Quitting The Mary Jane - AnabolicMinds.com

Quitting The Mary Jane

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    hardestgainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    249

    Reputation

    Quitting The Mary Jane


    well i have decided it was time to quit the green. I have been smoking since I was 15. I have quit a couple times, once fore 8 months, but I always go back to it. I rarely drink, i don't smoke cigarettes, and don't do any other drugs. I am really psychologically addicted to it. Has any one out there quit cold turkey? I ordered some phenibut and gaba so I can get that relaxed feeling before bed. Any experienced quitters, any help would be awesome!

  2. New Member
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    174

    Reputation

  3. New Member
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    174

    Reputation

    •   
       

  4. New Member
    hardestgainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    249

    Reputation

    thanks for the "help"
  5. New Member
    xjsynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    174

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hardestgainer View Post
    thanks for the "help"
    I figured it would be inspiration knowing that bin laden is a pot head.

    So if you want to support terrorism, get high!
  6. New Member
    hardestgainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    249

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    I figured it would be inspiration knowing that bin laden is a pot head.

    So if you want to support terrorism, get high!
    hahaha, ok, that actually made me laugh. That's a good reason to quit!
  7. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    You should probably stop driving a car and using any form of petroleum product to really, fully, stop supporting terrorism.

    Quit a while back and it wasn't hard at all. Just focus on something else like your training or go hardcore on your diet.

    NAC is supposed to help with cravings for narcotics..don't know about pot though. I used lemon balm extract and oat seed extract to keep me calm and threw in some Nuerobalance EOD at night.

    Smoked non-stop for 8 years and quit with no real issues at all. Sometimes I think "it'd be nice..." but it's not worth the hassle of tracking some down and risking arrest.
  8. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    i guess i quit for a very long time. I was going into the military and that made me quit for about 6 months then i smoked the night before leaving to boot camp lol what an idiot. But i passed the drug testing. I stayed off of it for a long time and just turned into an alcholic. After you quit you can see how much its not all what you think it is. Very rare occasion ill have a toke but i dont enjoy it too much. Just control yourself. Reality is already a trip as it is. I was such a hardcore drug addict that when i got off of drugs it was like reality was a whole nother trip. You have to look at what it does negatively for you. If you cant find negatives then you wont quit.
  9. New Member
    hardestgainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    249

    Reputation

    thanks guys, for some "real" contribution.
  10. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    its within yourself if you want to you can. it just that simple.
  11. Senior Member
    Dr Packenwood's Avatar
    Stats
    7'5"  600 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,257
    Rep Power
    716

    Reputation

    For what ever reason, I've seen alot of people go back and forth between quitting, and not quitting in my life.

    I don't smoke anything of any kind, so I don't have any of the addiction experience to back up my statements, but from observation only, and I've observed probably 20 different people with various habits that were friends and family, if you want to quit don't be a once a year type, or every now and again type. Just quit and don't do it again. If you have friends that do it, they will show you how good of friends they are if they support you in your decision to quit. If they hassle you, think about what else you have in common with those friends besides addiction.

    Good luck!
  12. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation


    i forget where i read or heard that addiction is realling in your blood (DNA).
  13. Advanced Member
    Movin_weight's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    1887

    Reputation

    ^ i agree with this... i kicked drugs and alcohol but am addicted to bodybuilding supplements

    chances are if you quit one thing you'll pick up something else to compensate... just try and make it something productive like parachute sailing
  14. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Or downhill mountain bike racing.
  15. Bananas
    TripDog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    Rep Power
    5550

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hardestgainer View Post
    well i have decided it was time to quit the green. I have been smoking since I was 15. I have quit a couple times, once fore 8 months, but I always go back to it. I rarely drink, i don't smoke cigarettes, and don't do any other drugs. I am really psychologically addicted to it. Has any one out there quit cold turkey? I ordered some phenibut and gaba so I can get that relaxed feeling before bed. Any experienced quitters, any help would be awesome!
    good luck with that bro
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  16. Senior Member
    Dr Packenwood's Avatar
    Stats
    7'5"  600 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,257
    Rep Power
    716

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Or downhill mountain bike racing.
    Or basket weaving.
  17. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Or recreational people hating.
  18. New Member
    onelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    246
    Rep Power
    208

    Reputation

    took one bad experience to forget about doing it EVER again
  19. Advanced Member
    BIGG DOGG's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    525
    Rep Power
    350

    Reputation

    BRO I AM A BIG SUPPORTER OF ANYONE WHO TRIES TO GIVE THIS STUFF UP... I SMOKED EVERYDAY FOR ABOUT SIX YEARS OF MY LIFE... IW AS GOING THROUGH A HALF OUNCE EVERY THREE DAYS AND ONE DAY JUST DECIDED TO STOP... IT WAS HARD TO RESIST AT FIRST BUT YOU WILL GET OVER THAT... AT FIRST I EXPOERIENCED A LACK OF APPETITE.. TAHT LASTED LIKE 3 WEEKS.. SECOND I FELT MORE AGGRESIVE...LASTED A GOOD MONTH... I WAS FREAKING OUT ON EVERYONE...THIRD I HAD TROUBLE SLEEPING...THIS WAS BAD THE FIRST MONTH... BUT GOT BETTER... I STILL DONT THINK I SLEEP QUIT AS SOUNDLY AS I USE TO.. THE WORST PART IS ALL THROUGH HIGHSCHOOL I USE TO GET GOOD GRADES STONED OUT OF MY MIND... I FEEL LIKE THE LONG TERM USE GAVE ME A.D.D... IM STILL TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT.... THIS WAS ABOUT TWO YEARS AGO... I WENT 8 MONTHS THEN TOOK A COUPLE HITS... I DIDNT LIKE IT IT MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS TRIPPING OUT WAY TOO HARD... I NOW HATE THE "HIPPIE LETTUCE"... AND IT WILL BE A YEAR FROM THE LAST TIME ON THANKSGIVING AND I HAVE NO DESIRE... I CAN SIT IN A ROOM OF MY STONER FRIENDS AND NOT EVEN WANT TO SMOKE...gOOD LUCK MAN... I HOPE IT GOES AS SMOOTHLY AS POSSIBLE....
  20. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    yeah i trip out way too much now. With all the crazy things that have happen in my life since i quit smoking regularly it really doesnt help me having racing thoughts about all kinds of things. If i start on a negative thought it just doesnt stop when im on that stuff. I also noticed that i was more aggressive and got in alot more fights. To this day its still like that but ive learned to control my temper alot more now, i think being stoned all the time def. helped in that aspect. Now im also noticing after effects from smoking cannabis and all the other drugs i used to do...I have trouble making regular decisions and memory is not all that. I have noticed the weirdest things happen when i get stoned now, like magical sh1t lol. One night it was like 4am and people wanted to go home but i wanted to keep drinking so i said if this person beats me in rock paper scissors then we will go but if not then we are staying and finishing all the drinks. I beat that person then they wanted best of three, beat him again. Then the next person wanted to try, beat him and the next and next and next. Then it was up to the last person from 7 people and i beat her too....what are the odds of beating 7 people in a row at rock paper scissors? lol sorry just rambling.
  21. New Member
    hardestgainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    249

    Reputation

    hahaha, magical ****. lol. Thanks alot for all the support guys. It's day four and things are going ok. Still waiting for my phenibut and gaba to help me sleep. Last night took my like 1.5 hours to fall asleep. It felt like I had some restless leg syndrome going on or something. Anyways, i have made the decision to quit and I am sticking to it. Just trying not to drink more often, like I did the last time I quit. That's why I liked weed so much, no hangover, doesn't really effect your body building goals, besides maybe a little less motivation. But anyways, thanks again for the support guys, and I think I have finally beat the green monster!
  22. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Try some lemon balm extract and oat seed extract. Really help me with the restlessness.
  23. Senior Member
    Dr Packenwood's Avatar
    Stats
    7'5"  600 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,257
    Rep Power
    716

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    yeah i trip out way too much now. With all the crazy things that have happen in my life since i quit smoking regularly it really doesnt help me having racing thoughts about all kinds of things. If i start on a negative thought it just doesnt stop when im on that stuff. I also noticed that i was more aggressive and got in alot more fights. To this day its still like that but ive learned to control my temper alot more now, i think being stoned all the time def. helped in that aspect. Now im also noticing after effects from smoking cannabis and all the other drugs i used to do...I have trouble making regular decisions and memory is not all that. I have noticed the weirdest things happen when i get stoned now, like magical sh1t lol. One night it was like 4am and people wanted to go home but i wanted to keep drinking so i said if this person beats me in rock paper scissors then we will go but if not then we are staying and finishing all the drinks. I beat that person then they wanted best of three, beat him again. Then the next person wanted to try, beat him and the next and next and next. Then it was up to the last person from 7 people and i beat her too....what are the odds of beating 7 people in a row at rock paper scissors? lol sorry just rambling.
    Sounds like you need to start taking on people at the bars with rock paper scissors instead of the old school arm wrastlin. Or maybe just going up to random people and calling them on to a round of RPS.

    Teach yourself RPS Extreme.
  24. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I just tripped out on that diagram.

    lol
  25. Registered User
    somewhatgifted's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,390
    Rep Power
    2334

    Reputation

    I quit a month and a half ago.. ive been temped lots but not actually acting on the impulses is the reason i know i wont do it again. Think about the beautiful memories you've lost or the ones you were sitting on a couch missing out on. Realise that mari is a depressant and how can you live your life to the fullest under a depressant that steals drive and motivation. I call weed the complacecency drug bc it makes what you have "enough" your happy on a dirty couch with a cookie and a t.v fixed to one channel. Mind you there are always individual differences in reaction and effects, noone is better under a drug causing memory loss , decreased fine motor skills, brain cell death, lowered testosterone and low sperm count. Theres always somone who can tell you how to live with it but use your judgement to realise it takes will power and a strong mind to live without it. Never again.
  26. Advanced Member
    BIGG DOGG's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    525
    Rep Power
    350

    Reputation

    "I call weed the complacecency drug bc it makes what you have "enough" your happy on a dirty couch with a cookie and a t.v fixed to one channel"

    well i call it hippie lettuce...haha
  27. New Member
    hardestgainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    249

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted View Post
    I quit a month and a half ago.. ive been temped lots but not actually acting on the impulses is the reason i know i wont do it again. Think about the beautiful memories you've lost or the ones you were sitting on a couch missing out on. Realise that mari is a depressant and how can you live your life to the fullest under a depressant that steals drive and motivation. I call weed the complacecency drug bc it makes what you have "enough" your happy on a dirty couch with a cookie and a t.v fixed to one channel. Mind you there are always individual differences in reaction and effects, noone is better under a drug causing memory loss , decreased fine motor skills, brain cell death, lowered testosterone and low sperm count. Theres always somone who can tell you how to live with it but use your judgement to realise it takes will power and a strong mind to live without it. Never again.

    I was never really the "typical" pothead, sitting on a couch all day, eating munchies. I work 40 hours a week, while completing a criminology degree, working out, and volunteering. But i know it's not good for me to use it as an "escape" from the real world.
  28. Senior Member
    AM07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,151
    Rep Power
    677

    Reputation

    If you're just using it as a nightcap, then keep on taking hits from the bong!
  29. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,991
    Rep Power
    917959

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I used to smoke a lot back in HS and stopped for a little until I was 21. I went on a little bit of a tear then, but I haven't had any since April 20th.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  30. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    i cant say ive completly quit but the best thing is that i have full control and i dont feel like i have to get blazed all the time. Once a true stoney, youll always will have it in you imo. it can be quite interesting once in a great while but the everyday thing is just not for me esp when youre an adult with responsiblities.


    Dr. Packenwood, youre a funny guy. I never knew about RPS extreme haha i was trippin out on that, i dont think i would ever play it tho, too many dungeons and dragons tourneys to play . I love your quote hahahahahaha
  31. New Member
    shaunnner's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    269
    Rep Power
    219

    Reputation

    i quit, keep pushin u can do it
  32. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Most of the "kills brain cells and destroys your memory" statements have been disproven by science, however using it or any other mind altering drug constantly..like 24/7 is just stupid and waste IMO.

    I never smoked in the daytime because it kept me from doing the things I liked the most. I refuse to drive under it's influence just as I would alcohol and I never ran around in public baked. I used it as a nightcap..to de-stress from a long day, relax muscles and sleep like a baby.

    During that time I launched a successful career, wrote numerous technical reports and did research, started a business and a family.

    I think a lot of people use pot as their excuse for not having direction in their lives. It does give a sense of complacency BUT doing absolutely nothing for years on end is not the pot, it's the user.
  33. Senior Member
    Flaw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Power
    1401

    Reputation

    I think with any addictions the best solution is to stop completely and never look back. I think anything can be addictive without necessarily having addictive properties. You can religiously go to your favorite fast food joint everyday for their flurry or frosty for years and then one day you try to clean up your diet. You say to yourself ok.. no problem. But then the days go by and that frosty or whatever has memories with it and comfort and all you want is that frosty. It has become like ocd. You must have it.

    If you want help supplement wise look into this to help kick your habit.

    X-Dream (60 caps) By IBE

    Otherwise like i said in the first line is you must stop completely and never turn back. I was fortunate enough that I only smoked mary jane twice. I was more the alcohol type. It's been 4 years since mary jane but the older I get I find a temptation to try it again but I won't. Alcohol has done a mess to my brain. Causing chemical imbalances. I could drink 2 beers and it throws me off big time anymore so I have decided to stop it completely and let my serotonin, gaba, aceytlcholine, and dopamine restore itself. Hopefully i'm done with it for sure this time. I go out with friends that don't drink much so that helps. I personally feel alcohol is the worst drug on earth. It's made by man.. go figure. From research and friends marijuana seems to have a lot less long term effects once they have quit.
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

    WHAT has science offered?
  34. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Totally agree, Flaw. All the research points to MJ being "habit forming" but not addictive per se. It's a comfort thing and once you get used to it's comfort, you're not inclined to be without it..BUT it certainly isn't going to have you going through DT's, puking or freaking out because you don't have it.

    As you stated, people can get "addicted" to anything but I am firmly of the belief that outside of narcotics/meth/alcohol/nicotine, most of the other addictions are an escape from something. Until you deal with that something, it's going to be hard to quit.

    I was likely escaping from a lack of certainty over what direction I needed to go. Now I'm pretty certain of what I want out of life and MJ really is so far in the background that I could do without it for life.

    Will I dabble here and there? Oh probably.

    There is some disagreement in the treatment community over the "quit for life" or "simply manage yourself better" philosophies...as in some alcoholics can clean up their act and years later, be able to enjoy a drink in moderation every so often without losing control. I know quite a few former alcoholics who currently do this.
  35. Advanced Member
    BIGG DOGG's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    525
    Rep Power
    350

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Totally agree, Flaw. All the research points to MJ being "habit forming" but not addictive per se. It's a comfort thing and once you get used to it's comfort, you're not inclined to be without it..BUT it certainly isn't going to have you going through DT's, puking or freaking out because you don't have it.

    As you stated, people can get "addicted" to anything but I am firmly of the belief that outside of narcotics/meth/alcohol/nicotine, most of the other addictions are an escape from something. Until you deal with that something, it's going to be hard to quit.

    I was likely escaping from a lack of certainty over what direction I needed to go. Now I'm pretty certain of what I want out of life and MJ really is so far in the background that I could do without it for life.

    Will I dabble here and there? Oh probably.

    There is some disagreement in the treatment community over the "quit for life" or "simply manage yourself better" philosophies...as in some alcoholics can clean up their act and years later, be able to enjoy a drink in moderation every so often without losing control. I know quite a few former alcoholics who currently do this.
    I HAVE TO DISSAGREE WITH THIS TO SOME EXTENT...I SMOKED EVERY DAY AND DEVELOPED A TOLLERENCE TO IT... I FUNCTIONED PERFECTLY IN SOCIETY HIGH ALL DAY LONG...WORK SCHOOL AND LIFE IN GENERALL.... BUT WHEN I STOPPED THERE WAS DEFFINITLY PHYSICAL WITHDRWLS... NO APPETITE FOR LIKE A MONTH...I HAD TO FORCE MYSELF TO EAT...NO SLEEP..AND SEVERE MOODIENES...I ALSO FELT LIKE SH*T FOR A GOOD TWO WEEKS...POT WASNT AN EXCAPE... FOR ME IT WAS LIKE THE CHERRY ON TOP OF A SUNDAY... IT MADE EVERY THING I DID THAT MUCH MORE FUN/INTENSE....LIKE HIKING TO A SICK WATER HOLE OR EVEN GOING TO SEE A MOVIE...I ENJOYED THE WAY IT ENHANCED THINGS... NOT THE WAY IT MADE THINGS GO "AWAY"... JUST MY OPINION...
  36. Senior Member
    Flaw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Power
    1401

    Reputation

    I know you've seen half baked. Remember the part when chappelle goes to detox for marijuana. The guy goes have you ever sucked toes for marijuana.. I don't think so! It was hillarious but it's true. You don't see marijuana users going to the extent of heroin, cocaine, crack, meth, users do. Those I would classify as real addiction drugs.

    We all escape from things in life. I was told in a class one time that 99% of the time we take the path of least resistance. We can be compared to lightening. It's when we don't that we actually make changes and grow in our lives.

    I can agree with your last paragraph. Maybe there's nothing wrong with dabbing with something here and there if your not a true addict. But you have to look at the level of addiction. If doing the act makes you sad and brings you down after you do it then maybe u can't get away with it. If there's any form of guilt then you know. You also have those people that have never taken drugs or alcohol to the extremes. They have always done them in moderation. Those kind of people are rare but apparently don't have that addiction tendency.

    Since I work out a lot I would say i'm addicted to exercise and the endorphin release. If I don't work out for a couple days or a week I feel mentally unstable..

    I don't know anyone that doesn't have some sort of OCD/ addiction anymore. I think we live in hard times, high stress and people are always looking to escape. My mother which I would classify as the most stable person I know or have met loves her coffee and she drinks a lot of it. Other ones I have known who are stable as can be have to stay busy. Have to have some sort of physically exhausting job just to feel stable. This is life..
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

    WHAT has science offered?
  37. Registered User
    spatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    596

    Reputation

    I usually don't do it while school is in session (except for special occasions, birthdays, etc.). Its tough for like 2 days, then I don't even think about it personally.
  38. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    i actually got really messed up this weekend because of this thread lol...well lets say i was having a hard time functioning and i have to say that i wont be doing it again. I was going to say for a very long time but i think im better off saying i will never do it again. Just not worth it.
  39. New Member
    Ribo68's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    45
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    159

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hardestgainer View Post
    I was never really the "typical" pothead, sitting on a couch all day, eating munchies. I work 40 hours a week, while completing a criminology degree, working out, and volunteering. But i know it's not good for me to use it as an "escape" from the real world.

    I found it very funny that you're going into law enforcement
    as a chronic offender. The only problem I had when I left it behind was trying to sleep. Nyquil helped me through that.
    Good decision bro.
  40. New Member
    billm311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    262
    Rep Power
    225

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Movin_weight View Post
    ^ i agree with this... i kicked drugs and alcohol but am addicted to bodybuilding supplements

    chances are if you quit one thing you'll pick up something else to compensate... just try and make it something productive like parachute sailing
    haha, man i say that to my friends - basically, everyone has there poison, I just picked a different one. damn these supps are expensive.

    edit; after reading the rest of the thread, I am with bioman and flaw on this one. Life is what you make it. These things form habits, sometimes addictions, and they might be a way of turning our back to something else. Smoke, drink, whatever, just dont let it control you. I see it happen to my friends all to often.


    if you are the buyer, think of the money you can save. just dont buy it anymore. then it isnt there. If you dont create the opportunities, they wont happen. If its someone else, just let them know, make your decision, and stick too it.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Quitting the cancer sticks. .
    By lurker44 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 03:20 PM
  2. Sweet Mary Jane.. On cycle?
    By push400 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 10:44 AM
  3. quitting the smoking habit
    By Sinon in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 04:22 PM
  4. Quit the ZMA during Epi cycle?
    By glennwethere in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 12:51 PM
  5. Legalize Mary Jane!
    By manifesto in forum General Chat
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in