Jackmoed by a dirtbike (accident)

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
This past Saturday I had an accident with a dirtbike.

I was over a buddy's house and he was showing me his new racing bike. It was a 490cc yamaha with performance parts, (exhaust, etc..) This bike is BAD-AZZ. If anyone knows what an R1 (streetbike) is then let me paint a picture... This thing hits 70mph in first fuggin gear. The R1's accelleration isn't even capable of doing this, at least without ruining your life.

So since I've ridden bikes/streetbikes all my life, I figured I'd go at it easy and be safe about it and have a good time this past sat. Riiiiight.... I rode that thing for about 10minutes, and decided to kick it up a notch. Friend and I were taking turns starting at teh bottom oof his driiveway and gaining as much speed as we could and then when we hit the grass we jumped it into more grass (off pavement).

Well, I started out in 1st, hit 55mph, was gonna shift about 50 ft. from the jump but decided "hell with it, I'll hit the power band, then shift"...OMFG...hit power band, the thing jolted back and popped wheely which I'm used to, but the POWER of the kick back was ridiculous, so instead of laying off the throttle, the jolt made the palm of my hand draw back and just totally GUNNED the throttle and the bike took the fvck off...flipped the bike, and I came off the back end skidding to a halt on my knees...OUCH!!!

It didn't even hurt much at all directly after it happened, but as soon as the swelling set in, I couldn't even budge my leg to save my life...went to ER for x-rays and everything came back negative...been on percocet since sat night and haven't gone to work once this week which sucks.

Trust me, the bigger they are the harder they fall couldn't more true. I'm still shocked that this "dirtbike" threw a 260lb person like a ragdoll, what's even more shocking? If it weren't for my legs being useless right now, I'd prolly be back on the bike first chance I got, lol.:blink:

FORTUNATELY for my friend, the only think messed up on his hell racer was his clutch handle which a picked another up for 20bucks the other day. Coulda been a lot worse i guess...

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
You didn't state this in your post, but please tell me during all this you were wearing a helmet.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Nope, no helmet. I know, I'm stupid, darwin almost had his way w/ me... When I told my parents what happened over the phone, at first they were really concerned, etc...then when I told them I wasn't wearing a helmet they about nearly choked the life outa me through the phone line. For now on, a helmet is a part of the bike for me...

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I remember I was driving on the highway and this guy was riding extremely fast on his bike (90mph at least). Well, he WAS wearing a helmet. Guess what else ?

He WASN'T wearing a shirt and was wearing shorts. hm.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
o yeah. I've seen someone get in a motorcycle wreck before. It's ugly.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
70mph in first gear? I'm curious why first gear is so long on a dirtbike. 10 years back I road a cr 500 and I couldn't imagine needing a faster bike then that in the dirt. Are dirtbikes geard diffrent now or something. They used to have 6 gears. I can't imagine needing 6 if you can do 70 in first. Really your not going to hit 200mph in the dirt.lol

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
If you wear at least more durable clothing it'll be easier for the fire department to clean up the road.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I see sometimes gays wearing leather pants ?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
70mph in first gear? I'm curious why first gear is so long on a dirtbike. 10 years back I road a cr 500 and I couldn't imagine needing a faster bike then that in the dirt. Are dirtbikes geard diffrent now or something. They used to have 6 gears. I can't imagine needing 6 if you can do 70 in first. Really your not going to hit 200mph in the dirt.lol
It's not so much the speed, but the torque I guess. If your bike can hit 70 in 1st then that would leave less time to shift and have a faster time gaining speed.

ANd hitting 70 in 1st on this bike doesn't take long at all. Maybe 2-3 seconds??

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well I'm glad it wasn't worse. I knew a guy that wrecked on one of those his helmet protected his head..but they found his head in a ditch without his body.

That being said his was an extreme case, glad your going to put the helmet on. I've come close to wrecking many times on the back of motorcycles. It is a scary thing. Hope you feel better soon.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
thx crader...

monday was the day I told my 2 boss's (have 2 part-time jobs) I'd be back for work... then just realized that monday is a holiday so that'll give me an extra day to recover...

Today is the best I've felt... all out of percs since last night and the pain/swelling is down a considerable amount today. Can walk w/o crutches now, well, limp w/o crutches now....am about to do an upper body workout today...haven't trained since last Thursday.

I've dropped my cals by a 1000-1500/day since all I've been doing is sitting on my butt for the past week.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm always extremely careful when my girl is on the back of my bike. If anything ever happened to her I wouldn't be able to live with the guilt
Thats very sweet. Some really don't care. And when that happens all you can do is hang on and pray. If you panic or shift at high speed you know you'll shift the bike over and wreck it.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
"but the POWER of the kick back was ridiculous, so instead of laying off the throttle, the jolt made the palm of my hand draw back and just totally GUNNED the throttle and the bike took the fvck off"

I've done the same on a tiny, but torquey little mini bike. I can't even imagine that kind of power.

Glad you are Ok.

And clothing at 60mph lasts about 4 feet worth of sliding. The average slide at that speed is around 40-70 feet. Leather gets you about 15-20 feet before burning through.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
its a lil off topic but im planning on making a gixxercart when i get home... if you dont know what it is search gixxercart on youtube. its a go cart that hit 115 mph

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
That'd be terrifying sitting that close to the ground and going 115, LOL.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
similar to the t-rex but more like a racing cart. not street legal. seriously, you have to go to youtube and see the videos

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
General Chat 1