Permanently injured athletes

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I've always wondered what happened to the athletes that went pro for awhile, but ended up getting hurt too badly to ever play again. Yeah sure they get a shltload of endorsements and make a ton of money, but football for example, any one of dem suns o' betches can catch a helmet sideways into their knee and that'll be it.

I'm not gonna say that ALL pro athletes have 'tarded bachelors, but most do. Not so much in bodybuilding b/c there is minimal physical interaction, but certain sports where injury is always a possibility what happens to them when they are out of the sport they love and 'have to get back into the real life' ?............kinda like us.

I went to Vitamin Shoppe this evening and I saw my highschool classmate who play football all in highschool and at my college who is going pro now picking up some stuff. (I figured he got it all for free anyway from Cytosport).

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Many of them are fine and they pursue other career options. Robert Smith retired from the Vikings at his peak because he wanted to pursue his medical career. You don't hear about the guys who end up doing well and doing something with their degree because that doesn't make headlines.

OTOH, you'll always hear about the phuck ups because it's entertaining and it gives ESPN and FOX sports more interesting stories to cover.