Mr. Olympia 2007

Big Pau

Big Pau

Awards
Is the O gonna be on pay per view? I couldn't find it when i searched on Cox digital cable. Is there some live podcast of it on another site?

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure but Bodybuilding.com is doing a live web cam coverage of the olympia

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Saw the prejudging last night on bb and wow are there a few surprises.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I don't think the Olympia is televised. At all.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I read about the surprises, my prediction for the winner might actually come true

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
So Coleman might be retiring? Hope he hasn't taken any appreciable time off his life with what he's done to get to his level for so long.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Did the super heavy class already show?
Yup. They're handing out some of the female awards right now. Not sure which ones. Martinez looked sick, from what I can see it's between him and Cutler for the number one spot. Coleman looked weak compared to previous years. Still pretty damn impressive, but he isn't coming close to winning it this year from what I can see.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Victor looks F****** AMAZING!

Dennis Wolff is a freakin MONSTER!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think Victor is gonna get it man, his lat spread was elite! Better than Jays!

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Jay got it again!
I think he deserves it overall, but I don't think we're gonna see another 7-8 year run this time. Martinez was in great shape and Wolf was too. And, Dexter was in the top three. There's a lot of talent coming back next year to challenge him, if he's not spot on he's going to get bumped.

Edit: Cutler said he wants to come back and win "at least once more." Maybe he's feeling it already. He's young compared to Coleman, maybe he's not going to stick in it for as long.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Wolf looked insane. His back was his only weakness.

Cutler deserved it, but if he doesn't watch his ass Victor will eat him next year.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ronnie still impresses me at almost 300lbs. Of course he looked better in the past.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
No surprise that Jay won but dude WOLFF was a BEAST! Hes been one of my favorites lately but wow that guy could do no wrong tonight. Monstrous lat spread, just huge shoulders, SIIICK most muscular. Only downfall are his calves and lower back. Otherwise no real surprise tonight, after seeing Ronnie last night. Only real disappointment over all was Toney Freeman, my absolute favorite and was upset to see his poor condition and shape at this Olympia.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah hats off to Ronnie and "Dat Dere Cell-Tech"! He did good to beat out Dennis Wolf!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ronnie still impresses me at almost 300lbs. Of course he looked better in the past.
he wasnt almost 300 lbs. It said 297 but he admitted he wasnt that weight, probably in the 270s

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
he wasnt almost 300 lbs. It said 297 but he admitted he wasnt that weight, probably in the 270s
He may have pulled off some water between weigh in time and stage time. Funny thing was they said Jay was 274. I thought jay was always heavier than that on stage. Also Denis wolf appeared way more than 250, which is what I think they had him at.

Jay said next year would be his last year.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Jay said next year would be his last? Interesting move there.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hats of to dennis wolf!!!!!......my boy came to win!!!!!!.....next year he got it....

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Jay said next year would be his last? Interesting move there.
He has said in the past that the super massive physique isn't his favorite approach though, right? My guess is he'll trim down quite a bit and, well I'm not sure what he'll do after that. He seems like a decent kid though, I'm sure he can parlay his success in bodybuilding into something to work with elsewhere. Without a freak like Coleman though what happens to the line up of future contests will be interesting. The remaining competitors are a lot closer to each other. No one seems a hands down winner out of the gate.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cutler has his hands in real estate. and Im sure he will uphold some publicity for a while, settle down to his 220-230 and ripped desired physique and move on with his life. I was speaking with him in person, and it even says in his book that he hopes to one day start a family...well he's accomplished his goal and is sitll young. I see him still traveling for a while; expo's and other things. I know that after the fact he will talk alot more about his ups and downs with bodybuilding. He will probably disclose some of the truths that not many know about him and\or bodybuilding.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ronnie looked bad.jay was alright i expected a little better actually. Dont like jay's physique... I hope he doesnt win next year. but i liked dex, victor, wolf, will harris, j jackson. Victor would get my vote and when Dexter is next to him its hard to tell who is better imo. Dex just doesnt have the overall size to win it i guess. Victor>Jay

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1Jay Cutler

2Victor Martinez

3Dexter Jackson

4Ronnie Coleman

5Dennis Wolf

6Melvin Anthony

7Silvio Samuel

8Gustavo Badell

9Johnnie Jackson

10David Henry

NPBill Wilmore

NPBranch Warren

NPDarrem Charles

NPDesmond Miller

NPEddie Abbew

NPHidetada Yamagishi

NPKai Greene

NPMarcus Haley

NPMark Dugdale

NPMarkus Ruhl

NPPhil Heath

NPRonny Rockel

NPSergey Shelestov

NPToney Freeman

NPVince Taylor

NPWill Harris

silvio has nice proportions and great conditioning freakin striations on the erectors. sucks for will harris...he had to be in between jay and ronnie lol could also be in indication of his size to stand with them.If he competes next year he'll be top 10. jonnie jackson's traps are like Whoa!

Last edited:

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ronnie looked bad.jay was alright i expected a little better actually. Dont like jay's physique... I hope he doesnt win next year. but i liked dex, victor, wolf, will harris, j jackson. Victor would get my vote and when Dexter is next to him its hard to tell who is better imo. Dex just doesnt have the overall size to win it i guess. Victor>Jay
I like jay alot. But i will agree that him coming in at 274 just made him look worse. Victor looked awesome. I really thought victor was going to win but its hard to dethrone a champ. (even though some believed cutler's win last year was a fluke) It looked like he added all that extra mass to his waistline in an attempt to improve his back..That and he had this layer of water on him...no good. Victor looked alot better. Either way CONGRATS TO JAY!

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Top 3 all deserved their places although it could have easily been vic then Jay. Dennis Wolf is only going to get better and better, he's only bout 27 right?..............glad to see Dave Henry crack the top ten, he just came out of knowhere! i like that little guy.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Top 3 all deserved their places although it could have easily been vic then Jay. Dennis Wolf is only going to get better and better, he's only bout 27 right?..............glad to see Dave Henry crack the top ten, he just came out of knowhere! i like that little guy.
other people should have been there instead of david henry(10th place)..........wolf is 28....thats scary that he looks that good already!! im glad badell,and branch warren didnt place higher.......

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In my opinion, Ronnie is one of the greatest bodybuilders ever. Somewhat disappointing his active career "ended" this way. But that usually happens when one figure dominates a sport for that long. Would have wished him a top-three position for the roads.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
1Jay Cutler

2Victor Martinez

3Dexter Jackson

4Ronnie Coleman

5Dennis Wolf

6Melvin Anthony

7Silvio Samuel

8Gustavo Badell

9Johnnie Jackson

10David Henry

NPBill Wilmore

NPBranch Warren

NPDarrem Charles

NPDesmond Miller

NPEddie Abbew

NPHidetada Yamagishi

NPKai Greene

NPMarcus Haley

NPMark Dugdale

NPMarkus Ruhl

NPPhil Heath

NPRonny Rockel

NPSergey Shelestov

NPToney Freeman

NPVince Taylor

NPWill Harris

silvio has nice proportions and great conditioning freakin striations on the erectors. sucks for will harris...he had to be in between jay and ronnie lol could also be in indication of his size to stand with them.If he competes next year he'll be top 10. jonnie jackson's traps are like Whoa!
I could have swore I saw something that said Phil Heath would not be in the 07' Olympia...?

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
I could have swore I saw something that said Phil Heath would not be in the 07' Olympia...?
phil heath droped out awhile back... supposedly according to what i was reading... cutler isnt in shape that he needed and victors looking mean

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
disappointed Jay got it again when from reports he was not in tip top shape. THat trophy is Victor's for the taking

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
disappointed Jay got it again when from reports he was not in tip top shape. THat trophy is Victor's for the taking
I actually called Vic winning in an earlier post. I was wrong. You have to remember it is hard to dethrone a champ. I think he will get it next year, but if he doesn't, Wolf might lol. I still would like to see Jay win one more, just because of all that he has done for the sport.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
In my opinion, Ronnie is one of the greatest bodybuilders ever. Somewhat disappointing his active career "ended" this way. But that usually happens when one figure dominates a sport for that long. Would have wished him a top-three position for the roads.
I thought it was awesome. Everyone else stops while they're on top and Ronnie fought until the very end. When he realized he didn't have it anymore (at age 43!) he let it go. I think that's awesome.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought it was awesome. Everyone else stops while they're on top and Ronnie fought until the very end. When he realized he didn't have it anymore (at age 43!) he let it go. I think that's awesome.
Couldn't agree more. He is the best of the very best.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
To be fair, David Henry looks pretty sick, he's just so short he almost always get's over looked. No one looked happier than he did when he realized he was in the top 10!

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
To be fair, David Henry looks pretty sick, he's just so short he almost always get's over looked. No one looked happier than he did when he realized he was in the top 10!
i swear everytime you see that dude he's got a big ol' koolaid smile......better then dexter,and badell trying to look like toughguys all the time...i wana b*tch slap both of them every time i see them....case in point they're not very marketable...where as henry,cuttler,martinez are!

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
i swear everytime you see that dude he's got a big ol' koolaid smile......better then dexter,and badell trying to look like toughguys all the time...i wana b*tch slap both of them every time i see them....case in point they're not very marketable...where as henry,cuttler,martinez are!
Don't even get me started with Badell, that guy just needs to quit with his pompous attitude all together! But dude I was stoked when I saw Hengry made the top 10, that guy is allright!

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't even get me started with Badell, that guy just needs to quit with his pompous attitude all together! But dude I was stoked when I saw Hengry made the top 10, that guy is allright!
im soooooooooo glad Badell didn't make top 5!!!,and dexter should NOT have placed higher than dennis wolf!!....give up dude your not gonna win.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
if im not mistaken branch and heath didnt show up.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
other people should have been there instead of david henry(10th place)..........wolf is 28....thats scary that he looks that good already!! im glad badell,and branch warren didnt place higher.......
your on crack! henry is just a smaller guy, probably the smallest frame there but dude is sikkkk...put that physique at 240-250 and he would win the O imo or atleast place top 3. THe guy came in probably in the best condition and hardness, and did you see the definition esp in the back?

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
if im not mistaken branch and heath didnt show up.
Apparently they both wanted some time off. Phil didn't think he was ready to compete in the O, so he didn't. However he could have beat out alot of those guys, when hes in shape hes on fire! Branch on the other hand would have come with the craziest wheels ever, but probably would have barely made the top 10.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
will harris posed with some old school style. i saw some arnold and sergio poses in there. What happened to Gunter? i dont think he qualified.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I'm surprised Toney Freeman didn't even place. Looking at the pictures I can see why though.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm surprised Toney Freeman didn't even place. Looking at the pictures I can see why though.
i think he expected to place but he should have known he wasnt based on his conditioning. He was off, not sharp at all. Still holding water. Did you watch the webcast?