Quitting The Mary Jane

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User

Quitting The Mary Jane

well i have decided it was time to quit the green. I have been smoking since I was 15. I have quit a couple times, once fore 8 months, but I always go back to it. I rarely drink, i don't smoke cigarettes, and don't do any other drugs. I am really psychologically addicted to it. Has any one out there quit cold turkey? I ordered some phenibut and gaba so I can get that relaxed feeling before bed. Any experienced quitters, any help would be awesome!

2. Registered User

3. Registered User

•   

4. Registered User

thanks for the "help"
  5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by hardestgainer View Post
    thanks for the "help"
    I figured it would be inspiration knowing that bin laden is a pot head.

So if you want to support terrorism, get high!
  6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    I figured it would be inspiration knowing that bin laden is a pot head.

So if you want to support terrorism, get high!
    hahaha, ok, that actually made me laugh. That's a good reason to quit!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

You should probably stop driving a car and using any form of petroleum product to really, fully, stop supporting terrorism.

Quit a while back and it wasn't hard at all. Just focus on something else like your training or go hardcore on your diet.

NAC is supposed to help with cravings for narcotics..don't know about pot though. I used lemon balm extract and oat seed extract to keep me calm and threw in some Nuerobalance EOD at night.

Smoked non-stop for 8 years and quit with no real issues at all. Sometimes I think "it'd be nice..." but it's not worth the hassle of tracking some down and risking arrest.
  8. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

i guess i quit for a very long time. I was going into the military and that made me quit for about 6 months then i smoked the night before leaving to boot camp lol what an idiot. But i passed the drug testing. I stayed off of it for a long time and just turned into an alcholic. After you quit you can see how much its not all what you think it is. Very rare occasion ill have a toke but i dont enjoy it too much. Just control yourself. Reality is already a trip as it is. I was such a hardcore drug addict that when i got off of drugs it was like reality was a whole nother trip. You have to look at what it does negatively for you. If you cant find negatives then you wont quit.
  9. Registered User

thanks guys, for some "real" contribution.
  10. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

its within yourself if you want to you can. it just that simple.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    7'5"  600 lbs.

For what ever reason, I've seen alot of people go back and forth between quitting, and not quitting in my life.

I don't smoke anything of any kind, so I don't have any of the addiction experience to back up my statements, but from observation only, and I've observed probably 20 different people with various habits that were friends and family, if you want to quit don't be a once a year type, or every now and again type. Just quit and don't do it again. If you have friends that do it, they will show you how good of friends they are if they support you in your decision to quit. If they hassle you, think about what else you have in common with those friends besides addiction.

Good luck!
  12. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

i forget where i read or heard that addiction is realling in your blood (DNA).
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.

^ i agree with this... i kicked drugs and alcohol but am addicted to bodybuilding supplements

chances are if you quit one thing you'll pick up something else to compensate... just try and make it something productive like parachute sailing
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Or downhill mountain bike racing.
  15. Bananas
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hardestgainer View Post
    well i have decided it was time to quit the green. I have been smoking since I was 15. I have quit a couple times, once fore 8 months, but I always go back to it. I rarely drink, i don't smoke cigarettes, and don't do any other drugs. I am really psychologically addicted to it. Has any one out there quit cold turkey? I ordered some phenibut and gaba so I can get that relaxed feeling before bed. Any experienced quitters, any help would be awesome!
    good luck with that bro
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    7'5"  600 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Or downhill mountain bike racing.
    Or basket weaving.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Or recreational people hating.
  18. Registered User

took one bad experience to forget about doing it EVER again
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.

BRO I AM A BIG SUPPORTER OF ANYONE WHO TRIES TO GIVE THIS STUFF UP... I SMOKED EVERYDAY FOR ABOUT SIX YEARS OF MY LIFE... IW AS GOING THROUGH A HALF OUNCE EVERY THREE DAYS AND ONE DAY JUST DECIDED TO STOP... IT WAS HARD TO RESIST AT FIRST BUT YOU WILL GET OVER THAT... AT FIRST I EXPOERIENCED A LACK OF APPETITE.. TAHT LASTED LIKE 3 WEEKS.. SECOND I FELT MORE AGGRESIVE...LASTED A GOOD MONTH... I WAS FREAKING OUT ON EVERYONE...THIRD I HAD TROUBLE SLEEPING...THIS WAS BAD THE FIRST MONTH... BUT GOT BETTER... I STILL DONT THINK I SLEEP QUIT AS SOUNDLY AS I USE TO.. THE WORST PART IS ALL THROUGH HIGHSCHOOL I USE TO GET GOOD GRADES STONED OUT OF MY MIND... I FEEL LIKE THE LONG TERM USE GAVE ME A.D.D... IM STILL TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT.... THIS WAS ABOUT TWO YEARS AGO... I WENT 8 MONTHS THEN TOOK A COUPLE HITS... I DIDNT LIKE IT IT MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS TRIPPING OUT WAY TOO HARD... I NOW HATE THE "HIPPIE LETTUCE"... AND IT WILL BE A YEAR FROM THE LAST TIME ON THANKSGIVING AND I HAVE NO DESIRE... I CAN SIT IN A ROOM OF MY STONER FRIENDS AND NOT EVEN WANT TO SMOKE...gOOD LUCK MAN... I HOPE IT GOES AS SMOOTHLY AS POSSIBLE....
  20. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

yeah i trip out way too much now. With all the crazy things that have happen in my life since i quit smoking regularly it really doesnt help me having racing thoughts about all kinds of things. If i start on a negative thought it just doesnt stop when im on that stuff. I also noticed that i was more aggressive and got in alot more fights. To this day its still like that but ive learned to control my temper alot more now, i think being stoned all the time def. helped in that aspect. Now im also noticing after effects from smoking cannabis and all the other drugs i used to do...I have trouble making regular decisions and memory is not all that. I have noticed the weirdest things happen when i get stoned now, like magical sh1t lol. One night it was like 4am and people wanted to go home but i wanted to keep drinking so i said if this person beats me in rock paper scissors then we will go but if not then we are staying and finishing all the drinks. I beat that person then they wanted best of three, beat him again. Then the next person wanted to try, beat him and the next and next and next. Then it was up to the last person from 7 people and i beat her too....what are the odds of beating 7 people in a row at rock paper scissors? lol sorry just rambling.
  21. Registered User

hahaha, magical ****. lol. Thanks alot for all the support guys. It's day four and things are going ok. Still waiting for my phenibut and gaba to help me sleep. Last night took my like 1.5 hours to fall asleep. It felt like I had some restless leg syndrome going on or something. Anyways, i have made the decision to quit and I am sticking to it. Just trying not to drink more often, like I did the last time I quit. That's why I liked weed so much, no hangover, doesn't really effect your body building goals, besides maybe a little less motivation. But anyways, thanks again for the support guys, and I think I have finally beat the green monster!
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Try some lemon balm extract and oat seed extract. Really help me with the restlessness.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    7'5"  600 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    yeah i trip out way too much now. With all the crazy things that have happen in my life since i quit smoking regularly it really doesnt help me having racing thoughts about all kinds of things. If i start on a negative thought it just doesnt stop when im on that stuff. I also noticed that i was more aggressive and got in alot more fights. To this day its still like that but ive learned to control my temper alot more now, i think being stoned all the time def. helped in that aspect. Now im also noticing after effects from smoking cannabis and all the other drugs i used to do...I have trouble making regular decisions and memory is not all that. I have noticed the weirdest things happen when i get stoned now, like magical sh1t lol. One night it was like 4am and people wanted to go home but i wanted to keep drinking so i said if this person beats me in rock paper scissors then we will go but if not then we are staying and finishing all the drinks. I beat that person then they wanted best of three, beat him again. Then the next person wanted to try, beat him and the next and next and next. Then it was up to the last person from 7 people and i beat her too....what are the odds of beating 7 people in a row at rock paper scissors? lol sorry just rambling.
    Sounds like you need to start taking on people at the bars with rock paper scissors instead of the old school arm wrastlin. Or maybe just going up to random people and calling them on to a round of RPS.

Teach yourself RPS Extreme.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

I just tripped out on that diagram.

lol
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

I quit a month and a half ago.. ive been temped lots but not actually acting on the impulses is the reason i know i wont do it again. Think about the beautiful memories you've lost or the ones you were sitting on a couch missing out on. Realise that mari is a depressant and how can you live your life to the fullest under a depressant that steals drive and motivation. I call weed the complacecency drug bc it makes what you have "enough" your happy on a dirty couch with a cookie and a t.v fixed to one channel. Mind you there are always individual differences in reaction and effects, noone is better under a drug causing memory loss , decreased fine motor skills, brain cell death, lowered testosterone and low sperm count. Theres always somone who can tell you how to live with it but use your judgement to realise it takes will power and a strong mind to live without it. Never again.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.

"I call weed the complacecency drug bc it makes what you have "enough" your happy on a dirty couch with a cookie and a t.v fixed to one channel"

well i call it hippie lettuce...haha
  27. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted View Post
    I quit a month and a half ago.. ive been temped lots but not actually acting on the impulses is the reason i know i wont do it again. Think about the beautiful memories you've lost or the ones you were sitting on a couch missing out on. Realise that mari is a depressant and how can you live your life to the fullest under a depressant that steals drive and motivation. I call weed the complacecency drug bc it makes what you have "enough" your happy on a dirty couch with a cookie and a t.v fixed to one channel. Mind you there are always individual differences in reaction and effects, noone is better under a drug causing memory loss , decreased fine motor skills, brain cell death, lowered testosterone and low sperm count. Theres always somone who can tell you how to live with it but use your judgement to realise it takes will power and a strong mind to live without it. Never again.

I was never really the "typical" pothead, sitting on a couch all day, eating munchies. I work 40 hours a week, while completing a criminology degree, working out, and volunteering. But i know it's not good for me to use it as an "escape" from the real world.
  28. Registered User

If you're just using it as a nightcap, then keep on taking hits from the bong!
  29. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

I used to smoke a lot back in HS and stopped for a little until I was 21. I went on a little bit of a tear then, but I haven't had any since April 20th.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  30. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

i cant say ive completly quit but the best thing is that i have full control and i dont feel like i have to get blazed all the time. Once a true stoney, youll always will have it in you imo. it can be quite interesting once in a great while but the everyday thing is just not for me esp when youre an adult with responsiblities.

Dr. Packenwood, youre a funny guy. I never knew about RPS extreme haha i was trippin out on that, i dont think i would ever play it tho, too many dungeons and dragons tourneys to play . I love your quote hahahahahaha
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Quitting the cancer sticks. .
    By lurker44 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 03:20 PM
  2. Sweet Mary Jane.. On cycle?
    By push400 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 10:44 AM
  3. quitting the smoking habit
    By Sinon in forum Exercise Science