASU and Flordia State University have the best looking girls out of all the colleges in the US.
    •   
       


  11. 35k a year really isn't much at all.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    ASU and Flordia State University have the best looking girls out of all the colleges in the US.
    I agree.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    35k a year really isn't much at all.
    really just to be "comfortable" single it should be plenty, if i have a wife i hope shes bring in some money. If its the one its lookin like shes goin to be a teacher...every girl actually i know that is seeming serious is goin to be a teacher now that i think about it..WTF?! so yea not mcuh comin from that side.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    35k a year really isn't much at all.
    Yeah, when you factor in all the bills you will have nowadays, even if single it aint much but some fields pay worse.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    really just to be "comfortable" single it should be plenty, if i have a wife i hope shes bring in some money. If its the one its lookin like shes goin to be a teacher...every girl actually i know that is seeming serious is goin to be a teacher now that i think about it..WTF?! so yea not mcuh comin from that side.
    Dont ever HOPE a significant other will be or do something. I have a cousin in the IT industry. He works for Apple. Well, he got married to a lovely woman, and she quit her job that week. She started spending and didn't stop for 5 months. Thats about the time he kicked her sorry ass out for good.

    Be fsking careful when you talk about marriage. The **** is for real. You hear people ***** about how certain supplements are either illegal or dangerous...****, marriage should be scrutenized by the DEA and FDA. It will kill you if you don't do it just right.

  16. i wouldnt rely but take into consideration that there would be more income. I understand completely that you never rely. My parents are divorced and my dad makes 75K plus as a computer programer. My mom well she is a coder at a hospital and makes enough for us to sqeak by on. ive been through some **** already and i knwo what needs to be done.

  17. being single 35K isn't a ton of money, but if you manage it properly you'll be alright.

    I've said this time and time again to everyone I know and the thing is I also knew this too in college:

    Make sure what you decide is something you enjoy (or atleast don't hate) or else your life will suck. There is nothing worse than choosing the wrong career path and hating your job everyday...because well, it is what you'll be doing for the rest of your life. It is a good thing that you know this though, but that should be your #1 factor in your career path. Money comes in at #2.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    I've said this time and time again to everyone I know and the thing is I also knew this too in college:

    Make sure what you decide is something you enjoy (or atleast don't hate) or else your life will suck. There is nothing worse than choosing the wrong career path and hating your job everyday...because well, it is what you'll be doing for the rest of your life. It is a good thing that you know this though, but that should be your #1 factor in your career path. Money comes in at #2.
    That's why I decided recently to change my major and just hope that it really turns out to be the best decision.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by rpen22 View Post
    That's why I decided recently to change my major and just hope that it really turns out to be the best decision.
    If you go nutritionist make sure you go to a school with the proper program eatright.org has info.
    Dietician will be alil more "scientific" and structurally involved. gettin there is close to the same though, still need biology and scinces as far as i know.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    If you go nutritionist make sure you go to a school with the proper program eatright.org has info.
    Dietician will be alil more "scientific" and structurally involved. gettin there is close to the same though, still need biology and scinces as far as i know.
    I'll check out that site, but yeah I am finishing up my Bio this semester but then there's Chem, Organic Chem, Biochem, and Microbiology too.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by rpen22 View Post
    I'll check out that site, but yeah I am finishing up my Bio this semester but then there's Chem, Organic Chem, Biochem, and Microbiology too.
    mmmmhhhhhmmmmmmm.....i think anatomy also....

  22. Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    mmmmhhhhhmmmmmmm.....i think anatomy also....
    Yeah, when I said I was finishing my Bio this semester, I meant Bio 202 which is Anatomy/Physiology.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by rpen22 View Post
    Yeah, when I said I was finishing my Bio this semester, I meant Bio 202 which is Anatomy/Physiology.
    ahhh gotcha

  24. I used to be a Bio major and dropped it. I'm about a year away from getting my BSBA in Finance. I used to be a personal trainer and after about a year of that I knew for sure that wasn't anything I wanted to do as a profession.

    I plan on moving back to Chicago once I get my degree, get a job, get my MBA, and then go from there. I-banking, possibly. I'll have to see. I know I for sure want to supplement my income with poker. It's a big hobby of mine, and I'm an e****lent player. There's too much money to be made not to take advantage of it.

  25. Porn star
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

  26. Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    Porn star
    There you go. No college degree necessary, something we all enjoy, and flexible hours !

    I'm a teacher and a football coach. If anyone chooses teaching then he/she better get a graduate degree or the money will suck for a while. Coaching also helps me get a little bit of extra money. Sports gambling is also my side job. It pays all right if you know what you're doing and can be disciplined.

  27. I drive a tractor trailer part-time and do office work part-time. Work 50+ hours/week. Make 15$/hour and that sheeit isn't EVEN CLOSE TO BEING ENOUGH.

    I was living with a girlfriend but recently I broke it off with her and I'm SOOOO much happier now. The only thing I miss is that paying the bills was MUCH easier and actually had extra money then to save and spend. Now all my money is gone every paycheck and I can't even scratch the surface of saving/spending on going out, etc..

    I'm actually meeting with a college counselor at 2pm today for radiology. I still need 28 more credits to get my degree in CIS/tellecommunications but I dislike computers with a PASSION. Cept for the internet, obviously. But from all that I've talked to, etc, etc...I think I'll like radiology and it does pay well.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by lifted View Post
    I drive a tractor trailer part-time and do office work part-time. Work 50+ hours/week. Make 15$/hour and that sheeit isn't EVEN CLOSE TO BEING ENOUGH.

    I was living with a girlfriend but recently I broke it off with her and I'm SOOOO much happier now. The only thing I miss is that paying the bills was MUCH easier and actually had extra money then to save and spend. Now all my money is gone every paycheck and I can't even scratch the surface of saving/spending on going out, etc..

    I'm actually meeting with a college counselor at 2pm today for radiology. I still need 28 more credits to get my degree in CIS/tellecommunications but I dislike computers with a PASSION. Cept for the internet, obviously. But from all that I've talked to, etc, etc...I think I'll like radiology and it does pay well.
    I took several nuclear physics courses which some overlay into radiology for a minor and they were quite challenging.

    Of course there is no other class that is worse than Whoreganic Chemistry. I never liked that class....ever. I took an accelerated course that covered 1 year worth of material in 1 semester which made it that much worse.

  29. IM GOIN BIO CHEMISTRY/ POSSIBLY PRE MED...NOT TOO SURE.. I WANNA BE AN ENDOCRIE SPECIALIST OR WORK RESEARCH DEVELOPEMENT IN THE PHARMACUTICAL INDUSTRY... I FIGURE IF I CAN MAKE AN UNDITECTABLE "JUICE" I CAN SELL IT TO BARREY BONDS SO HE CAN BE A GOOD BALL PLAYER AGAIN...HAHAHA

  30. When I was very young and naive, it used to be my dream to become a doctor. Lol, now you couldn't pay me to be one.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Week off from training!! What do you all do??
    By Tboz in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-23-2011, 11:10 AM
  2. What do you all do for a living?
    By Rock Lee in forum General Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-22-2004, 10:38 PM
  3. What do you all do for biceps?
    By Rock Lee in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-20-2004, 06:00 PM
  4. what do you guys do for shoulder training?
    By hamper19 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 09:07 AM
  5. What do you all eat, if anything, for dessert?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-12-2003, 03:22 AM
Log in
Log in