The Incredible Hulk

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I can't wait for that one. If they would keep it closer to the series. Nobody can be the hulk like Ferrigno. :bb3: I guess we will see.

Champ

Champ

Board Supporter
Awards
I doubt it will be Ferrigno playing the part. Who knows though.

I want to see the character "Abomination" played by Tim Roth.

Does anyone know what the "grey" hulk in the comic series was called. I think I'm getting the two confused.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I doubt it will be Ferrigno playing the part. Who knows though.

I want to see the character "Abomination" played by Tim Roth.

Does anyone know what the "grey" hulk in the comic series was called. I think I'm getting the two confused.
"grey" hulk was usually called either Joe Fixit or Dr. Banner - depending on who he was talking too.
It's the same guy though (Dr. Banner/original Hulk), just a different time.
First, he turned into a green strong and stupid giant when angry, and the weak scientist Dr. Banner when not. The 2 rarely shared any memories. The Hulk most ppl know.
His strength was theoretically unlimited, as he got stronger the madder he got. His only limit was his anger.

Then for a period of time (I think after another gamma bomb), his skin turned grey. Grey Hulk was not quite as strong as Green Hulk, but they were very close. But Grey Hulk fully retained all of Dr. Banner's memories/thoughts/etc. I think he was also permanently Grey hulk, and never reverted back to Dr. Banner. He was affected by day/night...and he think worked as a bouncer at times, because crime fighting just didn't pay. He also liked dressing up in nice suits, lol - he was entertaining.

Being a comic nerd alumni, I should point out that while the movie says Abomination is stronger than the Hulk...this is kinda true and untrue, lol. Under "normal" circumstances (ie: calm), Abomination is stronger. But as mentioned before, the Hulk's strength is theoretically infinite - directly proportional to his rage.

In the Marvel universe, there is nothing stronger than the maddest Hulk. Kinda like some of the members here on AM...except Abomination might be better looking, lol. :p

...waits now for all the PM's from hot chicks to come in who are impressed and attracted to my sexy knowledge ... .........crickets........

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"grey" hulk was usually called either Joe Fixit or Dr. Banner - depending on who he was talking too.
It's the same guy though (Dr. Banner/original Hulk), just a different time.
First, he turned into a green strong and stupid giant when angry, and the weak scientist Dr. Banner when not. The 2 rarely shared any memories. The Hulk most ppl know.
His strength was theoretically unlimited, as he got stronger the madder he got. His only limit was his anger.

Then for a period of time (I think after another gamma bomb), his skin turned grey. Grey Hulk was not quite as strong as Green Hulk, but they were very close. But Grey Hulk fully retained all of Dr. Banner's memories/thoughts/etc. I think he was also permanently Grey hulk, and never reverted back to Dr. Banner. He was affected by day/night...and he think worked as a bouncer at times, because crime fighting just didn't pay. He also liked dressing up in nice suits, lol - he was entertaining.

Being a comic nerd alumni, I should point out that while the movie says Abomination is stronger than the Hulk...this is kinda true and untrue, lol. Under "normal" circumstances (ie: calm), Abomination is stronger. But as mentioned before, the Hulk's strength is theoretically infinite - directly proportional to his rage.

In the Marvel universe, there is nothing stronger than the maddest Hulk. Kinda like some of the members here on AM...except Abomination might be better looking, lol. :p

...waits now for all the PM's from hot chicks to come in who are impressed and attracted to my sexy knowledge ... .........crickets........

I thought the grey hulk and banner where seperate identities all together, just the grey was a more intellectual green hulk(acutally I'm pretty sure this is the case as I remember reading a spidey comic in which he turned from grey to banner), and later on in the series he eventually got to where he was green, stronger then anyother hulk presona and stayed that way the entire time all while maintaining banner's psych. Made some really cool weapons when he was in this mode to if I remember correctly.

Anyway's as to the movie... it's bound to be better then the first albiet it won't have Jennifer Connelly(sigh):sad: . I like John Woo but his take on that flick was pretty bad, and besides Ed Norton doesn't have a tendency to make many bad movies.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I thought the grey hulk and banner where seperate identities all together, just the grey was a more intellectual green hulk(acutally I'm pretty sure this is the case as I remember reading a spidey comic in which he turned from grey to banner), and later on in the series he eventually got to where he was green, stronger then anyother hulk presona and stayed that way the entire time all while maintaining banner's psych.
Separate identities - yes. But as far as I know, identities that shared the same "body", and therefore could not exist physically at the same time.
(I was basically trying to say that "grey" hulk was not a different character than the Incredible Hulk could meet/fight - at least physically. Kind of like Spiderman and black Spiderman (with the symbiote) was the same guy. Sure they looked and acted differently, but still the same guy).

As a counter example, while Onslaught was a part of Xavier's inner psyche, with some weird relationship to Magneto, Onslaught and Xavier and Magneto all physically existed at the same time.

Can't remember if grey hulk switched to banner body and back again. Could be. I thought he just basically stayed grey hulk that whole time since he was still smart, there was no reason to lose all that muscle to be just banner. I believe Abomination cannot switch back to human form.

Hulk later turned to green hulk again, but yeah, much smarter and with Banner's memories, etc.

Then again, continuity in comics sometimes changed depending on the writer and artist, lol.

Champ

Champ

Board Supporter
Awards
Ah...now I understand.

I was also under the impression that they were two.

Thanks for clearing that up.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
ok heres a fun fact that i know about the hulk because im such a geek..the original hulk way back in hulk 1 in the 60's was greyhe was later changed to green.

i am a huge comic geek..have well over 5000 of them.i collect sporadically now..but i have the complete run you guys are talking about.prob some of the best writing the hulk has ever had..peter david the author really set the bar pretty high

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Separate identities - yes. But as far as I know, identities that shared the same "body", and therefore could not exist physically at the same time.
(I was basically trying to say that "grey" hulk was not a different character than the Incredible Hulk could meet/fight - at least physically. Kind of like Spiderman and black Spiderman (with the symbiote) was the same guy. Sure they looked and acted differently, but still the same guy).

As a counter example, while Onslaught was a part of Xavier's inner psyche, with some weird relationship to Magneto, Onslaught and Xavier and Magneto all physically existed at the same time.

Can't remember if grey hulk switched to banner body and back again. Could be. I thought he just basically stayed grey hulk that whole time since he was still smart, there was no reason to lose all that muscle to be just banner. I believe Abomination cannot switch back to human form.

Hulk later turned to green hulk again, but yeah, much smarter and with Banner's memories, etc.

Then again, continuity in comics sometimes changed depending on the writer and artist, lol.
Gotcha man. I just thought I'd mention that the physical change still happened despite maintenence of the intellectual properties(they where one in the same and still changed back and forth), and once he hit the 'Big' green hulk phase no change took place.

Champ

Champ

Board Supporter
Awards
I think this one looks promising. Honestly I'm biased though as I always had a childhood fantasy of being the Hulk. Anything concerning this comic character I went bonkers over.

Transformers was awesome too.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I liked Hulk Banner personally. All the rage of the Hulk stuck in the puny human Banner form, ahhahahaha!!!

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
I can't wait for that one. If they would keep it closer to the series. Nobody can be the hulk like Ferrigno. :bb3: I guess we will see.
Lou made th Hulk what is is today. He was the first bodybuilder I met when I was a kid. man he was wide as ****. I hated the first movie so hopefully this will be good

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lou made th Hulk what is is today. He was the first bodybuilder I met when I was a kid. man he was wide as ****. I hated the first movie so hopefully this will be good

Yeah and people say Stallone still looks good. Lou has him beat by miles...

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Yeah and people say Stallone still looks good. Lou has him beat by miles...

Stallone was a twig comapred to Lou. Have you ever read the stories of Ferigno's childhood. Good stuff.

Those guys were the real Iron Warriors. Ahhh lift weights for 4 hrs and go smoke a blunt. :bb2:

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love the end of the preview. I'm a bit surprised they showed so much of Abomination though.