This guy had a bad day....

Link24

Awards
  • Established
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8S4d0Xgo-o&NR=1"]YouTube - Weight Lifting Accident (mute audio)[/ame]

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Looks like he got dizzy or passed out.

Sucks either way.

Link24

Awards
  • Established
Yeah for sure..... man that would suck. It looks like the bar landed on his neck

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I sometimes get a nasty headrush when I start a heavy shoulder-pressing motion.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, last time I was using the wheelbarrel deadlift machine with about 550, I blacked out on the way up. I somehow got to the top of the lift but I know everything from the bottom to almost the top was just blackness.

Kinda freaked me out. lol

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, last time I was using the wheelbarrel deadlift machine with about 550, I blacked out on the way up. I somehow got to the top of the lift but I know everything from the bottom to almost the top was just blackness.

Kinda freaked me out. lol
It's something to do with how it effects you blood pressure. My mother and I tend to get dizzy and whatnot if we stand up too quickly from sitting down. We also both have naturally low BP.

Link24

Awards
  • Established
I always feel like blacking out after a heavy set of squats

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I was on Drive and a few other vasodialators so that might have been it...OR just the fact I was maxing out.

It was weird either way.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lucky for the cell phone dude he is not very strong so the dumbell was light. On second thought its not surprising he is not strong considering he answers his phone in the middle of sets.lol

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, those 15 pounders are brutal when you're busy. lol

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anytime you strain excessively with a big lift it causes increased pressure on the vagus nerve which can cause a sudden drop in heart rate and blood pressure. It's called a vasovagal response....essentialy if severe enough you pass out due to the sudden decrease in heart rate casing lack of cerebral perfusion. It's actually used medically quite often for many conditions.

Link24

Awards
  • Established
That guy with the damn cellphone is an idiot haha...... Heavy or not it would still hurt though lol

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
That guy with the cell phone will be a future Darwin award recipient LOL

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
I come close to blacking out when i do decline benchpress.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love watching these fools on cell phones. Makes me realize survival of the fittest is so spot on

Link24

Awards
  • Established
I think Im going to film this douche at my gym who likes to talk on his cell more than actually work out at the gym. He puts his phone down inbetween sets and sh*t so annoying