What is your #1 flaw when it comes to this lifestyle? - AnabolicMinds.com

What is your #1 flaw when it comes to this lifestyle?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

What is your #1 flaw when it comes to this lifestyle?

Not mentioning genetics or anything like that what would you say is something that you could improve yourself on by changing(something that holds you back) for example: compulsive eating, work schedule, small appetite, diet etc.

Id have to say mine would be smoking cigs and drinking on fridays.

2. CDB

Poor eating. Has always been my problem. I like food God damn it, and I like portions bigger than my damn hand. I eat healthy foods, but I eat a ****load of them, especially lately.

Intermittent fasting seems to be a good approach because I get to eat a decent meal and just have to control the time frames. Have been doing it for the most part for the last week or so and it seems to work. And it's just easier psychologically to be able to eat something decent in a decent portion. I love eating healthy foods, but I can't stand eating small. Especially when I see my friends suck down a pizza a night and not put on any weight, and they don't workout regularly. ****ers.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

Definitely the booze and sometimes e's . I have cut down a fair bit from 2-3 days heavy drinking to one day of maybe 5 or 6 beers, usually a sat night. I find it hard to keep myself amused if i dont go out cos i know all of my mates will be out drinking. Doing it sobar is tuff, i will cop it so badly i end up staying in watching a dvd or something, but you cant do that every weekend!! diet on a wkend tends to slip a bit as well....
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post
    Definitely the booze and sometimes e's . I have cut down a fair bit from 2-3 days heavy drinking to one day of maybe 5 or 6 beers, usually a sat night. I find it hard to keep myself amused if i dont go out cos i know all of my mates will be out drinking. Doing it sobar is tuff, i will cop it so badly i end up staying in watching a dvd or something, but you cant do that every weekend!! diet on a wkend tends to slip a bit as well....
    E? hahaha i just stopped that. I just started dating a girl and so i dont hang out with my firends that do drugs but more just her or my friends that just drink. It would be better if she didnt drink as well but oh well. THing is if i go out and dont drink ill always get the "hey, why arent you drinking" thing. ANd im known as one of the bigger drinkers so it just doesnt seem right. FOr the most part ill stay home to try and avoid drinking. 17aa's help me stay away from the alcohol too. With smoking i hear people gain weight when they quit and that could help with my goals not to mention breathing better.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    E? hahaha i just stopped that. I just started dating a girl and so i dont hang out with my firends that do drugs but more just her or my friends that just drink. It would be better if she didnt drink as well but oh well. THing is if i go out and dont drink ill always get the "hey, why arent you drinking" thing. ANd im known as one of the bigger drinkers so it just doesnt seem right. FOr the most part ill stay home to try and avoid drinking. 17aa's help me stay away from the alcohol too. With smoking i hear people gain weight when they quit and that could help with my goals not to mention breathing better.
    i have a few bottles of AX SD and PP and one of the reasons i havent touched them is due to the long break from hte booze i'd have to take. like i said ive cut down big time but sometimes on a friday arvo id kill for a cold beer! Doing an Epi cycle end of sept after my wkend in Munich Beerfest then i'll def kick the beers for 2 months or so.
  6. Board Supporter

Time / organisation to prepare lots of healthy meals in advance! Oh and getting to bed on time.
  7. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer82 View Post
    I have sex too much, uses up all my test.
    thats why you supplement on other sources of test.
  8. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

work + wife + kids... never enough time in a day to accomplish everything. That and damn anabolic minds, thats eats up an hour a day
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Not enough $$ to optimize my diet. I also have an addiction to one of the mom and pop pizza places in town.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

I tend to do a little bit of drinking on the weekend during football season. Not crazy stuff but about 1 six pack on Sunday's and sometimes Saturday's.
  11. Registered User

Reputation Reputation

Maybe a little too obsessed.. I just want to achieve the perfect physique, and sometimes forget about the rest.
  12. Registered User

Preparing foods, I buy everything packaged when I can, really makes for some poor food choices when you gotta eat healthy. Today for breakfast I had a slice of bread that had poppyseeds in it, 4 teaspoons of olive oil which happened to drench it, and 100grams of steak cooked under a so called grill with no seasoning what so ever, I still feel a bit sick.
  13. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer82 View Post
    oh please, you're on here way more than 1 hour
    damn, you caught me
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

ETOH......tough to kick during football season.....
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Keeping on the diet is the hardest part. There is always something to screw it up. Not to mention I love to travel and keeping on a diet when you're out of town for a quick weekend is always hard.
  16. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Diet is easy for me....

Smoking Mary-J I really like though.
  17. New Member

Mine would be eating way too much. It's been a constant struggle after my competition 3 wks. ago. I'm eating fairly clean but I stay hungry all the time lately. I'm telling you it's almost as bad as my pre-comp. diet 4 wks. out. My wife calls me the peanutbutter monster . So far I've put on 11lbs since my comp. I'm slowly getting a hold on it.
  18. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

I have a problem eating alot too but it is required for my goals. When it comes time for me to cut....Oh Boy! ill need alot of help lol, ive never done it before being an ecto. Drinking just has me feeling like im pissing away my gains, literally.
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

Even though I like to drink, the cost to benefit ratio is greatly skewed.

When you drink you pretty much do everything against muscle gains, not to mention, you feel sick, and if your like me, even the next day all your lifts suck. Drinking basically ruins the entire next day for me. If I do drink I don't plan on lifting the next day.....
  20. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    Even though I like to drink, the cost to benefit ratio is greatly skewed.

When you drink you pretty much do everything against muscle gains, not to mention, you feel sick, and if your like me, even the next day all your lifts suck. Drinking basically ruins the entire next day for me. If I do drink I don't plan on lifting the next day.....
    answer the freaking thread question damnit! lol.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

Hm, I'd say diet. I think it is safe to say that 99% of the people here struggle primarly with diet since it encompasses what....80% of bodybuilding ?
  22. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Makes me want to sleep often
  23. Senior Member

I would say drinking.. although i cut it down to once every week or two and don't have much, my muscles always feel dry the next day during my workout :/
    Get your FREE RIPPED GUIDE

www.newstarathletics.com/rippedfree
  24. New Member

Diet. Mainly binging. I diet then go off on carbs.....
  25. New Member

I would have to go with pistonpump and say the fact that i smoke cigs and drink occasionally.

Other than that, i would say my big flaw is putting things into perspective. I often get so obsessed or prioritize bodybuilding that it compromises other areas of my life. I thoroughly enjoy bodybuilding and it will be part of me forever. It has taught me discipline, patience, goal-orientation, and makes you healthier....but the lifestyle that serious bodybuilding demands often makes it hard to enjoy some of the "normal" aspects of life. Being a young guy, it's not always easy
  26. New Member

Unhappy

For me I would have to say diet is the hardest. I work really hard to try to stay lean and gain lean mass. Sometimes I feel like giving up being lean and just bulk up and focus on mass gain and eat whatever the hell I want. If I get a taste of peanut butter it's OVER; I feel like eating the whole jar. Most days it's easy to eat clean since I just eat the same sh1t every day I don't even have to keep track of calories because I already know the nutritional facts of eat thing. Some days I feel like eating junk food or going out to a restaurant and eating a tasty meal and other times I phuk up like last night's 11pm trip to shoprite to buy junk. So it's a weekly struggle. I must stay lean. :bb:
  27. Banned

Diet is easy for me. Party girls are by far my biggest weakness. Basically hawt girls that want me to come out and party all night vs getting a good night of sleep. Often times this leads to drinking, then to missing a gym session the next day. I love women more then I love taking care of myself...
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.

Mirror time ....sheesh...just too much.
  29. Advanced Member

diet and cardio. I dont eat healthy as I should all the time, and when I cut I dont do cardio to help aid in the diet. Im trying to change that this winter.
  30. New Member

Diet, though I'd say I eat clean 90% of the time. However when I cheat, I go overboard making me feel like I wasted a weeks worth of dieting. However I don't ever stray from my diet for days and weeks at a time like some. That and preparing my meals. I work 60 hours a week and most of the time I'm too lazy too cook, trying to change that. That and just plain cardio, hate doing it BUT most of the hot girls in my gym at 6AM are always doing cardio!
  31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

my job... its hard to have time to train and eat properly and when deployed its almost impossible
  32. Recovering AXoholic

Confidence (or lack thereof) is my fatal flaw.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  33. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    hey, a small pee pee will do that to ya
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

hey, a small pee pee will do that to ya
    been checking men out in the locker room again pp?
  35. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to motive again.
  36. Jet

Partying, without a doubt.

It's hard not to get trashed in college, I usually try to keep it to a few beers but before I know it
  37. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

mine is easy, never enough time for my wife. it is costing me dearly now
  38. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  300 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    I feel your pain.....I too lack in the confidence part. Having dozens of female "friends" doesn't get me laid. I don't drink so I never get liquid courage. I'm thinking of a video I just saw..."I just got my haricut so i'm gonna get laid"..."Jagerbombs...Jagerbom bs...Jagerbombs"
  39. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

if anything bodybuilding has given me more confidence.
  40. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.

if anything bodybuilding has given me more confidence.
    has definitely got me more attention! :bb3:

i just hate the questions fom everyone at work when im in the kitchen having a shake "whats in that, why do you take it, why would u wanna get bigger, does that even work" blah blah blah

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 09:50 AM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 01:12 PM
  3. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 12-08-2007, 01:44 AM
  4. What is your biggest problem area when it comes to training?
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 08-02-2005, 09:29 AM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-02-2004, 10:33 AM