Enter Marines

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Alright. So with the ways things are going i may join. It is still a while away from decision time. I am just trying to get people have been there to give me some input. It's somethign i always wanted. Originally i thought i would fit a sniper spot well but i do nto have 20/20, so i am just going for a civilian position.
Thanks guys.

Ronnie

Ronnie

Awards
  • Established
You have a golden opportunity! They dont like my kind (Diabetic.) Take advantage if the opportunity is given!

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have 2 Sons that are Marines, One is out now and one just went in a few months ago. Both speak highly of their experience. Its not easy in boot camp but they just shortened it by 1 week or so I heard too. Once you make it past that your golden :)

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
most of my friends from high school that joined the service, joined the marines. I was going to do the same but the Air Force had me convinced quality of life is better, all the marines could tell me was about respect from other branches etc....i dont need that i have self respect i rather live in better places, BY MYSELF. So i joined the AirForce and while my other friends all had roomates their whole first term i had my own room. Only 3 of 6 are still in after their first enlistment. If you decide on it hats off to you. i imagine the marines and army have more comrodery(sp). My dad was also a Marine and he suggested me otherwise but if you want to be able to say "you were or are a Marine" then go for it. Just make sure you get a good technical job that will translate to good money on the outside if you decide to seperate. I have a friend who was in computer networking and he got out, he makes really good money now, like really good. Good luck and weigh your options the service is always a good place to start or a good place to get your life together.

Tiberius

Awards
  • Established
Of all the armed services, the marines pay the worst. Air force pays the best. From the folks I know who have been in the armed services, the coolest jobs I've heard seem to be in the Air Force and the Navy. One of my VPs was a Navy mechanic who worked on fighter jets on aircraft carriers way back. He worked with some pretty amazing stuff and has some really cool stories.

And keep this in mind. If you want to truly help the US the most, find a job that utilizes the most of your natural abilities as possible. A lot of folks think being a grunt is more noble or something, but honestly anyone can be trained to be a grunt. Not everyone can be good at the various specialized positions in the armed services.

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
My Father, Fathers mother, and father and my mother's mother and father were both in the corps. They have never ever said anything bad about their time and service

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with whatever you chose, MT.

I know you'll make us all proud.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with whatever you chose, MT.

I know you'll make us all proud.
Ill be sure when i make the decision to let you guys know. Until then it time to try and pack on some athletic muscle. If i do it i want to be ready to goin in "functional and strong not waddling like a duck with "lat syndrome."

Appreciate it everyone. Take care.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Cardio will definitely take precedence over everthing else.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Cardio will definitely take precedence over everthing else.
For sure. Prolly start 2 then move to 3 times a week. jog one day then HIIT style 2 others and stick wiht strictly body weight and compound movements. I am thinking training almost like a freestyle wrestler. For speed and strength. So i may try to grab 10-15 more punds within the next 3-4 months then change if i decide to enlist.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
For sure. Prolly start 2 then move to 3 times a week. jog one day then HIIT style 2 others and stick wiht strictly body weight and compound movements. I am thinking training almost like a freestyle wrestler. For speed and strength. So i may try to grab 10-15 more punds within the next 3-4 months then change if i decide to enlist.
no need to add more weight esp in a short time, that will just have a negative effect on carido imo. just work with what you have now and run long distances doing crunches, pullups, and pushups imho.