Got a ticket for sound system, but because I yelled out the window...

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
Ok so heres the story. Just about home and I see 3 cops pulled some guy over so I drove by to go home and went WOOOOO HOOOO HOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO out the window, yes my music was on. I get home about 45 seconds later close my windows and walk to the front door. Almost open it when the cop drives up and says "were you driving that car". I said yes and he said "get back into it". Naturally I said No I aint. He put his lights on went by my car as I casually strolled over to it. Asked for my license gave it to him. Said he was giving me a ticket illegal sound amplification. I asked what db was it at and he said it doesnt matter, he heard it 75feet away. He gave me a ticket and I asked for my license and he said hes taking it. I said whats the court date etc he wouldnt tell me he told me to read it. I said did you mark it at 9pm nighttime etc etc.

So long story short I taunted the cops got a ticket while I wasnt in the car for the wrong reason. Now should I avoid going twice and just request trial by Jury or Judge? Id like to explain that my tires can be heard 75 feet away, was pulled over when I was just about inside my house and because I expressed my "excitement" out the window I was harrased...

Picture included

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow you must live in a weird state. How can he take your liscense for a sound system? I got a ticket for doubling the speed limit and running a red light. The officer probably could of took me to jail and I would of lost my liscense for going that fast. She advised me to go to the majstrate and they let me keep my liscense but I had to take a safety drivers coarse. I don't see how it is legal for a cop to take your liscense for that. I'd definatley go to court. Oh and don't yell shat at cops anymore your just asking for trouble. I seen a guy get taszerd for that a couple weeks ago.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's pretty much what ya get for being a **** in the first place. Why not get back into the car? Second, most states have a noise violation law with a distance set and if you go to court and say your tires can be heard 75 feet away, you're just asking for trouble. Those fines are not set with only one price. That judge can increase the fine.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's pretty much what ya get for being a **** in the first place. Why not get back into the car? Second, most states have a noise violation law with a distance set and if you go to court and say your tires can be heard 75 feet away, you're just asking for trouble. Those fines are not set with only one price. That judge can increase the fine.
If I remeber right jayhawk your a cop right? Do you think the best thing to do is go and apologize at the hearing. Thats what I always do for speeding tickets and it works most of the time. I usualy get reduced points. It sounds like this cop was being an ahole because he yelled out the window. It seems town cops are usualy dics but state cops are usualy ok. No disrespect to you though jayhawk it just seems to be the usual experience. I've had my car searched for a tail light out and have been pulled over because the cop said I was driving in cirlcles when it wasn't the case. I had no criminal record and both times i was their for 20 minutes lol. State cops just pull me over take my liscense to the car come back in 1-2 minutes explain the ticket and send me on my way.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My opinion is that he pay the fine, since it isn't a violation that would add points to his license. Everything he said or did that night is on that citation and he'll lose and end up paying court costs on top of the citation...

Advice for future encounters...Be polite and follow directions and go to court and throw the cop for a loop by showing where the errors were made. You can't look bad before even entering the court room. if you handle yourself right, you'll walk out with little more than some time wasted.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just a note: I'm sure the cop could of been a real **** but being a **** in return does you no good, in most cases.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
It was the county cop. I might have been a dik for yelling out the window but I am tired of people being afriad of cops. My voice is louder than the system. And ya he said 75 feet was the limit, so I asked for the decible reading and he said it doesnt matter. Google isnt helping me very much on IL laws.

But I am going to throw this in his face saying anything at 9pm is LOUD when at 1pm its not. Soooo, trail by judge or jury?

Oh and jay why would I get back into my car when I was just about in the house when he then pulled up and asked if I was driving that car I said ya, which he pulled to the side of the road then put his cherries on?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Because he told you to and being compliant is the best way to walk out of a courtroom without paying out the ass. There is no decible reading needed if it is written to just be heard at a certain distance. I do know a way to get out of that ticket though but i'm hesitant on helping someone that wants to get out of a citation, that got himself into one because he's just 'tired of being scared of the police'

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
haha Im just tired of these cops pushing people around. Im tired of corrupt cops out here. If yelling out the window gets me pulled over, then Im the town drunk and will lock myself up everynight!

Ronnie

Ronnie

Awards
  • Established
Dude you did something dumb...and got something dumb in return. Note to self... don't do dumb sh1t.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yelling out the window isn't the smartest thing in the world since you can easily get a "disturbing the Peace" citation. Now i realize that most people feel it's a waste of time for cops to even bother with this **** but why do you expect what most of you wouldn't put up with.

Namely...who here(not hear) would allow someone to challenge them and punk them, without doing anything in return?

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
haha Im just tired of these cops pushing people around. Im tired of corrupt cops out here. If yelling out the window gets me pulled over, then Im the town drunk and will lock myself up everynight!
Ha don't come to pittsburgh with that attitude. The city cops will taszer you if you don't comply the first time they ask you to do something. I seen a guy do even something dumber than what you did. He yelled **** the police. The cops where aholes and went up to him chocked him and then taszerd him. They were both small and probably had a napolen complex. I think if your going to mess with a cop its best to mess with a large cop. It seems those dudes are calmer and don't have as much to prove. My dad was a police officer for awhile and even said some of the guys will mess with people. I know people that got in trouble and commented how my dad treated them well.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I treat everyone with respect and that's how I expect to be treated on encounters with people. I do allow others to get quite a bit louder than I will because I hold myself to a higher standard and believe in setting an example. I also believe I represent all cops and don't want to make people think that all cops are dicks...

I love loud music and I have had sound systems with thousands of watts and multiple subs and I have been pulled over for it. I have never got a citation because I know how to handle myself. This was before and during being a cop, btw.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
haha jay, punked to be punked ya it happened.

JS, I was in pittsburgh when I was 19 and cut off a cop and almost turned the wrong way on a 1 way street (first time in a city ever) they pulled me over (it was a girl). *****ed me left and right and I was just like:jaw: told me to get the hell out of there. Never went back haha.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Its so damn easy to contest a ticket and get off. Let me list the stuff I've gotten off. Illegal lane change, expired license tabs twice, headlight being out, window tint, parking ticket. The only one I went to court over and wasn't guilty of was a $35 parking ticket. I told the judge it cost me more than $35 to be there and I wasn't guilty, she let me off. You are a chump if you pay that ticket. The cop has absolutely nothing on you and there is no way a judge will go to trial over this. Show up to court and save yourself money and crew the cops even more.

Most of the time you only have to speak with a citation officer in an office room, and they let you off if you are nice.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Namely...who hear would allow someone to challenge them and punk them, without doing anything in return?
I disagree with that. With power comes responsibility. I have customers swear at me and don't do anything because I'm at work and its not professional. If it is on the street its diffrent and I will tell them to f themselves. I really try not to get in any thing physical since I'm 29 lol. I would only defend myself. I have no problem with cops giving him a fine. But I seen a dude get taszerd for yelling something. That is not right at all. And they talked sh!t to him. Totally unessecary.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you plan on fighting the citation. Walk into court and plead not guilty and defend yourself. Have the cop sit on the stand and tell him to tell you how far 75 feet is. I have yet to see a cop able to judge distance in a courtroom :)

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
With power comes responsibility.
Only for superman and spiderman...

You forget one important thing. That cop acted within his authority to cite for an offense.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
I treat everyone with respect and that's how I expect to be treated on encounters with people. I do allow others to get quite a bit louder than I will because I hold myself to a higher standard and believe in setting an example. I also believe I represent all cops and don't want to make people think that all cops are dicks...

I love loud music and I have had sound systems with thousands of watts and multiple subs and I have been pulled over for it. I have never got a citation because I know how to handle myself. This was before and during being a cop, btw.
I always get citations, no matter how nice I could be. Only once a cop let me keep my license while I got a ticket, but he was cool from the beginning and that kept me cool. I got a problem with authority and I give it right back if they try to act :bruce2:

SPeaking of that last summer I got a seatbelt ticket. I was all nice to the cop but he wouldnt come to my door. He stood by the rear door, hand on gun and very serious. It was starting to piss me off because even when he gave me the ticket he was doing that. I wanted to say something smart to him because it was annoying me. I live in a terrible county.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Only for superman and spiderman...

You forget one important thing. That cop acted within his authority to cite for an offense.
The cop was being a **** because he thinks he's better than the average person. I hate cops. Anyone that can pull someone over for going the speed of traffic and sleep at night has no soul.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thats how it should be. Plus looking at your profile it matches what I said. Your a large dude and have nothing to prove be beating someone for yelling.lol aholes have all kinds of jobs its just unfortante when they pic one that gives them power. Most cops I have delt with have been nice to me and just do their job. Then again I'm always nice and do my work in the majestrate.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
haha jay, punked to be punked ya it happened.

JS, I was in pittsburgh when I was 19 and cut off a cop and almost turned the wrong way on a 1 way street (first time in a city ever) they pulled me over (it was a girl). *****ed me left and right and I was just like:jaw: told me to get the hell out of there. Never went back haha.
yeah I have no idea why pgh police seem so mean. Your lucky they didn't taszer you.lol The good thing is pgh police don't really care about tinted windows or loud systems. They never seem to bother with that.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Has nothing to do with my size but the fact I grew up like a normal kid who had good times and don't like screwing with kids, for the sake of screwing with them. I know how a fubar'd DL can ruin potential careers and I do my best to explain these things to kids I pull over. A lot just don't know.

The cop was being a **** because he thinks he's better than the average person. I hate cops. Anyone that can pull someone over for going the speed of traffic and sleep at night has no soul.
I take a personal offense to this statement. Please don't come here with a blanket attack on all cops. We are not all dicks and I sleep fine at night, thank you.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established

I hate cops, well most, for that reason. Every time I look at one they have that " im better than you" look. I wish this world wasnt about money. Few houses down there is a cop, well ex, chasing a dui suspect injured his knee so hes done for life now, hes cool.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some of ya'll need to step back and see how easy it is for you to make a 'hatred' remark that causes you to break the law "just cause" and feel that cops who run into hundreds of people like that all their career, are exempt from this same feeling. The feeling that all kids have something to prove and the need to rebel for no real reason.

Part of being mature and gaining wisdom is by looking outside of your personal sight and looking through other's as well. When you learn the whole picture, you tend to go through life accordingly and with a lot less hatred and contempt.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You'll never convince some people. I had a freind that got pulled over doing 105mph and the cop said he would lose his liscense so he made it 85 in a 65. The dude still *****ed because he got a ticket for tinted windows.lol I tried to tell him how lucky he was but some people just don't get it. I guess some people would like it better without police. They must want it to be like the wild west.lol In pgh their would be 100 shootings everynite just for stepping on some thugs sneakers.lol:bruce2:

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
Having cops are fine, its just gotten to the point about money and not protecting and serving the people. Im prob still wound up over this but its bull**** how a cop can be a **** to you even if you were a ****. I mean when I where my work shirt I dont say jack **** to people that are complety nuts mainly because I dont want to be reported.

Ya people have bad days so do they. But I feel they do not have a right to lash out on people they pull over because they have attitude. Iv been caught in a bad mood once and he came to my door and I said what the hell do you want. If I did what cops did I would be fired all the time having to deal with the north shore "multi millionaire customers." If the guys being ******* the worst thing you could do is smile and give him a ticket. I know if I was a ******* to a cop and he kept his cool I would feel bad for it later and probably apoligize if I saw him again. Bed time for me

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if you live in an area where the cops are actually f*cked up or it's that you have a f*cked up attitude, probably a combination. I live in D.C., and for the most part the cops are cool as hell.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know plenty of DC cops...On going joke is that when anyone has to drop off or pick up someone in DC; the only way to tell the criminal and police apart is by who is wearing the uniform :p

lol, sorry, I thought it was funny :)

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
So true. They're laid back, and could care less about little BS. They've got bigger fish to fry. That said, if I drove by and yelled some sh*t at them I'm sure they'd be more than happy to teach me a lesson.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
why would he get back in the car?

why would the cop want him back in the car?

why is the cop going out of his way to give ny a problem?

Another classic case of a cop abusing his authority, just because he can, whether the person did something wrong or not. i would have just walked into the house and locked the door.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
why would he get back in the car?

why would the cop want him back in the car?

why is the cop going out of his way to give ny a problem?

Another classic case of a cop abusing his authority, just because he can, whether the person did something wrong or not. i would have just walked into the house and locked the door.
Not sure about getting back in the car, that really doesn't make sense.

The real question is, if ITHURTZ knows that the cops in his county are dicks, why would he yell some sh*t out of his window at them? That's asking for it IMO.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
And you'd be in jail.

He probably wanted the guy in the car so it was easier to deal with him at night. It's a safety issue.

Seems it was someone else going out of their way to give the cop a problem and got caught up in it. At least do it in a fashion that keeps you from breaking a law you can be cited for.

In this case, it was a cop USING his authority. This guy never said the cop was abusive. He just felt like he wasn't doing anything he could be given a ticket for.

Jomi, you really do not have the slightest clue about law enforcement do you? You argue for no other reason than to argue and you don't even know any facts to argue with.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Jomi, have you been f*cked with by cops a lot in the past?

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
Part of being mature and gaining wisdom is by looking outside of your personal sight and looking through other's as well. When you learn the whole picture, you tend to go through life accordingly and with a lot less hatred and contempt.
Totally agree with you here jay.
At 22 I thought all cops were tossers.But having now lived a little your above statement is bang on the money.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Jomi, have you been f*cked with by cops a lot in the past?
not particularly.

i just have a problem with cops using their power as deputies to handle their personal problems, and CAUSE problems where they are not needed.

i have been ****ed over by the police, but i really dont know too many people that havent been so its irrelevant. I also dont believe that being a "****" to a cop is a crime warranting fines/a court appearance.

jay ive defended my backround in law (heavy family involvement) many times. again, im not talking out my ass on this. if a cop is going to bust my door down because i yelled woo hoo out a window, he has a serious personality problem.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
And you'd be in jail.

He probably wanted the guy in the car so it was easier to deal with him at night. It's a safety issue.

Seems it was someone else going out of their way to give the cop a problem and got caught up in it.
How was NY giving the cop a problem? if i were a police officer, i wouldnt consider WOO HOO to be a problem.

Jay, you would have knocked down my door if i had just gone in my house and locked my door? you wouldnt consider that difusing a possible situation? is it really worth an officers time to cite someone for a bogus noise violation and then break down his door when they try and avoid it?

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
One thing I've noticed is that its ALWAYS the same people who have "bad experiences" with the cops. Sometimes people need to stop thinking "what's wrong with everyone else" and consider that the problem may be them.

I've never had a problem w/ cops. Some take their jobs really seriously, but that's hardly being a ****. I personally want officers who take the law seriously and I WISH we had politicians taking our officers enforcing the law seriously.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Dealing with an officer of the law is like dealing with any other member of society. You treat him/her with respect, behave politely, and conduct yourself like a mature adult and they will do the same. Does this mean every cop will? Of course not. Some people are just plain jerks. But thats what cops are, just people doing their job
Great point. I noticed that some people treat cops in a manner that would be "fightin' words" with anyone else and then don't understand why the cop was being a **** back to them.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
One thing I've noticed is that its ALWAYS the same people who have "bad experiences" with the cops. Sometimes people need to stop thinking "what's wrong with everyone else" and consider that the problem may be them.

I've never had a problem w/ cops. Some take their jobs really seriously, but that's hardly being a ****. I personally want officers who take the law seriously and I WISH we had politicians taking our officers enforcing the law seriously.
Right. I definitely want cops to take there job seriously, but at the same time not to take themselves too seriously.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
is it really worth an officers time to cite someone for a bogus noise violation and then break down his door when they try and avoid it?
Sure, especially if they are on the clock and are not on a bigger call. I wouldn't of beat down any door. I would of just cited you for the offenses and placed tem under your windshield.

Yeah as soon as you park the car and walk away he can't charge your for that violation anymore I don't think. Maybe thats just with speeding violations but I don't know. I thought they had to catch you in the act, not 10min afterwards
You've been given bad information. You could be sleeping in your pool out back and still been charged on it.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Right. I definitely want cops to take there job seriously, but at the same time not to take themselves too seriously.
I agree 100%

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree 100%
Dude J-man, I wish you were around 2 days ago, my brother and I had the LONGEST discussion ever on cops and IA stuff.. dude it was great.. You woulda fit into the conversation perfectly.

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
Whether you were being a **** or not, whatever. The bigger concern to me is that cops will waste time with incidents like that when there are worse things happening out there.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
I take a personal offense to this statement. Please don't come here with a blanket attack on all cops. We are not all dicks and I sleep fine at night, thank you.
Why do you even bother Jay? your just another corrupt, jack-assed cop who eats donuts and likes to give everybody a hard time..just because you can. your all the same.

And i wouldnt get worried about CNorris hating you for being a cop. I'm pretty sure he hates me too just cause I'm a democrat (aka a terrorist) He hates anyone who doesnt share the same warped views of the world he has.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Whether you were being a **** or not, whatever. The bigger concern to me is that cops will waste time with incidents like that when there are worse things happening out there.
If i was that cop I would have gone and pulled him over too. Thats the kind of behavior I would expect of someone who was drunk or high and it would be prudent to check that out. Asking for him to get back in the car, like Jay mentioned, was probably a safety issue. Most normal people dont yell out of a window while a cop has another person pulled over.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sure, especially if they are on the clock and are not on a bigger call. I wouldn't of beat down any door. I would of just cited you for the offenses and placed tem under your windshield.
i think considering what happend that would have turned out a bit better for ny. he pointed out the officer put down some "off" information on the ticket.

something technical like that probably would have been the only thing that would have gotten ny out of paying fines etc.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok so heres the story. Just about home and I see 3 cops pulled some guy over so I drove by to go home and went WOOOOO HOOOO HOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO out the window, yes my music was on. I get home about 45 seconds later close my windows and walk to the front door. Almost open it when the cop drives up and says "were you driving that car". I said yes and he said "get back into it". Naturally I said No I aint. He put his lights on went by my car as I casually strolled over to it. Asked for my license gave it to him. Said he was giving me a ticket illegal sound amplification. I asked what db was it at and he said it doesnt matter, he heard it 75feet away. He gave me a ticket and I asked for my license and he said hes taking it. I said whats the court date etc he wouldnt tell me he told me to read it. I said did you mark it at 9pm nighttime etc etc.

So long story short I taunted the cops got a ticket while I wasnt in the car for the wrong reason. Now should I avoid going twice and just request trial by Jury or Judge? Id like to explain that my tires can be heard 75 feet away, was pulled over when I was just about inside my house and because I expressed my "excitement" out the window I was harrased...

Picture included

So you went by a cop who had pulled someone over with your music blaring and yelled like an idiot out the window?...And you are surprized that the cop pulled you over?. Have some respect for authority!. I just don't understand:wtf:

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
There are a lot of good points made in this thread so I figured I'd add mine. What the hell is the point in being a **** to a cop? You had to know that would end bad. And I know how you feel when you say you have to bite your tongue to pissed off customers but hey that's the way the world works dude. People in higher positionshave seemingly less consequences.

A lot of cops are pricks but there is only so far they can go if your know your rights. For the most part I've only dealt with ***hole cops. I've gotten pulled over countless times for completely unknown reasons. Why? Because I drive a sports car (that I pay for) and I'm a young guy. It's the same story everytime.

"Do you know what I'm pulling you over for". As I respond with a firm 'No' they and/or their partner begin to look through my car with their dumb*** flash lights. They will then take my license and check me out and realize I don't have a record. Then the come back and say I was either speeding or driving wrecklessly (tailgating, swerving, anything to make them look less retarded) and say they are letting me off with a warning.

Thats the end of my rant. The best thing to do when u get pulled over is keep your cool, your mouth shut, and know your rights.