Pro Bodybuilder Kris Dim suffers heart attack and stroke

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Kris Dim collapsed yesterday and had emergency heart surgery to repair a split in his aortic valve. The split in his valve caused a significant stroke that could have caused significant damage or death.

Kris is speaking and has controlled movement of all limbs and appendages.

He was very lucky indeed it really does make you think though

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wonder why he had that splint in there to begin with...Genetic or drug induced health issue.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
split...not splint...

the size of the guy could definitely be the causing factor in this, but i have no clue what he is on, so it may be much more...

...he always seemed like a nice guy, so i wish him good luck in his recovery.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
God speed in his recovery.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Nope.

Drug related? possibly. But any drugs that might have caused this are not steroids.
how can you say something like that?

have you seen a toxicity report?

abuse of A A S can most definitely lead to damage like this.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Nope.

Drug related? possibly. But any drugs that might have caused this are not steroids.
This is purely speculation. You do not have a toxicity/coroner report. After all gear is know to screw up lipid levels.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
What I'm wanting to know is once he makes a full and complete recovery if he's gonna get back on those mega doses of gear he was taking prior.

Tiberius

Awards
  • Established
how can you say something like that?

have you seen a toxicity report?

abuse of A A S can most definitely lead to damage like this.
Actually there is no medical record of any steroids causing this kind of damage, so I'd say it's pretty safe to assume they didn't do it.

Steroids have been known to mess with indicators. They have not been shown to cause actual damage. This is especially true when it comes to cholesterol since the latest research is now showing cholesterol itself may not cause any of the actual blockages we think it does and that increases in cholesterol are likely to simply be indicators the damage exists rather than causing the damage itself.

It is far more likely that drugs proven to cause heart and arterial damage caused this. Stimulants and diurretics come to mind. Heck, perhaps synthol injected accidentally into a vein did it, though he'd have respiratory issues then.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Actually there is no medical record of any steroids causing this kind of damage, so I'd say it's pretty safe to assume they didn't do it.

Steroids have been known to mess with indicators. They have not been shown to cause actual damage. This is especially true when it comes to cholesterol since the latest research is now showing cholesterol itself may not cause any of the actual blockages we think it does and that increases in cholesterol are likely to simply be indicators the damage exists rather than causing the damage itself.

It is far more likely that drugs proven to cause heart and arterial damage caused this. Stimulants and diurretics come to mind. Heck, perhaps synthol injected accidentally into a vein did it, though he'd have respiratory issues then.

This is an absurd comment. It is like saying unless there is a specific direct correlation towards damage then it is to be negelected. Think of all the substances that cause cancer and bad foods that cause heart disease.

Some guy ate McDonalds 5 times a day for his whole life and died of a heart attack. I don't see any studies showing specifically that a Big Mac killed anyone though.

Realistically in order to get an ACTUAL verifiable direct correlation towards death from gear you'd have to take mega amounts for an extended period of time and even then it might not do you in. (Ronnie Coleman has done this). That is not to say that the effects from gear do not affect your mortality though.

Minnesota

Minnesota

Awards
The drugs didnt do it, they led to the complications and then his body failed because he pushed it to far. His heart couldn't keep up with the size of his body and the exertion he put it through.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
McDonald's food isn't harmful to your body. It simply is just a catalyst for your body's inevitable own self-destruction.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It definatley didn't have anything to do with the size of his body because he is not that heavy. I doubt it was steroid related and probably just genetic. It happens all the time. The problem is anytime some large dude has something bad happen to him steroids are always blamed. I'm sure steroids definatley could worsen his condition but not be the primary cause.