Missed the FedEx man, what od i do?

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
So my lazy ass laid in bed when my dog barked at the door. Didn't think it would be for me, when i looked it was to late he was gettin in the van and leaving. It said fedex home delivery. So do they bring it to my post office or what?
thanks guys.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
So my lazy ass laid in bed when my dog barked at the door. Didn't think it would be for me, when i looked it was to late he was gettin in the van and leaving. It said fedex home delivery. So do they bring it to my post office or what?
thanks guys.
If you have the tracking # call 1-800-Go-FedEx and they will tell you where to get it. If you don't have the track # call the shipper and get it.

They "may" try to deliver again on Monday. I would call, you may be able to pick it up today.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Alright. i work 12-10pm today but tomorrow i will call. Thanks man. I was so pissed that i was to lazy to get up, i would have ran knowing it was my supps. I din't think they would be here that quick. 2 days and a morning.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
They should have left a note on your door telling you what time you can go to fed-ex and pick it up. If you don't they will re-deliver it on Monday.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I ALWAYS miss the Fed-Ex man. They should have stuck a ticket on your door. Sign it and put it out the next morning before you leave for work.

getswole

getswole

Awards
  • Established
Yeah they usually make a second attempt,even a blank piece of paper taped to your door with a sloppy sig saying leave my package here you fed-ex B1tch...should be fine;)

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Our Fed ex guy just leaves the stuff on my back deck.

Champ

Champ

Board Supporter
Awards
I'm a pickup courier for the Express side. I don't know how home del. does their operation.

I would suggest giving them a call 1-800-G0-Fedex to get a release on the package for future attempts. With Express there are a total of 3 attempts made on the package before it is sent back to the shipper.

Two things you can do for future reference. The first option which is the best is when you call in, request to have a dedicated release number on file for your residence. This is basically a number that says it is okay to release the package without a direct signature. The second option is to sign the door tag if the home del. courier left one for you and/or you could leave a note on the door stating that it is okay to release the package with your signature. Leave your contact number in which they could call you if they need anything.

The company or managers have gotten on our asses about releasing packages in areas that are not secure, even if the customer say its okay. My guess is that there have been overwhelming amount of claims submitted to the company for either lost or stolen packages.

Damn I hate AM delieveries...Total pain in the ass.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah they usually make a second attempt,even a blank piece of paper taped to your door with a sloppy sig saying leave my package here you fed-ex B1tch...should be fine;)
I might have to try doing that the next time I order a fed-ex shipped parcel.

Fed-Ex and UPS are funny. One time I got a call from UPS saying that the driver had written "Address does not exist" on my parcel. They called me up, read off the correct address and had the nerve to say it didn't exist WHILE I WAS SITTING AT THAT ADDRESS. :lol:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:goodpost: Yup i do this all the time

texxlnghorn

Awards
Fed-ex and UPS will try a delivery 3 times.
UPS and Fed-ex employees have the same route every week, unless there is a change.

So if you notice a new driver, just be carefull.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Just call them. They keep the package at their storage center. I've went to their storage centers plenty of times to get a package they I didn't want to wait for.

Personally for me, I hate FedEx. Everytime I get a package they somehow come up with a creative way to fcuk something up. UPS or even USPS (postal service) are better than FedEx.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
FedEX Home Delivery doesn't deliver on Mondays...

Better luck tuesdee....

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just call them. They keep the package at their storage center. I've went to their storage centers plenty of times to get a package they I didn't want to wait for.

Personally for me, I hate FedEx. Everytime I get a package they somehow come up with a creative way to fcuk something up. UPS or even USPS (postal service) are better than FedEx.
What can brown do for you: SH*T

USPS FTW!!! You wouldn't think a government run service would be the sh*t, but rain or shine, they do get the job done and bust out a 6-guage on anything that gets in their way.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards

True Story.

I hate FedEX....

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
it was behind the bush....wow....i'm dumb....anyways. I got it running in the Log section hit it up. I have a good amount of time to log stuff, wont be detailed detailed but still accurate. Thanks guys, and the bush always gets in the way....:blink:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
USPS FTW!!! You wouldn't think a government run service would be the sh*t, but rain or shine, they do get the job done and bust out a 6-guage on anything that gets in their way.
:toofunny:

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I absolutely love Fed Ex.

Just sign the slip they leave on your door. It authorizes them to leave packages under a certain value (a couple hundred I think) at your door when you arent home.