uncontrollable yawning!?

B

bodysculpt

Awards
When you walk into the gym, start your training (especially leg workouts) and before too long you start yawning uncontrollably.. its rediclous.. to the point where your having trouble keeping your rest periods short. Happens every time.

Has anyone every experienced this?

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
Uncontrollable yawning is strange. I've heard people yawn because of lack of oxygen, not because you're tired. Now that I think of it, when I'm tired I don't yawn at all. Hmmmmm

B

bodysculpt

Awards
Hmm think I might call the Doc, I currently on SSRI's which is one reason to cause it.. but also have high blood pressure and not so good cholesterol profile.. (genetics is a factor) also heart conditions can cause this ive read

Ive had this problem since before i can remember, anyway, thanks for the reply KingMeso :)

"Excessive yawning has been associated with several medical conditions and may be considered as a medical sign for some diseases. These conditions include:[8]

Multiple sclerosis
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
Migraine headache (rare)
Radiation poisoning, including radiation therapy
Yawning may occur less frequently in persons with schizophrenia.

Certain medications may also induce yawning. These include:[9]

Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors
Levodopa
Dopamine agonists
Monoamine oxidase inhibitors of the MAO-B isoform (such as selegiline)
Ayahuasca, the psychoactive Amazonian tea that contains MAO-inhibiting harmala alkaloids
Opioids, such as morphine, methadone, buprenorphine, dextromethorphan
Benzodiazepines
Lidocaine
Flecainide
Psilocybin"

Wiki.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
During one of my stimulant free periods, one morning around 5:30 I get to the gym so tired, I get halfway through my sloppy work out, I had to leave and go back to bed!

B

bodysculpt

Awards
During one of my stimulant free periods, one morning around 5:30 I get to the gym so tired, I get halfway through my sloppy work out, I had to leave and go back to bed!
Bro i totally understand that feeling, but i wouldnt even contemplate training at that time of the day.. i know its the best time for metabolism.. but ****ed if i can do it!

I think a lot of "normally" healthy people would struggle with that..

Ive started taking Synthalamin (cyanocobalamin) in the hope that it may give me energy.. but still going to talk to the Doc.. not that he may know any better!

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Bro i totally understand that feeling, but i wouldnt even contemplate training at that time of the day.. i know its the best time for metabolism.. but ****ed if i can do it!

I think a lot of "normally" healthy people would struggle with that..

Ive started taking Synthalamin (cyanocobalamin) in the hope that it may give me energy.. but still going to talk to the Doc.. not that he may know any better!
Good luck with the Doc bro, hope that goes well for you. Otherwise, 5:30 am is the only time I really have to train and all, and I do fine with it other than that one time. You'd be surprised though, alot of people gettin in there before work.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K_pem Anabolics 26
atrain11b Workout Logs 16