Hair Removal Solution

RJN4444

Awards
This looks pretty interesting.

Taken from the WIPO website.

Publication Number: WO/2001/080816

Sorry - second time poster so cant post the link.

Here is a summary:

The invention concerns a topical composition for the permanent removal of unwanted hair from the human body. The composition is a compound of Enzyme + Diluter + Activator + Acid, preferably, Horseradish Peroxidase + Water + Hydrogen Peroxide + Sulfuric Acid. The invention also concerns a method comprising removing unwanted hair from a portion of skin and applying the composition on the said portion. The invention operates by spreading the liquid on the required skin area after uprooting of the unwanted hair. The invention introduces a novel method for permanent removal of unwanted hair for purposes of aesthetics and cleanliness.

Sulfuric acid hey... Anyone keen on running a test?

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to read more. I am tired of shaving and can't afford laser hair removal.

sp33dkillz

sp33dkillz

Awards
acid? wouldn't that remove skin as well? lol

RJN4444

Awards
The patent extract says that the acid content is 15% and is diluted in water - apparently this results in no skin irriation or any permanent negative side effects to the skin.

The claim is that hair is 100% permanently removed, on the condition that the hair first be plucked or waxed (not shaved) before applying the solution for around 30 minutes.

The solution is:

Enzyme (Horseradish Peroxidase) at 200 units/mg
Dilutor (water)
Activator (Hydrogen Peroxide) at 15% concentration
Sulfuric Acid at 15% concentration.

The breackdown is for each 1 mg of enzyme use 0.5 ml of water, 1 ml of activator and 0.5 ml of acid.

Seems really interesting.

Anyone care to comment?

RJN4444

Awards
bump -

people - this could be a really effective product - would appreciate any further comments on this.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Seems interesting. This patent is just on the idea, right? Doesn't seem like a company has patented this to sell.

Keep an eye out for someone putting this out. I'd be interested, I think.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Interesting I think a person can get all those ingredients someone give it a try. I would start with Sulfuric Acid at 5% and work my way up :D

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
If someone wants to make it, I'll be the guinea pig. ;)

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Not sure on the acids exactly but some react more so in water. I would not be one to try this, in fact i dont think anyone should. The fact you have to pluck or wax the hari first tells me the solution kills what is left in the pore after the original is removed. Well there is cells in there. Also i think that it would casue some mad irritation as once again in chemisrty class ahwhile back if we got acid on our hands it gave us yellow coloration for a few days and to keep form burning we had to nuetralize with baking soda aslike i said water increased reaction process. I will see if i can figure out which acids do what.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Skin or Sense Organ Toxicants
Exposure to chemical substances can cause adverse effects on skin or the sense organs (Skin or Sense Organ Toxicity). The sense of smell is impaired by exposure to cadmium and nickel. Hearing loss occurs after occupational exposure to lead. Exposure to gases like ammonia, chlorine, and formaldehyde causes eye irritation; organic solvents can damage vision. Contact with toxic agents can also cause acute and chronic skin diseases, including dermatitis and photosensitization. Chloracne is a severe and unusual form of acne that can be triggered by exposure to certain halogenated aromatic compounds, such as polychlorinated dibenzo-furans and dioxins.

Off of wikipedia= def the stuff we used. I specifically rememebr him telling us to add the acid to water.
The hydration reaction of sulfuric acid is highly exothermic. If water is added to the concentrated sulfuric acid, it can boil and spit dangerously. One should always add the acid to the water rather than the water to the acid. This can be remembered through mnemonics such as: "Always do things as you oughta, add the acid to the water. If you think your life's too placid, add the water to the acid

it's exothermic so it will be hot, i also not recall touching the side of the beaker. Also he did a mix and put a piece off string int he solution andit was moving becasue of the racing molecules.

RJN4444

Awards
If you read the patent document, it states that the acid concentration is non-toxic etc.

Also states that the inventor has conducted skin biopsies and observed no negative interactions with the skin.

Its all in the patent document - seems very interesting.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
If you read the patent document, it states that the acid concentration is non-toxic etc.

Also states that the inventor has conducted skin biopsies and observed no negative interactions with the skin.

Its all in the patent document - seems very interesting.
I would still expect some heat or redness. I know labratory concentrations are 10% or lower. I also want a permanent hair removal solution, i will wait to see how this goes for awhile.

RJN4444

Awards
so what - if it works then what's a little heat got to do with anything?

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
so what - if it works then what's a little heat got to do with anything?
Ok im more than down if it works but it may be alot of heat for a short amiunt of time. Or could last all day. Once it is absorbed then who knows how long it will burn, oh and dont forget you have to wax before....yea, all those open poors. :blink: