Time for a New Phone, but Confused...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm about to be eligible for an upgrade on my phone and I want to get either a Blackberry or a Blackjack, but I am not sure which one. My carrier is AT&T, so I am limited to phones with that service, but if anyone has any other suggestions, I am willing to listen.

riseboi

riseboi

Awards
  • Established
I don't have any experience with the blackjack or ATT, but I've had a blackberry for a few years now and have been very happy with the quality. What functions are you looking for?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't have any experience with the blackjack or ATT, but I've had a blackberry for a few years now and have been very happy with the quality. What functions are you looking for?
Full keyboard, internet access, speaker-phone if possible. Not really picky about features, just want to be able to to make and recall notes when I need to.

riseboi

riseboi

Awards
  • Established
Full keyboard, internet access, speaker-phone if possible. Not really picky about features, just want to be able to to make and recall notes when I need to.
I think one of the newer bb models would serve you well then; maybe the 8700, 8800, or curve. I now have the 8830 and use just about everything on it; email, phone, text, bt, calendar planner, notes, internet, etc... It really does become a crackberry. ;)

jrm

jrm

Awards
The data plan will be more expensive on a Blackberry vs any other data device, but in my opinion it's worth it. Blackberry's also handle email better than other devices, especially when doing multiple addresses.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I'm in the same boat as you...I was looking into both of those and the iPhone but the upgraded plan threw me off...

...I ended up opting for the MOTORIZR...the razor, slider version.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
...I ended up opting for the MOTORIZR...the razor, slider version.
What's the battery life on that badboy?

I recently bought a Razr off ebay for $60. My other phone was accidentally thrown against a wall.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
same battery as the razr...just more expensive.

I broke 2 RAZR's, which is the primary reason for getting the RIZR...

Fireproof

Fireproof

Awards
I'm a big time blackberry user, so my feedback may be a bit biased. ;)

But I love blackberries - they keep getting better and better. If I were to buy one right now, it would be the Curve. Great combination of phone and PDA. The form factor is small enough so it feels like a phone, has bluetooth, camera, etc. But you still have a full qwerty keyboard with good keys for fast typing and long emails.

I use my BB for email and websurfing more than as a phone and love it. Google maps on the BB is killer too.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
A blackberries nickname is Crack-berry, because of how addicting they are. This is another thing that prevented me from buying one...

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
A blackberries nickname is Crack-berry, because of how addicting they are. This is another thing that prevented me from buying one...
Yup. I use my phone for texting sometimes and those get annoying quick. I prefer just using my phone for calls

tattoopierced1

i hate blackberries...maybe its because i'm in charge of the local BES server.

i like the blackjacks though.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I had a BB 7100g. I enjoyed it, but the data plan is a pretty penny with AT&T.

Another issue I had was the size. I like the BB Pearl, because it is smaller, but switched to a MotoSLVR which emails as well and it isn't too bad with the iTap.

PI, how do you like the MOTORIZR?

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
It's gonna be the same as the slvr, razr, and krzr as far as performance...

...but I like the looks and I break flips too easily, and I hate locking/unlocking keys so a slider was the obvious choice for me.

I was either gonna get the motorizr, or the samsung u600 which is a sick phone but costs a pretty penny.

I like my choice though, its a solid phone, I don't think I'll be able to break it easily.

...Anyone see the new RAZR coming out in a few months, with the huge LCD on the front, the thing looks sick.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I have the microsoft pocket PC with ATT and I love it. Sliding full text keyboard, slot for flash memory, micosoft word, excel, internet explorer...its really good