Hair Loss

Hammer

Awards
Has anyone experienced hair loss with the use of ph?
How about a homebrew for hair loss, that would set the
med community on it's ear.:D

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
I will start doing some reserch... Just kidding. Good idea though....

Hammer

Awards
I still think this idea has potential. All the bodybuilders 
I know have some concern about hair loss with the use of steroids/prohormones 

I came across some interesting info.

<B>WHAT IS AVODART OR DUTASTERIDE?
</B>
The FDA approval for NDA#21-319/s-001 was given on October 9, 2002 and the label was posted on the same day.

This is the biggest news in hair loss treatment since FDA's clearance for Propecia in December 1997. The interesting thing is that Avodart is a hair loss drug !!

Avodart™ (Dutasteride) is approved for the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH). Not to be mistakened with prostate cancer, BPH is a non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate glands. It is fairly common among older men aged 50 or above. BPH usually manifest in a variety of lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) such as urinary frequency, urgency, nighttime urination, decrease in urinary stream, incomplete emptying and incontinence etc.

Avodart is a synthetic 4-azasteroid compound. It is the first FDA approved medication that can inhibit both types of 5-alpha reductase (5AR), an enzyme that is commonly believed to responsible for the conversion of testosterone to 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone (DHT). It is widely suggested that DHT is the main androgen responsible for prostate growth as well as male pattern baldness.

<B>ACTIVE INGREDIENTS</B>
Avodart standard dosage is 0.5mg of the active ingredient dutasteride per soft gelatin capsule. The capsule is compounded by dissolving 0.5mg of dutaseride in a combination of mono-di-glycerides caprylic/capric acid and butylated hydroxytoluene. Other ingredients include BSE-free bovine gelatin, glycerin and yellow ferric oxide.

<B>TOPICAL DUTASTERIDE</B>
If you are able to obtain Dutasteride in its raw form, you might even be able to compound your own Dutasteride topical solution. It was reported in Avodart's prescribing information that the medication is absorbed through the skin as well. Dutasteride in its raw form is a white-yellowish powder. It is insoluble in water but can easily be dissolved in ethanol (44mg/mL), methanol (64 mg/mL) and polyethylene glycol 400 (3mg/mL).  However, please note that effectiveness of Dutasteride or Avodart as a hair loss treatment has not been clinically established.