Is it just me or.........

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Is it me or does anyone else find the humor of Will Ferrell, Owen Wilson, Luke Wilson, Vince Vaughn, Ben Stiller (sometimes), Steve Carrell (sometimes), etc..... lame ?

There is sometimes another actor that is in the movies, but usually they keep it to this 4-some orgy for the most part like these movies:

-Dodgeball
-Kicking and Screaming
-Old School
-Wedding Crashers
-Blades of Glory
-Anchorman
-etc....

I'm sure I probably rub people the wrong way cuz judging by these movie's profits people must like them.

I tend to find stuff politically incorrect or obscene to really be hiliaious....Family Guy/Andy D1ck

That's about it for humor. I watch horror movies 99.99% of the time

I find South Park/Dave Chappell unentertaining. Same with the Four Orgy above. It is literally the same regurgitated junk every movie. You expect them to essentially be playing 'grab ass and innocent boy' combined with incredibly childish humor in every movie. Its really hard for me to find humor in the 'humor genre' movies.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Yeah, I don't understand the fascination of these cats. I would also throw in Adam Sandler.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Yeah good call ! I forgot about him. Adam Sandler's Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Big Daddy, etc. only reinforce to me that in America if you are a 35ish degenerate you can still make a good living due to Hollywood.

I've always found these handful of ex-SNL staff to be lame. I'll admit the first movie that came out with them in it was OK, but afterwards the whole d1ck tugging got old really fast.

The thing is it never changes, its the same shlt over and over and over again, with a different scenario and different female actress.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Sure they may have their moments, but overall I don't find them that funny. In addition, if you seen one of their movies, you've seen them all. Not a very good character range....

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I like Vince Vaughn, I like the rest a bit, but I absolutely HATE Will Farrel...he's SUCH an idiot!

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
come on...owen wilson just OD'ed and apparantly was trying to kill himself (maybe he read this thread?)...give the guy a break :D

Seriously though I find senseless humor entertaining. SuperBad = Hilarious!!

...but I'd rather watch someone like Bill Mahr, in all honesty.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Lol, I read that thing about Owen Wilson.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hit or miss on most of those. I find several of those movies to be fun.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hit or miss on most of those. I find several of those movies to be fun.
I agree. I definitely don't think you can throw Ben Stiller in the same category (most of the time), however. Meet the Parents has to be one of the best comedies out there. My humor is usually witty, sarcastic and dry (Seinfeld or The Office) or completely stupid (Zoolander).

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I would say Ben Stiller is the best out of them. I find him to be pretty hilarious from time to time.

The rest of them are boring to say the least.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I would say Ben Stiller is the best out of them. I find him to be pretty hilarious from time to time.

The rest of them are boring to say the least.
wow bro, the two of us have completely different tastes...

beyond something about mary and zoolander, I can't stand stiller...

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The comedy of a lot of those guys is improvised. I think this adds to the 'randomness' of their jokes and if you keep in mind that a lot of the things they say are being made up on the spot, that makes it a hell of a lot funnier. If you've ever done improvisation, you'd understand how freaking tough it is (I tried to get into the comedy scene in my (more)younger years). The sh*t those guys can come up with like that is really commendable.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, and Kids in the Hall style of humor pwns!!!

Scott Thompson, Mark MacKinney, Kevin McDonald, Bruce McCullough, and David Foley freaking rocked back in the day. Much better than who's topping the movie scenes today (in my opinion).

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Owen Wilson is hilarious. Just his way of talking alone makes me laugh my ass off.

Vince V - amazing in Swingers and has steadily declined playing the same a-hole type character in too many movies.

Ben S - is hit or miss. He's played the same "walked all over / uptight" character too many times.

Will Ferrel and Adam S are terrible.

Carrell is funny at times.

Jack Black went from teetering on the edge of annoying to unwatchable too.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Oh, and Kids in the Hall style of humor pwns!!!

Scott Thompson, Mark MacKinney, Kevin McDonald, Bruce McCullough, and David Foley freaking rocked back in the day. Much better than who's topping the movie scenes today (in my opinion).
I'm squishing your head!

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Sinner, I take it you like monty python too?

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I agree. I definitely don't think you can throw Ben Stiller in the same category (most of the time), however. Meet the Parents has to be one of the best comedies out there. My humor is usually witty, sarcastic and dry (Seinfeld or The Office) or completely stupid (Zoolander).
Yeah Robert DeNiro and a good writer have that affect.

I find Kevin Smith movies pretty funny. Or go old school Mel Brooks.

Tattooed76

Tattooed76

Awards
It's been a long time since there was a comedy as good as Spaceballs. IMO

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A person that doesn't like South Park talking about Comedy is like Rosie O'donnel giving weight loss advice IMO.

South Park is the ultimate Litmus test for me. If you dont like the show, I cant trust your opinion on TV or movies.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah Robert DeNiro and a good writer have that affect.

I find Kevin Smith movies pretty funny. Or go old school Mel Brooks.
Kevin Smith movies are probably some of the funniest flicks I've ever watched. Nothing better then some funny d#ck and fart jokes with intelligent dialogue to get me rolling.

Spaceballs is a definite classic(as most will say).

"May the swarts be with you."

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
South Park is the ultimate Litmus test for me. If you dont like the show, I cant trust your opinion on TV or movies.
Agreed, behind all of the incredibly entertaining rude and crude dialogue exists some of the most intelligent political genius in all of the media today.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed, behind all of the incredibly entertaining rude and crude dialogue exists some of the most intelligent political genius in all of the media today.
The allegories in that show are amazing.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I hate South Park. The humor is lame and very unintellegent.

All their material lacks even the slightest bit of intellect. It just sucks.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I hate South Park. The humor is lame and very unintellegent.

All their material lacks even the slightest bit of intellect. It just sucks.
Man reaper, you're gonna lose your date with sinner if you keep bad mouthing South Park - joking :D

I think South Park is the greatest TV show ever made :head:

I'm a fan of Farrell, Vaughn, and Stiller. Luke and Owen Wilson are just decent IMO. I'm a sucker for stupid humor. I also really miss the Chapelle show :(

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Man reaper, you're gonna lose your date with sinner if you keep bad mouthing South Park - joking :D

I think South Park is the greatest TV show ever made :head:

I'm a fan of Farrell, Vaughn, and Stiller. Luke and Owen Wilson are just decent IMO. I'm a sucker for stupid humor. I also really miss the Chapelle show :(
IW-

I may lose the date, but I've already 'hit it' per se....so yeah its all good in da hood.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Looks like I created the next episode of Jerry Springer that includes, sinner, reaper, and a mistery goat :D