MTV rant

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Ok, there is an issue that I have with MTV. In particular is the tv shows like Laguna Beach, The Hills, and New Portbeach.

I have seen several episodes due to being forced by my girlfriend (i did not consent) and what gives ? These spoiled girls on the show talk about incredibly stupid stuff as it is but HOOK UP ?

WTF is that supposed to mean ? Time and time again I hear the term being used like Sally Skank and Richard Quarterinch 'hooked up'. I don't like ambiguity, especially not in this manner.

When I take time out of my life to have to watch these absurd individuals on tv, I want to KNOW DETAILS about what's going on. I think too they are all 18 so it's 'all good in da hood' per se.

Did he kiss you ? Did he put it in the butt ? Did she make him muff dive ? Did she swallow ? I would like to know penis to orifice entry and all fluids involved. Jeez. So then I spend the rest of the show trying to decided how he/she degraded the other person, then talked about it to everyone else....thus creating a complete distraction.

I think I speak for 100% of the people reading this. Be more descriptive ! We want to know !

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i cannot fukcing stand the hills or anything like that. especially laguna beach.

omg like yesterday chelsea totally spent the night with bryan and chuck came over late at night to spend a romantic night with chelsea and he caught her on top of bryan on the couch... omg

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
i cannot fukcing stand the hills or anything like that. especially laguna beach.

omg like yesterday chelsea totally spent the night with bryan and chuck came over late at night to spend a romantic night with chelsea and he caught her on top of bryan on the couch... omg

I bet the ppl overseas think all American girls are like Miss Teen USA South Carolina and Laguna Beach.....sigh.

They need to have more gays in their tv show. It's too dull as it is right now.

I'm also excited to see if any chick gets pregnant...probably not but oh well.

I was so excited to hear about LC possibly having a sex tape. Unfortunately it turns out not to be true :(

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
i enjoy one show on MTV, that's Rob & Big!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As someone raised 5 miles from Laguna Beach and 15 miles from Newport Beach, I am really getting a kick out of these replies.

//and yes, a lot of the people there ARE that bad.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Yeah but that is assuming that 'hook up' means sex. Does it ? Maybe, but maybe not.

I'd rather skip past the ambiguity and just know specifically what occured......not the stupid feelings about it....jeez....yeah yeah 'you got played and feel depressed'....who cares.

So what actually happened ?!?!?!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah but that is assuming that 'hook up' means sex. Does it ? Maybe, but maybe not.

I'd rather skip past the ambiguity and just know specifically what occured......not the stupid feelings about it....jeez....yeah yeah 'you got played and feel depressed'....who cares.

So what actually happened ?!?!?!
I have run into this phenomenon quite a bit, usually from someone who wants to act like a complete whore (or dirtbag) without being judged for it. In essence, they speak in riddly ambigous statements that, in their own heads, qualifies as "communication" but when pressed to clarify they resort to insults or a frustrated "never mind".

They seem to have forgotten that the essence of communication is clarity in actual information exchange.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wow I feel like an old man, I have not watched mtv in years

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I don't watch MTV.

As far as Hook-Up, we used in this sense;

It can be used in different ways. It can be just plan and simple of hooking up with someone. Doesn't always mean teh sex, but you Hooked-up.

Another term is if you got to Taco Bell and they hook you up with xtra sauce or sour cream. then you got a hook up at TB that hooks you up.

Or your buddy's GF has a hawt friend. Hey bro have yo b1tch hook me up.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't watch MTV.

As far as Hook-Up, we used in this sense;

It can be used in different ways. It can be just plan and simple of hooking up with someone. Doesn't always mean teh sex, but you Hooked-up.

Another term is if you got to Taco Bell and they hook you up with xtra sauce or sour cream. then you got a hook up at TB that hooks you up.

Or your buddy's GF has a hawt friend. Hey bro have yo b1tch hook me up.
What about when you go for a Tribal Suspension Ceremony, where you hang by your skin. Did you just get the Hook-up?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Sheya, this is illustrates even more why it is necessary to know what kind of actions they are engaging in.

How do I know that blonde hoe in Laguna Beach and her boy didn't do a tribal suspension ceremony ? I guess we'll never know.......

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Only if shoot-up before or during the ritual. Otherwise you are just hanging out.
Oh suh-nap. That's very true.

If it were going on inside a very large refridgerator then you'd just be Hanging around and chillin'

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I don't watch MTV anymore. I only needed MTV when they had Beavis and Butthead.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
block mtv from your tv, it's not hard to do :)

shortstop1616

Awards
I agree with renegade.... rob and big is a great show

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I watched in when I was a kid. They used to play something called "videos". I don't watch that crap anymore, I wish the cable company would allow me to pick another channel I could switch it out for.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
to Rob and Big. That show cracks me up and none of my friends like it.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Great bump. This was one of my many incredible threads I started that has been a diamond lost in the rough.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I love how they call it music television, yet I never ever EVER see any videos on there.

I love Rob & big. Sacred Geometry! Do work!

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Luckily, my girl doesn't like any of these shows. However, she does like 'TMZ' (I have no idea what it stands for so don't ask), Dr.Phil, and Oprah.

It's horrible. Every time I watch them I feel a small part of me dying - as if they are raping my essence.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Luckily, my girl doesn't like any of these shows. However, she does like 'TMZ' (I have no idea what it stands for so don't ask), Dr.Phil, and Oprah.

It's horrible.
Dr Phil is horrible, I can't stand that "guy" (subjective)

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
TMZ gives you all the smut without the fillers like MTV. Truely a more efficient way for getting the good stuff faster.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dr Phil is horrible, I can't stand that "guy" (subjective)
*ugh*

I just, I'm not really sure what to say. Every time I am forced to watch this overgrown penis in a wetsuit spouting of pseudo-psychological 'tough love' from the bowels of his soulless existence I feel as if I am about to embark on a psychotic fvcking episode ala George Carlin; and the thing which worries me the most, is that somehow this hellspawn of overdone makeup and pityless marketing tactics is going to infect me with his washed up tactics.

Only a daemonic pig like Oprah could have spawned such a creature.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The only time I see TMZ referred to is on The Soup (best show on TV, BTW) but it looks like absolutely retarded, unethical garbage. Is it a channel, or a show?

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
That's the damn truth. It's the funniest thing on TV.

That and Jackass/Wildboys :D
I second this!!

as for The Hills call me stupid but i have only seen small pieces of it. Its real people right? The camera just seems to follow around these hot chicks with terrible vocabulary with deusche bag boyfriends that leaves me thinking what does he have that i dont. Rich daddy no doubt. so yeah i mean how did hte show even start.

mysterio

mysterio

Awards
Mtv is an a sad state. It's turning into a chick flick channel slowly but surely. Miss the old Beavis and Butthead show.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can watch it on MTV now...I watched an episode around 2am, right before bed last night!

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
The only time I see TMZ referred to is on The Soup (best show on TV, BTW) but it looks like absolutely retarded, unethical garbage. Is it a channel, or a show?
Its a stupid show on E! I do believe. Basically its all your trash magazines crammed into 30 of the dullest minutes of your life.

I think Rock Of Love II might be a better show.