What is your #1 flaw when it comes to this lifestyle?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not mentioning genetics or anything like that what would you say is something that you could improve yourself on by changing(something that holds you back) for example: compulsive eating, work schedule, small appetite, diet etc.

Id have to say mine would be smoking cigs and drinking on fridays.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Poor eating. Has always been my problem. I like food God damn it, and I like portions bigger than my damn hand. I eat healthy foods, but I eat a ****load of them, especially lately.

Intermittent fasting seems to be a good approach because I get to eat a decent meal and just have to control the time frames. Have been doing it for the most part for the last week or so and it seems to work. And it's just easier psychologically to be able to eat something decent in a decent portion. I love eating healthy foods, but I can't stand eating small. Especially when I see my friends suck down a pizza a night and not put on any weight, and they don't workout regularly. ****ers.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Definitely the booze and sometimes e's :nono: . I have cut down a fair bit from 2-3 days heavy drinking to one day of maybe 5 or 6 beers, usually a sat night. I find it hard to keep myself amused if i dont go out cos i know all of my mates will be out drinking. Doing it sobar is tuff, i will cop it so badly i end up staying in watching a dvd or something, but you cant do that every weekend!! diet on a wkend tends to slip a bit as well....

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely the booze and sometimes e's :nono: . I have cut down a fair bit from 2-3 days heavy drinking to one day of maybe 5 or 6 beers, usually a sat night. I find it hard to keep myself amused if i dont go out cos i know all of my mates will be out drinking. Doing it sobar is tuff, i will cop it so badly i end up staying in watching a dvd or something, but you cant do that every weekend!! diet on a wkend tends to slip a bit as well....
E? hahaha i just stopped that. I just started dating a girl and so i dont hang out with my firends that do drugs but more just her or my friends that just drink. It would be better if she didnt drink as well but oh well. THing is if i go out and dont drink ill always get the "hey, why arent you drinking" thing. ANd im known as one of the bigger drinkers so it just doesnt seem right. FOr the most part ill stay home to try and avoid drinking. 17aa's help me stay away from the alcohol too.:thumbsup: With smoking i hear people gain weight when they quit and that could help with my goals not to mention breathing better.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
E? hahaha i just stopped that. I just started dating a girl and so i dont hang out with my firends that do drugs but more just her or my friends that just drink. It would be better if she didnt drink as well but oh well. THing is if i go out and dont drink ill always get the "hey, why arent you drinking" thing. ANd im known as one of the bigger drinkers so it just doesnt seem right. FOr the most part ill stay home to try and avoid drinking. 17aa's help me stay away from the alcohol too.:thumbsup: With smoking i hear people gain weight when they quit and that could help with my goals not to mention breathing better.
i have a few bottles of AX SD and PP and one of the reasons i havent touched them is due to the long break from hte booze i'd have to take. like i said ive cut down big time but sometimes on a friday arvo id kill for a cold beer! Doing an Epi cycle end of sept after my wkend in Munich Beerfest then i'll def kick the beers for 2 months or so.

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Time / organisation to prepare lots of healthy meals in advance! Oh and getting to bed on time.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
work + wife + kids... never enough time in a day to accomplish everything. That and damn anabolic minds, thats eats up an hour a day

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not enough $$ to optimize my diet. I also have an addiction to one of the mom and pop pizza places in town.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I tend to do a little bit of drinking on the weekend during football season. Not crazy stuff but about 1 six pack on Sunday's and sometimes Saturday's.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Maybe a little too obsessed.. I just want to achieve the perfect physique, and sometimes forget about the rest.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Preparing foods, I buy everything packaged when I can, really makes for some poor food choices when you gotta eat healthy. Today for breakfast I had a slice of bread that had poppyseeds in it, 4 teaspoons of olive oil which happened to drench it, and 100grams of steak cooked under a so called grill with no seasoning what so ever, I still feel a bit sick.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ETOH......tough to kick during football season.....:frustrate

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keeping on the diet is the hardest part. There is always something to screw it up. Not to mention I love to travel and keeping on a diet when you're out of town for a quick weekend is always hard.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Diet is easy for me....

Smoking Mary-J I really like though.

cranny

cranny

Awards
Mine would be eating way too much. It's been a constant struggle after my competition 3 wks. ago. I'm eating fairly clean but I stay hungry all the time lately. I'm telling you it's almost as bad as my pre-comp. diet 4 wks. out. My wife calls me the peanutbutter monster:food: . So far I've put on 11lbs since my comp. I'm slowly getting a hold on it.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a problem eating alot too but it is required for my goals. When it comes time for me to cut....Oh Boy! ill need alot of help lol, ive never done it before being an ecto. Drinking just has me feeling like im pissing away my gains, literally.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Even though I like to drink, the cost to benefit ratio is greatly skewed.

When you drink you pretty much do everything against muscle gains, not to mention, you feel sick, and if your like me, even the next day all your lifts suck. Drinking basically ruins the entire next day for me. If I do drink I don't plan on lifting the next day.....

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Even though I like to drink, the cost to benefit ratio is greatly skewed.

When you drink you pretty much do everything against muscle gains, not to mention, you feel sick, and if your like me, even the next day all your lifts suck. Drinking basically ruins the entire next day for me. If I do drink I don't plan on lifting the next day.....
answer the freaking thread question damnit! lol.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Hm, I'd say diet. I think it is safe to say that 99% of the people here struggle primarly with diet since it encompasses what....80% of bodybuilding ?

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
I would say drinking.. although i cut it down to once every week or two and don't have much, my muscles always feel dry the next day during my workout :/

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Diet. Mainly binging. I diet then go off on carbs.....

MiKeY ReSp

Awards
  • Established
I would have to go with pistonpump and say the fact that i smoke cigs and drink occasionally.

Other than that, i would say my big flaw is putting things into perspective. I often get so obsessed or prioritize bodybuilding that it compromises other areas of my life. I thoroughly enjoy bodybuilding and it will be part of me forever. It has taught me discipline, patience, goal-orientation, and makes you healthier....but the lifestyle that serious bodybuilding demands often makes it hard to enjoy some of the "normal" aspects of life. Being a young guy, it's not always easy

Alpha-male

Awards
For me I would have to say diet is the hardest. I work really hard to try to stay lean and gain lean mass. Sometimes I feel like giving up being lean and just bulk up and focus on mass gain and eat whatever the hell I want. If I get a taste of peanut butter it's OVER; I feel like eating the whole jar. Most days it's easy to eat clean since I just eat the same sh1t every day I don't even have to keep track of calories because I already know the nutritional facts of eat thing. Some days I feel like eating junk food or going out to a restaurant and eating a tasty meal and other times I phuk up like last night's 11pm trip to shoprite to buy junk. So it's a weekly struggle. I must stay lean. :bb:

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Diet is easy for me. Party girls are by far my biggest weakness. Basically hawt girls that want me to come out and party all night vs getting a good night of sleep. Often times this leads to drinking, then to missing a gym session the next day. I love women more then I love taking care of myself...

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Mirror time ....sheesh...just too much.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
diet and cardio. I dont eat healthy as I should all the time, and when I cut I dont do cardio to help aid in the diet. Im trying to change that this winter.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Diet, though I'd say I eat clean 90% of the time. However when I cheat, I go overboard making me feel like I wasted a weeks worth of dieting. However I don't ever stray from my diet for days and weeks at a time like some. That and preparing my meals. I work 60 hours a week and most of the time I'm too lazy too cook, trying to change that. That and just plain cardio, hate doing it BUT most of the hot girls in my gym at 6AM are always doing cardio! :woohoo:

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
my job... its hard to have time to train and eat properly and when deployed its almost impossible

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Confidence (or lack thereof) is my fatal flaw.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to motive again.

Jet

Awards
  • Established
Partying, without a doubt.

It's hard not to get trashed in college, I usually try to keep it to a few beers but before I know it :drunk:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
mine is easy, never enough time for my wife. it is costing me dearly now

Minnesota

Minnesota

Awards
Confidence (or lack thereof) is my fatal flaw.
I feel your pain.....I too lack in the confidence part. Having dozens of female "friends" doesn't get me laid. I don't drink so I never get liquid courage. I'm thinking of a video I just saw..."I just got my haricut so i'm gonna get laid"..."Jagerbombs...Jagerbombs...Jagerbombs"

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
if anything bodybuilding has given me more confidence.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
has definitely got me more attention! :bb3:

i just hate the questions fom everyone at work when im in the kitchen having a shake "whats in that, why do you take it, why would u wanna get bigger, does that even work" blah blah blah

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i know there is alot of ignorance out there. My friend said his brother doesnt have muscle its just all powder from the shakes he takes...:rolleyes:

bradspencer74

bradspencer74

Awards
has definitely got me more attention! :bb3:
That's really is true for me. I am so much more confident and outgoing than I once was. Honestly, it's cost me a couple of friendships from people who say I've changed too much. I think I just make them self-conscious, even though it's not my intension at all. The occasional good attention looks aren't bad either, LOL.

My #1 flaw, sleep. I've always been a bit of an insomniac. I usually get about 6 hours a night. I need more, but my body just wakes up, even when I've been on meds from the doc that bomb other people. And I suppose I can be a bit obsessive, but aren't we all?

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
That's really is true for me. I am so much more confident and outgoing than I once was. Honestly, it's cost me a couple of friendships from people who say I've changed too much. I think I just make them self-conscious, even though it's not my intension at all. The occasional good attention looks aren't bad either, LOL.

My #1 flaw, sleep. I've always been a bit of an insomniac. I usually get about 6 hours a night. I need more, but my body just wakes up, even when I've been on meds from the doc that bomb other people. And I suppose I can be a bit obsessive, but aren't we all?
i just saw your transformation picks, you are da man!!!

you are the biggest loser lol!

CustomNW

Awards
  • Established
Always feeling like Im not eating enough. I have a difficult time adding lbs.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
dude you guys are forgetting that I would like to saturate to them his electronic mail but I not with himself only know that nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!

and international beer club likes to play with my discipline.. :thumbsup:

Minnesota

Minnesota

Awards
dude you guys are forgetting that I would like to saturate to them his electronic mail but I not with himself only know that nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!

and international beer club likes to play with my discipline.. :thumbsup:
lol...i hope that guy got his money and life back

SrT4u2Nv

SrT4u2Nv

Awards
id have to say... diet but that leads to confidence issuses that leads to drinking and its all down hill after that... so ya life sux... drink it up! and become a fat sloth i guess... man i suck!

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
id have to say... diet but that leads to confidence issuses that leads to drinking and its all down hill after that... so ya life sux... drink it up! and become a fat sloth i guess... man i suck!
awesome!:head: :woohoo: :goodpost:

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
Hmm Diet/time I wish I had more of both! Im a social smoker/drinker. The only thing that affects me on a night of drinking is the smoking. Lucky me my gf doesn't smoke so I only do that when I hang out at my buddies house. Also I know too many swole ass mofos that drink tons of beer and are some how stay cut up at the same time. It makes no sense but for them it works.